12 replies to this topic

#1 Terios

Terios

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

So I see people obvs more skilled than I am, shatter people from 100%-0
I've seen other classes do this as well but I am more particular about mesmer since it's my main.

So I gotta ask?:

Are these people using macros? or some other program? Because when I try to do a combo super fast half the skills end up stopping or canceling each other which is very annoying. (wish I could just push the order of skills and it just pop them after c/d unless I doge or jump)

Tons of times I've had 2 already clones -> sword-3 -> Swap (hitting them and locking them) and pressing sword-2 with Shatter-1  and then only to notice Sword-2 has not activated.

now I know this seems very QQ but if my foe has a bunch of stacks of vulnerability I'd Kinda like my skill to land esp if the snare worked!!!

Am I doing something wrong?

#2 flimp

flimp

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

1. If you have auto attack switched on, turn it off
2. Shatter skills work on top of your normal skills, i.e. They will not cancel any skills
3. Mirror images will cancel your sword2 (if that is part of your combo) so you need to time it that. The rest is pretty straight forward lol

#3 AdraCo

AdraCo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postflimp, on 15 December 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

1. If you have auto attack switched on, turn it off

Why?

#4 Miku Flarestorm

Miku Flarestorm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Because it consumes time and delays your other skills.

#5 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

In a burst you want generaly want something like this wery fast: 5,3,4,dodge,3,2 + s1, s3,mirror, dodge +s2
continue by (optional)------> swap staff+staff 2 + dodge eather iwarlock.

You dont want a aotoattack in any of that sequense to make it slower. You dont need a macro thu, just learn the different combos. Another combo Is the movment combo I started use to catch ppl latley.

heal,portal, blink, staff 2, pistol stun, sword 3 , sword 3 sword 2 mirror  mv. Same here a autoattack might delay something and you fail the combo timing.

/Osicat

#6 CasualPvP

CasualPvP

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Another excellent guide osicat, thanks!

#7 Matron

Matron

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ZB]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I like to assign keys 6-9 to mouse buttons. This works a little better for people who have difficulty hitting those keys rapidly or in sync with keys from the left side of the keyboard. Include your pistol berserker in the spike, summoning it and allowing it to fire as you begin your spike but before you shatter.

Edited by Matron, 17 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#8 lioka qiao

lioka qiao

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[BP]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I assigned keys 6-9 to C, Z, and R just to make them more accessible, and 0 to V (using double taps to dodge).  Most of those keys were unused previously and are necessary for thief or mesmer speed.  (esp thief with a second shadow step spike:  5 F1 1, 5 Z 1 with infiltrator sig).  The R key is almost always set to my teleport skill if i have one, the Z key to something i don't need to reach fast, the C to my stun breaker or another teleport skill.

You don't need macros, just dancing fingers.  Once you train your fingers to execute a combo it becomes second nature.

#9 Matron

Matron

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ZB]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postlioka qiao, on 17 December 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

I assigned keys 6-9 to C, Z, and R just to make them more accessible, and 0 to V (using double taps to dodge).

double taps feel risky, have you ever tried X as 0?

lioka is right, timing is everything!

#10 Kumakichi

Kumakichi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Very nice video osicat.  I have question about you combos.  In previous videos it look like you blink, pistol 5, mirror, sword 3, sword 3, sword 2, shatter, and so on.  Are you find this new combo better?

I got the skills cancel a lot too due to auto attack.  Ill blink in and cant get combos started.  Never thought about disabling auto attack.  Good to know.

Edited by Kumakichi, 17 December 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#11 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

@Kumakichi, Its faster than a full phantasm summon Xee burst, this as I know for sure I get my clones out fast and I deliver a payload of dmg. For the folow up I like to get the phantasm out as the enemy by now is alot more "under my control". See it like a police hitting a apartment with a swat team, they start with bach the door and thow in shock grenades then ruch on.

A "cat leap" catch with a hard hit on a enemy who thinks hes safe, same with a sprint blink mirro sword 3, enemy dont have time to get defenses up can like you see on the GS mesmer take him to 20% hp, he get shocked and get 4 + confusion stacks, I get a huge dmg buff in terms of might stacks and can easy finish him off.

If I in close combat thu with a slow target in range I do the full Xee burst ( + phantasm and dodge for 3 shatter), youtube Xee burst if you want a tutoral.

@lioka qiao, agreed, as a keyboard action button user I say the same. Train up your fingers. Imagine if piano players used macros playing a song :)

/Osicat

#12 RandolfRa

RandolfRa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Postosicat, on 15 December 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Just wondering, why didn't you burst the hell out of that thief when he was spinning? It works 90% of time. Anyway, nice video.

Edited by RandolfRa, 18 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#13 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

@RandolfRa, heheidd 90% of the time as di I. Thing is that I had numerous encounters vs that thief djuring the morning the photage for this movie was taken. What I learned was that hes build was a tanky high condition build and the bleeds was huring bad. I also learned he was a more skilled than the tiefs I usualy run into in wvwvw. First fight we had I did underestimate him and did just as I used to vs thiefs while I suspected he was burst crit dmg built and got my ass handeled, the comming two times I changed tactics to the long distance juking I use in the vid vs him. I did alot better and without take any real dmg got him to 5-10% hp fast, then he stealthed, and legged away. This forth time he is kinda sure he can kill ke as my hp get low and I get to end him. I have big respect for that player thu and thats why I end with a bow vs him. Fun to play vs good thiefs in wvwvw.

/Osicat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users