• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Asparagus Reflex

Asparagus Reflex

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

The issue with that is that it basically drives a player to WvW if they want to both level and have a semblance of PvP. But WvW is hugely impacted by PVE (in the forms of NPCs). Don't get me wrong, WvW is fun, and allows a player to level through ways other than PVE. However, not only is it the only way to level without doing PVE, it is also not really PvP. The new modes that would theoretically be put into place to fix this would be there to allow players to have a more "true" form of PvP, allowing them to level as well. I am not proposing to cater to specific build types, although that may be how it seems.

#32 Happiness Factory

Happiness Factory

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RVRY]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostAsparagus Reflex, on 19 December 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

The issue with that is that it basically drives a player to WvW if they want to both level and have a semblance of PvP. But WvW is hugely impacted by PVE (in the forms of NPCs). Don't get me wrong, WvW is fun, and allows a player to level through ways other than PVE. However, not only is it the only way to level without doing PVE, it is also not really PvP. The new modes that would theoretically be put into place to fix this would be there to allow players to have a more "true" form of PvP, allowing them to level as well. I am not proposing to cater to specific build types, although that may be how it seems.

If I were in charge I would offer some pve rewards/ experience gain to the spvp systems already implemented and tack on some glory to WvW so people can hop between heart of the mists and wvw without feeling like they're not progressing or missing out on something.

Unfortunately anet is very strict when it comes to keeping spvp and the WvW/pve side of the game seperate. So separate that none of the rewards from either part of the game (aside from gems in paid tournaments) transfer. This sort of separation makes players feel like they have to pick which side of the game to play when it really should be both right? I feel like part of what your suggesting would solve that issue.

For myself, I decided to pick spvp for my gamemode, I'm now rank 43 with 105 qualifying points but outside of the mists my 80 is wearing junk gear and the rest of my toons are level 2. I mean I've got almost 1000 hours of gametime now and I have almost nothing to show for it outside the mists.

For others who spend their time pveing, they could have their legendary, their commander title, their full awesomely skinned exotic set. But when they hop in the mists at rank 1 they'll never see a paid tournament and will have a hell of a hard time finding a free tournament group.

To reiterate my point, if anet had a system that allowed people to play all their versions of the game no one would be bored and complain on the forums. WvW would be bolstered by bored pvpers waiting for queue and more people would be willing to try and play spvp for reasons you explained.

Sorry if that was a little long sometimes I get carried away. Haha...

#33 Asparagus Reflex

Asparagus Reflex

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostHappiness Factory, on 20 December 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Unfortunately anet is very strict when it comes to keeping spvp and the WvW/pve side of the game seperate. So separate that none of the rewards from either part of the game (aside from gems in paid tournaments) transfer. This sort of separation makes players feel like they have to pick which side of the game to play when it really should be both right? I feel like part of what your suggesting would solve that issue.

To reiterate my point, if anet had a system that allowed people to play all their versions of the game no one would be bored and complain on the forums. WvW would be bolstered by bored pvpers waiting for queue and more people would be willing to try and play spvp for reasons you explained.
Sorry if that was a little long sometimes I get carried away. Haha...
Lol thank you.

#34 1up

1up

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[PRX]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Be nice to have other PvP modes, but would like them to fix the broken modes first.

#35 Barbieslayer

Barbieslayer

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostAsparagus Reflex, on 18 December 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

??? I will, but if you're going to post, wouldn't you rather know what the views of the OP is, how he/she arrived at those views, and the views of other people in the thread before you post and make a fool of yourself by re-iterating what another person had said?

Sorry I didn't read or validate your disappointment turned around thread, and showed my condemnation towards your attitude.

View PostArngrim Einheri, on 18 December 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

That's funny, cause I have seen many times on this forum people calling you (not you) "many things" because you didn't follow the thread. He said only that he would appreciate. I don't know how can you think that is being rude.

I wish I was as simple as you :qq:

#36 Arngrim Einheri

Arngrim Einheri

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2875 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostBarbieslayer, on 26 December 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

I wish I was as simple as you :qq:

you have been thinking the response quite a long time haven't you? :D
Cons of being complex I guess.

#37 Asparagus Reflex

Asparagus Reflex

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostBarbieslayer, on 26 December 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Sorry I didn't read or validate your disappointment turned around thread, and showed my condemnation towards your attitude.

Hmm. It's interesting, because you are the first person to write that. Well, if you truly cannot understand what I am disappointed by while almost everyone else in the forum base can, I suppose I could write a little summary nutshell here, just for you. :D

Nutshell (for Barbieslayer):
I am disappointed with the lack of PvP in the game. There is a limited amount of PvP in WvW, (the NPC's guarding the camps and such are far too important for the mode to be PvP) and therefore, in order to play PvP, a player must go to sPvP. But sPvP has no impact on PvE (a large part of the game) and WvW (another large part of the game). In contrast to PvE and WvW, sPvP, being the only form of PvP in the game, is NOT nearly good enough, in the sense that it gets repetitive and boring, was called an esport by the developers, and there are few maps and modes. That is disappointing because the traits and skills were specifically designed to be focused more on player skill than trait allocation. So why make the biggest parts of the game things that DON'T focus on one player's skill vs another player's skill????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users