6 replies to this topic

#1 jasott

jasott

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Been using this build since I hit level 80 a few weeks back (about a week before the Lost Shores), and with the latest build, Grenade kit #1 aside, I do seem to be putting out a bit less damage without might, thus I end up using juggernaut for the might stacking mostly.

http://www.guildhead...khG7070c7kIt70V

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for my build to maximize solo damage, while not necessarily going into all out power. Using power, precision, crit pistols, and Vatlaaw armor, and Rampager Mithril accessories.

Edited by jasott, 19 December 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#2 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Well I'm not a fan of using two kits at once, I tend to believe that you don't get full use of your skills if you have more than one kit equipped. I prefer slotting a life saving skill instead, like rocket boots or elixir s instead.

But if your idea is pure damage with no survival at all, I'd suggest putting in either mine or rocket boots.

If you want to keep two kits, instead of taking flamethrower/grenades,  take either bomb kit and flamethrower (both close range and can deploy a nice array of conditions) or grenades and bomb kit (tool belt skills are amazing and conditions are all varied).

I personally never mix grenades and flamethrower for 2 reasons:

1: two different ranges. One might argue that it gives flexibility, I argue that you're less effective in both ranges.

2: grenades tend to focus more on conditions (doubly so since the 30% damage reduction of first attack) and flamethrower more on direct damage. Burning is a nice condition, but the damage output fire.can do condition specced doesn't beat a grenade condition build. But flamethrower does beat in raw power over grenades (especially with juggernaut and the trait converting a % of toughness to power).

That's my opinion on it, hope you find it useful.

I'd like to point out that I don't do fractals much, I'm only at level 6, so my approach may not go well for top range levels.

#3 Ruzirekta

Ruzirekta

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Nova]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Agree with last poster. Would use either FT or grenades not both. With FT I would go heavy into power and with grenade into cond damage. Two kits doesn't make sense unless one of them ain't elixir gun (which is an awesome kit that makes conditions to a non-issue).

- I would also change rifled barrels (firearms IV). Since your kit and not the pistols is your main damage source, so increasing pistol range is fairly pointless.
Would replaceit with precise sights (firearms V) which stacks up vulnerability really fast and works really well with both FT & grenades.

-For pure dps I would replace the kit you choose not to use wit elixir U  which is massive dps increase.

The build will lack condition removal though, which I believe will get you killed quite a lot, and dead = 0 dps, so I would suggest elixir gun even if it won't do miracles with your dps, which was what u asked for.

#4 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Elixir u goes well with elixir b, doubly so if you take the condition removal on consume or toss (alchemy) so it gives both damage boost and condition removal.

The way I see it, and it seems what the previous poster seems to see it, a kit defines your role and method, while elixirs and gadgets enhance that method and role.

I used to take elixir u with b myself, and depended on alchemy trait "drink elixir s on 25% health* for defense, but with time I either take b or u with elixir s and chose the trait to remove conditions on elixir toss or consume.

Again, glass canon rarely goes well in GW2, because you may damage a lot, but you'll die quick too, reducing your damage to 0.

#5 Isti

Isti

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LotD]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

One thing you can do if you're in a big group (this isn't an amazing solo build) is spec full demolitions - grenades, bombs (w/elixir infused bombs), and throw mine. You get 3-4 different combo fields (depending on heal skill) plus a half dozen blast finishers to proc them.  I've had decent success with the build in WvW.

#6 coglin

coglin

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1402 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MoG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostCoren, on 21 December 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Again, glass canon rarely goes well in GW2, because you may damage a lot, but you'll die quick too, reducing your damage to 0.
Can't say that is true. By all means, I am no particular fan of glass cannon builds at all. But we have entirely too many ways to  fully negate damage, such as blocks, dodges, invulnerability (elixir s), and heavy endurance regeneration.

I ran glass cannon build before, just playing around, and with dodges and high endurance regeneration, elixir S trait, and cloaking device, I found it had plenty of survivability, and with nothing more then the elixir gun, also had group support.

#7 Achrisos

Achrisos

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I actually created an almost identical build for mostly pve/wvw which i dubbed The Juggernaut Bitch but i have couple small changes: instead of final 10 points into tools i went into alchemy for the extra health as well as elixer cooldown reducing trait (since ur using 2 elixers but i have been trying out med kit over elixer lately). Also in the precision tree i didnt pick the 20% burn trait because realistically an extra 1 sec of burn doesn't appeal to me so i picked the trait to reduce cooldowns of flamethrower skills since the flamethrower #2 skills if timed right can provide a huge spike of damage, especially since i use sigil of air on one of the pistols and that triggers for about 1k damage so if it triggers on flamethrower #2 then u can hit for about 3-4k damage, drop a grenade barage after that and basically you can hit for like 8-10 dam in few secs. Finally i use supply crate for elite.

http://en.gw2codex.c...uggernaut-bitch

Edited by Achrisos, 25 December 2012 - 05:26 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flamethrower, might, grenades, pistols, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users