#2221 Robsy128

Robsy128

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2920 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

You can move tracks with pistons - you can't move blocks with tracks on them. They just pop off. I don't know whether they've changed this in the latest update (which I just downloaded :D), but yeah... it works as I said to a certain extent. The waterfall just washes the tracking away before the pistons retract :(

#2222 Milennin

Milennin

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3670 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TB]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Hmm, if you can push minetracks, you could try making this, but it would be pretty complicated:

The water from the waterfall doesn't spread if you let it fall into a hole. So if you have a piston to take away the floor block for the waterfall it'll fall into the hole and not wash away your minetracks.
So what you need to do when you want to open the gate to the secret area is to first shut off the water. That takes a few seconds, so the floor block should be pushed into position after the water is gone.After that you have your hidden minetrack pushed onto the floorblock.
For closing the secret area again, you will first have to push back the hidden minetrack, then open the waterflow and push away the floor block again.

#2223 Edge

Edge

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CORP]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostRobsy128, on 25 October 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Haha! I need to learn how to build a monster trap as well as a boativator.
Also, is anyone here a master of redstone?
Don't you remember the skeleton trap I made on the last server ;P ?

#2224 Robsy128

Robsy128

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2920 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Close, Milennin. That description is quite close to what I already have :P

Currently, the minecart activates the pressure plate and then stops on the unpowered golden rail, as seen here:
Rail
Uploaded 25 Oct 2012 - 21:48

The redstone mechanism you can see on the right hand side of the image is a delay (otherwise the waterfall would have stopped and then started again immediately, therefore being in the way when the tracking pistons activated). This can be seen here:
Delay
Uploaded 25 Oct 2012 - 21:47

Because of this delay, the waterfall pistons hold their position whilst the tracking pistons push the tracking out.
Waterfall Pistons
Uploaded 25 Oct 2012 - 21:49

The sticky pistons then move the tracking across by one square, therefore allowing the player to pull the lever to activate the golden rail and carry on the journey.

Rail Pistons
Uploaded 25 Oct 2012 - 21:47
Hopefully that makes a little more sense with pictures. Obviously the design is awful at the moment as I'm just trying to figure the redstone stuff out. The main problem is that the waterfall starts again before the sticky pistons holding the rail have time to retract.

Someone on the Minecraft forums suggested an ABBA redstone switch. This basically makes the A item (waterfall) stop first, then the B item (the rail pistons) activate, then it reverses so that the rails activate again, thus pulling the rail back and then the waterfall starts again. It sounds like the perfect solution, but I'm unsure where to implement it in my current redstone system.
Would it be after the delay mechanism, before the wires split into the waterfall circuit and the piston circuit? I'm confusing myself just by asking this haha. Hence I need an expert on redstone :P

Also, yes! I forgot about that Edge. I may have to sneak onto the old Guru server and see how you managed that feat of engineering ;)
I tried making a boat elevator today as well for my mine but that didn't work, either :/

#2225 Robsy128

Robsy128

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2920 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hey guys - just a quick update.

I recently made my private server a public server. It's completely vanilla (aside from 2 anti-griefing tools) and is white-listed. Since I've played with some guru members before, I thought I would extend the invitation to people on Guru as it was great playing with them before and it'd be nice to see some more friendly faces around. I would post the Minecraft forum link to show you more information, but it's down at the moment so you can always PM me :)

Edit: Finally got it working - here's the link for more information!

http://www.minecraft...lla-white-list/

Edited by Robsy128, 08 December 2012 - 02:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users