• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crazy13603

crazy13603

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Not sure if this thread has been done before, but I'm currently looking for some  FotM builds for my elementalist.  Any  and all builds are welcome, whether it be   a  support auramancer/healer or a DPS glass cannon build.

Also, when running fractals, especially in pugs at higher levels, what playstyle/build do you guys find to usually be better?

#2 TheZec

TheZec

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

That's what I usually use, and work really good with both Cleric and Berserker sets (I change it depending on the situation):

http://www.gw2builds...-13.1.3.2.9.6.5

The focus are the cantrips, wich allows you to have a great survivability also in Berserker-Mode, granting vigor and regeneration (and thus removing a condition) each time they are used.

#3 LFk

LFk

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

http://www.gw2builds....30-8.6.4.2.5.6

I swear by this build in Fractals, it's a 0/25/0/15/30 Staff Glyph/Arcane boon build.

It relies a great deal on a lot of fast and focused play, though, as attunement swapping is a major source of boons.

All of those three utilities shown are for general use: An instant cast shield, an AOE repeatedly ticking blind, and a blast finisher on demand are just good utilities to have.  For upper-level fractals it's essential to know when and where you need certain skills.

Cleansing Fire (Swamp running), Armor of Earth (Uncategorized), Mist Form (Many situations), Lightning Flash (Many situations), Signet of Earth (Dredge Boss) all get lots of situation-based play in addition to the AS/Glyph of Storms/AW loadout shown here.

Staff Elementalists deal a devastating AOE punch with nothing except a few might stacks, so know when you are needed to do that.
However, single target DPS is not, and will never be the staff ele's forte. When the fight turns to a single boss, many other things should be on your mind. Water Attunement + Water 3 + Arcane Wave (blast) is a very potent heal for allies, as it procs AOE heals from Healing Ripple, AOE Regen, the Geyser, and a blast finisher on water. Similarly, attuning will enable you to give might, swiftness, prot, and regen on demand to allies. You have access to a great number of fields. In a coordinated group, this is a very valuable tool. This is by no means an instruction to stop DPS. Keep dropping meteors and rupture whenever you happen to find yourself on that attunement: they are your best sustained DPS, even against a single target. Remember that In this build, critical hits will tick vulnerability due to Air 25, which is one of the most often-ignored ways to increase group DPS without dishing out the punishment directly. Combined with a healthy dose of Water 2, you can maintain vulnerability stacks on a single target with relative ease.

Gear is kind of flexible.
I recommend mostly berserker gear, but you can lean toward P/T/V if you're having trouble surviving. You can even mix and match, but remember: a good amount of precision is necessary to take full advantage of Air 25.

I would use as many of the big total-stat items as you can get; For example, I use a Lunaria and Solaria as rings, and the Ancient Karka shell earring. A triforge pendant is great if you have it. Not everyone will have access to these items, but if you do have them, use them.

Elementalists, as an extremely versatile class that does a bit of everything, benefits from every stat. Even condition damage, as you'll want to drop eruption whenever you're on earth, and have multiple skills that can inflict burning. These all-stat items have fewer specific stats of any individual type, but a LOT more totaled stats.

It goes without saying that I also use 6 superior Divinity runes, and suggest those  as the optimal rune set for this build ;)

Sigils are ideally battle (you will be swapping attunements very, very frequently. This is probably THE best situation for a battle sigil). Optimal efficiency would dictate use of one weapon to stack bloodlust, and swapped to a battle weapon when stacks are maxed, but that seems like a bit of a hassle, and trouble for if you are downed and unable to drop combat upon Rally. If you run a good amount of crit (as you will have if you run the full berserker + scholar/divinity runes) , Strength, Fire, and Air are also alternatives.

Edited by LFk, 19 December 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#4 Darothm

Darothm

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

30/30/0/10/0 - Fire VI VII XII, Air III VI VIII, Water VI
Healing: Glyph of Elemental Harmony
Utilities: Glyph of Storms/Mist Form/I usually switch between Frostbow, Arcane Shield, or the Fire Signet
Gear: Full Berserkers with 6/6 Scholars and Fire Sigil'd Staff
Sit in Fire and spam 2/3 off cooldown while autoattacking, only switching to other attunements when a Mobs/Boss needs to be CC'd.
You should only be getting downed by agony attacks since staff is so safe. I've gotten up to Fractal 40 so far with this build.

#5 DarkOrange

DarkOrange

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HERO]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostDarothm, on 19 December 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

30/30/0/10/0 - Fire VI VII XII, Air III VI VIII, Water VI
Healing: Glyph of Elemental Harmony
Utilities: Glyph of Storms/Mist Form/I usually switch between Frostbow, Arcane Shield, or the Fire Signet
Gear: Full Berserkers with 6/6 Scholars and Fire Sigil'd Staff
Sit in Fire and spam 2/3 off cooldown while autoattacking, only switching to other attunements when a Mobs/Boss needs to be CC'd.
You should only be getting downed by agony attacks since staff is so safe. I've gotten up to Fractal 40 so far with this build.

no offense but this sounds so dull :P haha. To each his own though :)

I've been playing a D/D Support Auramancer in Fractals. Done 1-14 so far and it's working nicely. I'm currently using the P/V/T set from AC with 2 monk, 2 water and 2 earth runes, combined with knights trinkets for extra toughness and precision.

My Daggers, (also P/V/T from AC, though I am thinking of changing them to beserkers), have sigils of bloodlust and battle in them. The Battle sigil is particularly useful as I''m switching attunements every 10 seconds or so, and combined with the + boon duration from my runes the might lasts for a long time. (I can often maintain 15-18 stacks in a big fight.)

My traits are 20/10/10/30. In fire I take Spell Slinger and Fire's Embrace, in air I take Zephyr's Boon, in earth I take Elemental shielding, and in water I take Aquamancer's Alacrity, Soothing Disruptions and Powerful Aura.
(Note: If your aren't taking signets you can drop 10 points out of fire and add them to arcana for extra boons for your party)

For healing I take the glyph of harmony, (I did try with the signet, but it is just a bit too weak IMO), and in the utility slots I take Signet of Air (to trigger flame shield, and the running speed and AoE blind are very nice), Armor of Earth/Mist Form and Cleansing Fire (my 2 'OSHIT' skills).

I also carry a staff with a sigil of energy for when a more defensive style of play is needed.

When using daggers I have 2921 Attack (3171 with 25 stacks of Bloodlust, and even more with the extra might from the sigil of battle), 2724 Armor, which keeps me in the fight for a long time and 27% Crit chance, (which is increased to 47% with fury).

This build's strength comes from being able to deal decent damage whilst keeping pretty much constant swiftness, fury and protection on your party, (as well as throwing out some healing and CC too). I did toy with the idea of having clerics trinkets to boost my healing when in water, but I found healing power scales quite poorly, so whilst I did heal more effectively, it wasn't enough of a difference to justify kittening my crit chances and some of my survivability.

I find this style of play very satisfying, as it keeps you thinking about what you need to next, rather than just cycling through skills or spamming 2 or 3 of them. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is worth it :)

#6 crazy13603

crazy13603

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

thanks for all the posts guys. i'm really looking forward to trying out the builds you guys mentioned as soon the holiday havoc is over. I think I might try out Fahrar Cub build  as well as the one posted by theZac since i alredy have the armor sets for those. your help is greatly appreciated.

#7 Vanillea

Vanillea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EDGE]

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

At least 20 into waters and 1 cantrip. The rest is just your personal preference. I change my utilities every so often depends on the fights. However, I would say Armor of Earth is really important if you want to land your big skills. There are many knocks and dazes and sometimes the cost of  being knock down is just too high xD Mist Form is good too but it is for different situations. Ele is pretty good in Fractal because we have answers for most situations

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fotm, fractals, elementalist, build, guide, guides, ele

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users