35 replies to this topic

#31 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7671 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

The impression I get is that they're both warmongerers - the distinction is that Balthazar is more of a fair and honourable war type (note: "fair and honourable war" is rarely fair or honourable in the viewpoint of the side with a numerical and/or firepower disadvantage) while Menzies is more about destruction, treachery, and doing whatever it takes to win.
Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

#32 Bohya

Bohya

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostSaul Spotter, on 15 December 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Are the things happening in the fractals some sort of space/time/alternate dimension aspect of the Mist or are they actually happening in Tyria?

It's the Guild Wars 2 equivalent of the Caverns of Time from World of Warcraft.

#33 Evans

Evans

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

View Postrazor39999, on 22 January 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

That cliffside fractal always has me thinking that we're reliving the event of freeing Menzies or some other god-level creature, since not a lot of things are that size and humanoid that we know of. Sorry if something like this was already mentioned in other threads, I haven't checked the lore forums in quite a while, maybe there's some cool theories about the identity of that big guy already.

Recently I noticed the legendary Juggernaut has a gold version of the colossus depicted, which I assume is rather a reference to Atlas, but still strikes a very good resemblance. The Juggernaut needing the Colossus as precursor adds to that. Maybe the Colossus we see in the fractals is Juggernaut. You need a hammer to break the seals don't you.

Too many coincidences.

#34 Konig Des Todes

Konig Des Todes

Manager of the Void

• Site Contributors
  • 9534 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lore]

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

View Postrazor39999, on 22 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Tbh warmongering mad god is more Balthazar's description. I wouldn't be too surprised if his brother is more of a calm, collected and calculating type.

EDIT:
Tho it needn't be Menzies they summoned that's for sure, but the size of that creature is only comparable to Abaddon and that mural where Doric is pleading the other gods where they're shown as pretty huge as well.
Menzies the Mad, Lord of Destruction that waged war on his half-brother to claim godhood does not fit "warmongering mad (demi?)god" to you?

That creature far exceeds the size of Dhuum though. And Abaddon was rebuilding his body (according to the gw.dat which would make sense seeing how it looks nothing like the statue of him) after it was destroyed in Year 0.

Durmand Priory|Library of Whispers|GuildMag
"...I received a 400-page bible document for the world..." - J.Robert King
I want. I want bad.

#35 Saul Spotter

Saul Spotter

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Maybe the Colossus is Razah after two and a half centuries, absorming mist energies or whatnot.

#36 Raagar Deathclaw

Raagar Deathclaw

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[BOLD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

I think of the fractals as a quantum crossroads where past, present, future or even alternate outcomes converge in the mists. that's just my two cents though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users