2 replies to this topic

#1 jthamind

jthamind

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

lately in sPvP, i've had a problem with my game crashing after a while. first off, let me say that i put in about 700 hours before ever playing a single PvP match, and since this has started happening, it's only in sPvP matches, not anywhere else in the game.

i'll be playing some matches, and all of a sudden my audio cuts off except for this droning noise. i really don't know how to describe the noise, but i can still control my character for about another 10 seconds while the noise drones on. and then the game will crash. i have no idea what's causing this. i haven't changed anything on my computer, i haven't changed any GW2 settings....nothing at all is different. it's just doing this after i play matches for a while.

after the first time it did this and crashed, i started exiting the game before it would crash (it's probably done this 4-5 times total now). exiting the game prevents the crash, but then i have to DL something whenever i start the launcher. idk if the game is fixing itself or what, but the DL usually takes about 10 seconds.

any idea what this could be?

#2 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Something along the lines with http://www.guildwars...-event-problem/ this?

From the same thread:

View PostLord Sojar, on 14 December 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

It's the client folks.  Tested across thousands of computers, the official forums have a thread about 1,500 miles long regarding this well known bug.  It's the client, you can't fix it without a total client restart.   Happens when there are too many audio sources triggering at the same time.

View Postasbasb, on 14 December 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

When I was still playing I used to get this error too. Lowering the audio quality to one notch below maximum solved the problem for me without resulting in any discernible loss of quality.

Edited by Mr.Kotte, 20 December 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#3 jthamind

jthamind

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

that's exactly what my problem is. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users