13 replies to this topic

#1 Mekkakat

Mekkakat

Vanguard Scout

• Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

So I've been playing with this little build, trying to find uses for two never-used traits: Spiked Armor and Distracting Strikes.

http://en.gw2skills....yxmjLHZOLEGIMFB

The idea/build is kinda simple.. You have absurdly high power and toughness, while applying coats of Confusion to your target. The second they hit you with a critical - you're now dealing heaps of damage, just from their attacking you. Against Thieves, SB/QZ Rangers and condition stackers, you burn their HP to zip in seconds. On top of this, you have an arsenal of utility and CC skills to topple anything. It lacks an IMS, but I've yet to have a problem with it thanks to Bull's, KD, Stuns, and so on.

Thoughts? Input?

- I want that purple stuff.

#2 nicktjc

nicktjc

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

this looks really unique, gonna try it out for a bit

#3 Jikuim

Jikuim

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

I -really- wanted to make a Warrior like this for sPvP. My build is almost identical. The massive amounts of CC's coupled with the high toughness makes me close to unkillable in 1v1s. The problem is, I don't see the "health to zip" part that you're talking about.

I use Rifle as my side arm for that reason. I needed some kind of damage to hurt people I can safely attack. And when people ARE wailing on me, when I was playing hammer/mace/shield, I didn't see the same results.

Do you mainly use mace/shield? I was trying to do that, but again, not seeing the HP melting. I love the utility and survivability though. I just wish the retaltion/confusion from those buffs were much better. Buff plz.

#4 Mekkakat

Mekkakat

Vanguard Scout

• Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostJikuim, on 18 December 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

I -really- wanted to make a Warrior like this for sPvP. My build is almost identical. The massive amounts of CC's coupled with the high toughness makes me close to unkillable in 1v1s. The problem is, I don't see the "health to zip" part that you're talking about.

I use Rifle as my side arm for that reason. I needed some kind of damage to hurt people I can safely attack. And when people ARE wailing on me, when I was playing hammer/mace/shield, I didn't see the same results.

Do you mainly use mace/shield? I was trying to do that, but again, not seeing the HP melting. I love the utility and survivability though. I just wish the retaltion/confusion from those buffs were much better. Buff plz.

yeah, I'm mostly on the Mace/Shield set until I enter a group fight. Just apply your weakness and start pounding with your attacks. My goal is to always bash someone first to get some confusion up, then Counter and so on.

- I want that purple stuff.

#5 Harrier

Harrier

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Yarr]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well, for one you don't have accessories in PvP, so that's 3,2k attack, not 3,7k. Pretty average.

#6 NCLTDS

NCLTDS

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have a sniper set and want to build a tanky set so this might be a decent way to go.

#7 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

you should get rid of the jewels on the earrings and rings, it's misleading

#8 Ovi Bell

Ovi Bell

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ENat]

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Last time I checked a taugrim video you can make accessories in the mystic forge couldnt you? He always had full accessories on in sPvP

#9 cruzydub

cruzydub

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Did you consider that due to confusion scaling with condition dmg not with power it will not do tons of dmg

#10 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Pain Inverter I was expeting an Asura killing people with Confusion!

#11 KoRnStyleZ

KoRnStyleZ

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

What's the gear you use, traits eetc?

#12 Xsorus

Xsorus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

View Postjeddahwe, on 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Pain Inverter I was expeting an Asura killing people with Confusion!

Wrong forum silly

#13 Venereus

Venereus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YAKS]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

I tried Distracting Strikes but found that most of the Warrior interrupts disable for too long, so the enemy doesn't have much time to attack with Confusion on, even after stacking condition duration. I think the Confusion is mostly meant as an extra deterrent against really aware players. It's a defensive trait, not an offensive one.

Edited by Venereus, 24 January 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#14 Mjölner

Mjölner

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hm, it's an interesting build, definately. However, all that investment in Power is counter-productive to Distracting Strikes (as Confusion gains damage from Condition Damage). It is beneficial to Spiked Armour though, as Retalliation derives damage from Power (and ignores enemy armour, so yay), but I don't know if the focus should be on making use of Strikes or Armour...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users