Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Can we use Clothes ans Skins outside?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Can we use the new Wintersday Clothes and Weapon Skins outside of town in battle?

Are the wooden weapons purchased from shops(not Gem shop ones) permanent?

Anyone know the drop rate of the Mystery Wintersday Boxes?

Edited by gene098, 15 December 2012 - 03:54 AM.


#2 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

BUMP Morning

#3 Baktwerel

Baktwerel

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Location:Terrorizing Tyria as Loki Blackskull
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Costumes are categorized as Town Clothes and cannot be used in battle.

As far as I know, the wooden weapons are permanent.

No idea on the drop rate of the boxes I'm afraid.

#4 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostBaktwerel, on 15 December 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

Costumes are categorized as Town Clothes and cannot be used in battle.

As far as I know, the wooden weapons are permanent.

No idea on the drop rate of the boxes I'm afraid.
When you say costumes you mean the wooden weapon skins as well?

#5 Baktwerel

Baktwerel

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Location:Terrorizing Tyria as Loki Blackskull
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

View Postgene098, on 15 December 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

When you say costumes you mean the wooden weapon skins as well?

Weapon skins can be applied to weapons and are usable in normal combat. It's Toys that come with costumes as "weapons" and have unique non-combat skills (Like the Fancy Winter Crystal Scepter or the Frying pan) that can be used in costume brawls.
The wooden weapon skins are for normal combat weapons (sword, greatsword, axe, longbow etc.).

#6 Hybrid

Hybrid

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Location:New York
  • Guild Tag:[ONE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Somewhat related to this thread topic but I am really curious if ANET ever gave a reason for why we can't have the town clothes / costumes appearance usable in combat. In GW1 (although this was patched in much later in the game) you were able to equip costumes on top of your normal armor and still play. I understand that in GW2 some town clothes have unique skills attached to them but couldn't the skills just be made unavailable outside of towns (or overwritten by normal skills)? I just don't see myself buying these town clothes for the sake of costume brawling. :mellow:

#7 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostHybrid, on 16 December 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Somewhat related to this thread topic but I am really curious if ANET ever gave a reason for why we can't have the town clothes / costumes appearance usable in combat. In GW1 (although this was patched in much later in the game) you were able to equip costumes on top of your normal armor and still play. I understand that in GW2 some town clothes have unique skills attached to them but couldn't the skills just be made unavailable outside of towns (or overwritten by normal skills)? I just don't see myself buying these town clothes for the sake of costume brawling. :mellow:
Good point

#8 Arewn

Arewn

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1069 posts
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostHybrid, on 16 December 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Somewhat related to this thread topic but I am really curious if ANET ever gave a reason for why we can't have the town clothes / costumes appearance usable in combat. In GW1 (although this was patched in much later in the game) you were able to equip costumes on top of your normal armor and still play. I understand that in GW2 some town clothes have unique skills attached to them but couldn't the skills just be made unavailable outside of towns (or overwritten by normal skills)? I just don't see myself buying these town clothes for the sake of costume brawling. :mellow:
Probably because they want armor class to be visible, and costumes would cover that. Plus most of the costumes just look really out of place in actual combat.
I do think they should make it so that you can use your costume hat in combat though (for helms, there should be an 'ON', an 'OFF' and a 'USE COSTUME HAT' option).




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users