• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hegemon90

Hegemon90

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

So, first of all, i should say, I can speak English, but not so good, because I'm from Czech Rupublic.

And my problem: I've got a notebook form ASUS - Republic of Gamres. It's very good notebook and i ran Guild Wars 2 on biggest details on 60 - 80 FPS. But few days ago,  I ran it again and suddenly 10 - 15 FPS on smallest details? I tried to find any same problem but it seems i'm one of few people, who have this Issue.

Again, sorry my English and i Please: Can anyone help?

#2 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Which notebook exactly? Can you give us its specifications, especially the ones relating to which Graphics Chip it uses?

#3 Ajanil

Ajanil

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm not experienced with computers but I had this problem before on a regular PC.
For me the problem was caused by the latest drivers of my graphic card which were still not supported by the game.
A rollback to the previous drivers fixed it for me.

#4 lioka qiao

lioka qiao

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[BP]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

I know this may sound silly but make sure the laptop runs on AC for games.  I have one of those laptops too and when it's on battery it cuts the graphics card power in half, meaning half the performance in games like Guildwars.  If it is plugged in check your power management settings and max them all out.

Finally if that doesn't work then there is a possibility that the heat sink came detached from the gfx card and/or main processor.  At that point either you'll need to get it serviced or reapply the heatsink compound yourself.  Note that doing it yourself would void any warranty.  Also most laptops are a pain to take apart to get to the heat sink.

#5 Hegemon90

Hegemon90

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostAjanil, on 20 December 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I'm not experienced with computers but I had this problem before on a regular PC.
For me the problem was caused by the latest drivers of my graphic card which were still not supported by the game.
A rollback to the previous drivers fixed it for me.

@Ajanil: And are those actualisations in actualisations for Windows 7?

@Mr.Kotte: http://www.asus.cz/N...#specifications
Intel® Core™ i5 3230M /3210M
Windows 7 Professional
Intel® HM77 Chipset
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M s 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

@lioka qiao: Okay, it helps! Thank you very much. By the way, my problem was: I've got about 5 batery schemes from which is one: Quiet Office and one High perfomrace. I had selcted quiet office. I switched on high perfomrace and... Playin g on 50 FPS on best apearence! Thank you and others too! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users