• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OdinWalhalla

OdinWalhalla

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Nowadays it is has become really really frustrating, how more and more people are using forums like their personal blog.

Forums used to be for discussions about IMPORTANT topics, so threads like "so...., I thought, would that be a good idea?" are not important all they are good for is spamming a forum.

Also the search button does exist  for a reason, how about using it before creating the .......thread  with the same topic?

#2 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3305 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

http://www.guildwars...tion=boardrules

Might I suggest you use the search button instead of making a blog post next time?

#3 Evans

Evans

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Is this irony or hipocrisy?
Hmmm...

#4 Redhawk2007

Redhawk2007

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostOdinWalhalla, on 17 December 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Nowadays it is has become really really frustrating, how more and more people are using forums like their personal blog.

Forums used to be for discussions about IMPORTANT topics, so threads like "so...., I thought, would that be a good idea?" are not important all they are good for is spamming a forum.

Also the search button does exist  for a reason, how about using it before creating the .......thread  with the same topic?

Stop playing hall monitor and repeating comments made by the moderators like "this isn't your personal blog" or "use the search function." We don't need you to parrot their comments. It's the job of the moderators to police this forum, not you.

The "personal blog" meme is getting tiresome, particularly coming from the people using this space as a "personal blog" to complain about it.

#5 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

You mean...this isn't twitter?.....damn :P

Edited by Eon Lilu, 17 December 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#6 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Wow, a useless thread complaining about useless threads... I guess irony isn't part of your vocabulary or you seriously lack foresight.

#7 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3838 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

The posts above cover the various reasons this is being closed.

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users