• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GUN4HIRE

GUN4HIRE

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hello, I have a quick question if any one could help me it would be much appreciated.

I believe my system is capable of running GW2.

It has Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3.00 GHz, E8400, 4GB of Ram and 64 bit OS running on windows 7.
If anybody knows if I am correct and my system can run it please confirm.

Also, my main question is, on another note, I run this programme http://www.systemreq...ntslab.com/cyri
and it says my system and graphic card are capable, however my card is slightly old, ATI Radeon HD 3450, as I mentioned I ran the test from the web page linked above and it said I could run the game, could somebody please confirm that I am able to run it and how playable will it be, this is more or less the question I need answering. WILL IT BE PLAYABLE?

I plan on getting a new Graphics Card (Sapphire 7750) but it won't be until next year but my Girlfriend is hinting at it being here for Christmas.

I must say thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

Edited by GUN4HIRE, 18 December 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#2 typographie

typographie

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2010 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

You're a bit on the low-end, but you certainly meet the minimum requirements. Your processor is the most problematic thing, its cutting it very close to minimum. WvW and really crowded combat areas really choke performance to some degree for everyone, so don't expect miracles there. But yes, it should be playable, provided your expectations are realistic.

I believe you said in the other thread that you needed a new power supply; what is your current one like? The HD 7750 has the advantage of having extremely low power demands—most models don't even need a PCI-E power cable. You may be in better shape than you realize.

#3 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ION]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Once you add that HD 7750 you should be able to play on some combination of Medium towards High settings depending on what your resolution is.  That would be for PvE and PvP - WvW will choke any dual core Processor. :(

#4 Tellia

Tellia

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

i ran the game on low settings on a similar pc during the betas. infact your cpu is slightly better than the one i had, it was a core 2 duo but only 2.8ghz. the game is very cpu bound in most situations so if i could run it yours should be able to no prob. i didnt have a card as good as the 7750 either. im guessing you could be looking at low/medium depending on where you are going. definitely keep things on low if you are going to wvw.

the resolution of your monitor will play into performance, too. higher resolution means lower performance. so i hope you dont have some awesome high res monitor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users