• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrToastRecon

MrToastRecon

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hello, I'm planning to build my own budget rig to play Guild Wars 2 and several other similar games, I pre-purchased the game got it all installed and I was running the game at around 5-7 fps on my 'amazing' Pentium 4 so I have been desperately waiting for Christmas. Here are the specs of my planned build;

AMD Athlon Phenom II X4 965 BE (hoping to get a stable clock at around 4ghz)
nVidia Geforce 550TI
8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM clocked to 1600Mhz
500GB Hard Drive

Edit : I'm going to be running the game at 1280x1024

I was hoping to run the game on at least Medium settings at 30fps+ and I just wanted someones evaluation on the estimated FPS and what settings I should run it on.

Many Thanks,

Edited by MrToastRecon, 16 December 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#2 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

See this thread:
http://www.guildwars...-can-i-run-gw2/

#3 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3321 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

In PvE the 550 Ti should easily give you 30+ fps at 1280x1024. You might find your fps dropping during WvW or large events because of the CPU. (Of course, that's true with most CPUs :) )

#4 Krimsin

Krimsin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

The thing some people don't realize is that GW2 is largely a CPU game, GPU is also needed, yes... however, if your CPU can't keep up in ensuring that everything is running smoothly, its gonna lag a bit.  I personally have a Crosshair IV Formula MoBo which allows me to unlock my cores.

CPU's run individual cores until one is used and then it starts on the second, then third and so on, my MoBo "unlocks" the CPU so that they all run simultaneously.  no delay in CPU, yet even I am having trouble running the game.

I also have a thread in Tech Support and am getting some GREAT info on what some problems can be, i hope you also get what your after!

GW2 is an amazing game and I just wanna play it as i did GW1... and if all goes well this christmas, i'll be able to .

Have a Merry Christmas! Hope your comp issues get resolved fast!

#5 Baldur The Bold

Baldur The Bold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ARM]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

You should be able to PVE fairly well. I would wait until boxing day to see what deals there are. You might be able to get an upgrade on that CPU and maybe even GPU :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users