4 replies to this topic

#1 silleke

silleke

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Hi guys,

Recently, i've had this dropped "Recipe: Claw of the Howling King" on my main character

Since my main already had 2x lvl400 crafting professions, i decided to make an alt where i could level jeweler. The thing is, to unlock the recipe, your char has to be lvl 80.

At the moment i don't have enough time to level my alt. So now my question is the following: if i unlock the recipe on my main char with tailor and artificer, will i be able to use it on my alt with jeweler 400 or is this simply impossible and would i have to learn jeweler on my main aswell then?

I tried to explain the situation best i could and i hope you guys understand it. If you need more info or anything, feel free to ask.

thanks in advance!

#2 BrettM

BrettM

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Are you sure your character has to be level 80? I've never seen a recipe that could not be crafted by any character that had the correct crafting level, regardless of character level. You might need to be level 80 to actually equip what you've made with a recipe, but you can always craft it if your crafting level is high enough. You can even learn recipes from purchased or dropped recipe sheets before you can actually make them.

#3 silleke

silleke

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yeah if i try to unlock it, i'm getting following error: You've already learned this recipe.

Thing is, i haven't learned it already and the text showing, when hovering over the recipe, about the required level 80 is in red.

#4 Aiya

Aiya

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

If you learn the recipe on your main, only your main will be able to craft it. They are character bound, not account bound so make sure to use it on the character that you want to craft whatever it is.

This is one of the new dungeon recipes that can drop and yes, they do list the requirement that you have to be level 80 before you can use them. I have the same problem on my Ele Jeweler because she is currently sitting at lvl 31. I am just saving it until I get around to leveling her.

#5 silleke

silleke

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostAiya, on 20 December 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

If you learn the recipe on your main, only your main will be able to craft it. They are character bound, not account bound so make sure to use it on the character that you want to craft whatever it is.

This is one of the new dungeon recipes that can drop and yes, they do list the requirement that you have to be level 80 before you can use them. I have the same problem on my Ele Jeweler because she is currently sitting at lvl 31. I am just saving it until I get around to leveling her.

Oke thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users