11 replies to this topic

#1 Yamenai

Yamenai

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hey guys, Blackstar here.

Today I have released a new build that is centered around the new buff to Human Growth Hormone in the alchemy tree. The build features incredibly high condition damage along with towering defenses making you an unstoppable force in tpvp if played correctly.

If you are interested, check the build out here!

please forgive the screen resolution, that will be fixed in future videos

#2 Wanna Go To heaven

Wanna Go To heaven

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Just tried it,
decent damage
0 survivability.
I melt down way to fast, and a 5k heal isn't gonna help much tbh

#3 Ragnadaam

Ragnadaam

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WoTU]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I've been using something similar for the past 2 days now, and I have to say it is amazing and I've finally settled on this as my build:

http://gw2skills.net...EkIIbOugkBNo4QA

The damage is great, it's durable, has good condi removal and good utility. I regularly kill 2 people at once, by myself, and can hang with three people for a good while and make myself a nuisance (this is in spvp). It's also quite good at running away when shit hits the fan. The only change I might make would be from Sigil of Air to Sigil of Strength, but I dunno. (re-breather has second rune of strength for 40% might duration)

Edited by Ragnadaam, 16 December 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#4 Wanna Go To heaven

Wanna Go To heaven

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostRagnadaam, on 16 December 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

I've been using something similar for the past 2 days now, and I have to say it is amazing and I've finally settled on this as my build:

http://gw2skills.net...EkIIbOugkBNo4QA

The damage is great, it's durable, has good condi removal and good utility. I regularly kill 2 people at once, by myself, and can hang with three people for a good while and make myself a nuisance (this is in spvp). It's also quite good at running away when shit hits the fan. The only change I might make would be from Sigil of Air to Sigil of Strength, but I dunno. (re-breather has second rune of strength for 40% might duration)

Played it for 2 hours now.
I must be terrible (and I am, but thought it wasn't THAT bad), because I'm getting insta gibbed by thieves, and do mediocre damage with 10 might stacks. All you do is auto attack spam since everything is on cd 24/7 :l

#5 Ragnadaam

Ragnadaam

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WoTU]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostWanna Go To heaven, on 16 December 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

I must be terrible (and I am, but thought it wasn't THAT bad), because I'm getting insta gibbed by thieves, and do mediocre damage with 10 might stacks. All you do is auto attack spam since everything is on cd 24/7 :l

Thieves are tough with the Rifle unless you can Overcharged -> Net Shot them, otherwise they sit in your face and chew you up; unless they're really glassy in which case if you survive the initial burst they'll die or run away. The key with this build is to save toss Elixir H and B ONLY for removing things like burning/bleed/confuse etc, don't even worry about their buff effects, think of them only as condi removal (and turn on auto AoE use so that you get no targeting circle and the things just go off wherever your cursor is when you press the hotkey). Also you want to heal early, say when only 1/4th of your life is gone, heal, and heal every time it is off CD, since this build has so much HP you have to heal at a time that looks like it would be too early. Damage wise it is all about allowing the might stacks to accrue naturally from the various elixirs, and then timing things with Elixir B such as Net -> Blunderbuss -> Jump Shot -> Overcharged, and then auto attack while waiting. Also obviously, try to time burst windows with Elixr U, and don't be afraid to use it often, as even if you get unlucky and get the 50% damage increased buff from Frenzy, 27k hp lets you manage. Lastly, using Elixir S/ toss Elixir S to get out of hairy situations like avoiding 100 Blades, and also bridging the last 3 seconds to your heal CD and ensuring stomps/revivals is important. And toss Elixir U is great, because many people do not expect projectile reflection from an Engineer, and I love to toss Elixir U and then Net Shot people and watch them either waste a ton of cooldowns shooting into a smoke screen, or owning themselves on the reflective wall.

#6 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3973 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Would think that pistol has better potential with might, since it buffs both condi and direct damage, and the pistol does OK amounts of both of those. Albeit you'd be trading off might vs condi duration runes.

#7 JohnnyBlackpowder

JohnnyBlackpowder

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VR]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Not a bad start for an HGH build, but it does seem a little lackluster in the defense/condition removal department.

Here's the HGH spec that I'm currently running with:
http://en.gw2skills....EkIIbOugkBNo4QA

With this build, I take advantage of the absurd amount of might gained from using HGH in a build with three elixirs, and the FT's auto attack combined with the Sigil of Strength on my rifle (props to Anet for finally giving us sigils for our kits). The main concept behind this build is to rack up the might stacks with the FT, and to then switch to the rifle to unload a very heavily amplified burst approximately every 15 seconds. Thanks to Cleaning Formula 409, Perma Vigor/Swiftness, and Elixir S this build is able to deal with a good deal of pressure, whether it be conditions or direct damage.

As far as runes go, they on maintaining very high might stacks, but also shows some love to the other boons from Elixir S, Elixir H and Elixir B.

I hope this post helps!

-Blackpowder

Edited by JohnnyBlackpowder, 24 December 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#8 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3973 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

One real irritating thing, HGH only applies two might stacks on elixir utilities. I.E. elixir toolbelts still only give 1 stack of might.

#9 Quasi

Quasi

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostFoxBat, on 22 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

One real irritating thing, HGH only applies two might stacks on elixir utilities. I.E. elixir toolbelts still only give 1 stack of might.
That was intentional. I thought it was a bug too until I went back and read the patch notes again. It specifies consumed elixirs give 2 stacks of might

#10 redslion

redslion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

View PostJohnnyBlackpowder, on 18 December 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Not a bad start for an HGH build, but it does seem a little lackluster in the defense/condition removal department.

Here's the HGH spec that I'm currently running with:
http://en.gw2skills....EkIIbOugkBNo4QA

With this build, I take advantage of the absurd amount of might gained from using HGH in a build with three elixirs, and the FT's auto attack combined with the Sigil of Strength on my rifle (props to Anet for finally giving us sigils for our kits). The main concept behind this build is to rack up the might stacks with the FT, and to then switch to the rifle to unload a very heavily amplified burst approximately every 15 seconds. Thanks to Cleaning Formula 409, Perma Vigor/Swiftness, and Elixir S this build is able to deal with a good deal of pressure, whether it be conditions or direct damage.

As far as runes go, they on maintaining very high might stacks, but also shows some love to the other boons from Elixir S, Elixir H and Elixir B.

I hope this post helps!

-Blackpowder

I have just one doubt with your build... where is the flamethrower?XD

#11 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostWanna Go To heaven, on 16 December 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Don't feel bad. Everyone gets insta-gibbed by thieves, regardless of profession.

#12 redslion

redslion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Not if you have Protection procs. And some toughness and/or some vitality. Then you will /lol at thieves pathetically trying to kill you. And murder them with bomb kit.

Unless they are condition based, but that's another story.XD

Protection Injection and Protective Shield are just the perfect anti-burst, if you are even a bit tanky: you just become as resilient as a bunker exactly while they try to burst you down. If you have soldier's amulet, for instance, warrior with hundred blades will deal 4-5k ish damage. I just soak it up and smash the warrior.XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users