• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Condition Assassin (Bleed Stacking/BM Build)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Umie

Umie

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BSW]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

perfected and updated to 0/0/30/10/30. tested in tpvp. two variations:

http://gw2skills.net...I7POikEt Y8xeBA

- more pet damage (expertise training significantly increases cat bleeds, which is more reliable now in application)
- more mobility
- works well for roaming
- pet is a MAJOR inconvenience to stragglers/runners with SoH increased speed

- bunker that does a lot of dmg. very difficult to lose a 1v1, even to shatter-tards
- more healing
- more dodging (lowered LR CD)

other thoughts:

right now, stacking bleeds is impressive with improved SB speed and cats landing hits reliably. on an immobilized target you get stack 20-25 bleeds in like 3 seconds (ideal situatioN). if you flank someone, and open up on them with all these bleeds, they will melt in seconds, or at least be forced to pop all their CD's. thing is, you can do it on a short CD. this is indeed a “condition assassin.” with all the +healing and 2100 toughness, dagger evade, and sigils of energy, it's pretty damn tanky too.

lynx on his own can give you 10-12 bleed stacks in 2 seconds, which does about 30% less dmg than your conditions, but it’s still huge.switched torch to dagger. SoH for high mobility for u and pet, in addition to survivability.  you can actually kite like a champ now and your pet will land almost every hit. runes can be of Lich, Undead, or Thief. i felt like i needed more vitality so i went with Lich.

Edited by Umie, 18 December 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#2 Umie

Umie

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Changed trap and protect me to muddy terrain an lightning reflexes.  Much better ;)

#3 Umie

Umie

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

one final update after testing. nothing new really, just an old build that works really well now.

#4 hospes

hospes

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

This is pretty much my build, except I run rune of the undead.. with all the toughness it adds a bit more offensive output, and drops about 1100hp from your build. I'm not afraid to drop to the 16,000s. ;)

I run Troll Unguent, and flop back and forth between Oakheart Salve and Hide in Plain Sight.. Still not sure which I prefer as Oakheart feels better but HiPS has saved me so many times.

And lastly, I prefer Lynx/Snow Leopard because cat leap attacks will actually leap between elevations if you're sniping somebody below, and that's just fun. :)

Either way, glad to see some another BM enthusiast. :D

--edit; why am i not logged into my main account...... /shrug

Edited by hospes, 27 December 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#5 Kumori Tensei

Kumori Tensei

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Guild Tag:[One]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostUmie, on 15 December 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

perfected and updated to 0/0/30/10/30. tested in tpvp. two variations:

Would this be viable in Wvw do you think?

and another question is. Which weapon is you 'main' or do you switch on cd?

#6 Kaboobie

Kaboobie

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • Curse Premium
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

been using this build a bit today must say I dig it quite a bit.

#7 Umie

Umie

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostKumori Tensei, on 27 December 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Would this be viable in Wvw do you think?

and another question is. Which weapon is you 'main' or do you switch on cd?

i dont think so...i run a glass cannon with full berserker and LB in wvw. thats as effective as i see the ranger being in wvw. wvw has lots of hit and run and large group fights. you'll never be able to stack enough bleeds and killing would take too long. if u stick around and try to tank, you'll get overrun.

i use axe/dagger mostly, switching to SB to stack a few more bleeds or to interrupt.

#8 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Muddy Terrain is in both builds, why?  I ask because I really don't like it at all and feel SotH is sufficient and if I really wanted an Immobilize I'd use Spike Trap.  My favorite setup up would be:

Lightning Reflex / Signet of the Wild / Signet of the Hunt also consider "Sick 'EM" for a BM cat build or QZ!

Edited by jeddahwe, 29 December 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#9 Umie

Umie

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

LR/SoW is what i use for ultimate tankiness but, if youre on point you dont really need SoH. muddy terrain gets you the kills. it absolutely crushes thieves/eles/mesmers. one cast and u can get a stack of 20 bleeds again.

sic' em and/or QZ with cat is indeed appealing, and i like it in wvw. it synergizes perfectly with a long range LB build for huge burst from a distance. but i really like my survivability in spvp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users