Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * - - - 9 votes

Senseless Boring


  • Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 DegX

DegX

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

I DON' KNOW WHAT TO DO IN GUILD WARS 2.

Ok, I play GW2 until from first beta but last 3 months don't play because I don't know what to do in this game.
I have full character, all quest, legendary items and all others and I don't know what to do more in this game.

Every time when I want to start a new character I delete character after 5 minutes.
What can I do in GW2, I play WvW more but now after ShortBow update at Ranger is not funny, and to make again a complete character , to make again the quests is really boring.

So, if someone have some ideas what can make in GW2 to have some hours of fun in this game....

#2 Dintra

Dintra

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I was in a similar situation, though i didnt have full gear or legendaries, i was bored sensless just like you. Only viable idea for me was to stop playing.....so i did

#3 Shamadamun

Shamadamun

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1353 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VV]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I think GW2 just needs a few more sandboxy features...

#4 lmaonade

lmaonade

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Location:That one place with the thing
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

make a character of a different race? The areas are different so it'd be more interesting than just creating characters of the same race over and over again.

and in all honesty, if you feel like everything is boring, then you've probably forgotten how to have fun in a game like GW2, the strong point of this game is in it's environment, world, and interaction. If you just grind through heart quests and move through zones without stopping to pay attention to the finer details, you aren't getting the full and rich experience the game has to offer.

and if you aren't interested in that sort of thing, then it's probably time to take a break and play some other games.

Edited by lmaonade, 21 December 2012 - 10:00 AM.


#5 Biochem

Biochem

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Yea I think you're done man. You beat the game.... its over, move on. I don't understand why people assume mmo's will keep you entertained for eternity because they don't.

#6 turbo234

turbo234

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1039 posts
  • Location:Oak Creek, WI
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Play with friends. That's the only reason I still find myself entertained. Even the most boring content is fun then

#7 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3316 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostBiochem, on 21 December 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Yea I think you're done man. You beat the game.... its over, move on. I don't understand why people assume mmo's will keep you entertained for eternity because they don't.

If the game isn't meant to be played for an eternity, why make it an MMO then? Why not make it into an instanced game, with the option of co-operative online play - something in the lines of GW1 or D3?


On-topic:
Steam sale! ^^

#8 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Whilst I appreciate that the OP might not have any content he wishes to do; I fail to see how he can complain about being bored after rushing through content. If he got 100% map completion, complete story line, full achievement, legendary weapons in a month, then no wonder he's bored...

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#9 Swarfega

Swarfega

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostDegX, on 21 December 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

So, if someone have some ideas what can make in GW2 to have some hours of fun in this game....

Well, after 5 minutes try to not delete the character your playing?

Also, show me your "legendary weapons" please.

#10 Biochem

Biochem

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

View PostProtoss, on 21 December 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

If the game isn't meant to be played for an eternity, why make it an MMO then? Why not make it into an instanced game, with the option of co-operative online play - something in the lines of GW1 or D3?


Because it's still fun to play in large world with people coming and going, the game will always have old players leaving and new players beginning but for the individual gamer the game doesnt have to last forever. As I'm sure you know mmo just means its massively multiplayer and online but doesnt mean that you have to play it forever. Eventually you will run out of things to do like the OP who has done all the content and gotten all the gear he wants. When that happens you are done and should probably find one of the other million of things you can do in this world and do that instead. There's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Biochem, 21 December 2012 - 10:34 AM.


#11 Chillius

Chillius

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Den Haag, NL
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

View Postturbo234, on 21 December 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

Play with friends. That's the only reason I still find myself entertained. Even the most boring content is fun then

Couldn't agree more!
Playing with some friends is what I enjoy most in games and collecting Loot ofc.
I guess I'm a Co-op and Loot whore, haven't played any singleplayer games in a very long time :)

For not getting bored......
I want to get every character to 80 geared in full exotics this will keep me bussy for some time.
Got my Ranger, Elementalist and Mesmer to 80 so far...
this weekend my Guardian will join them.
Next up is the Necro, still at lvl 20, but really enjoying this evil creation thus far....
Can't wait to unleash it's full potential @ lvl 80 :D
Then there are still some dungeon paths left to finish.
Getting to FoTM lvl 20+ is something me and some friends are working on.
Still need to do ~5 jump quests
After all character are lvl 80 i have to decide on which one to get the 100% map completion.
also want to get more into PvP and WvW.....
I really got alot more to do in GW2 then I have the time to do so!
Got a long way to go before I would be as bored with this game like you.

GL finding something interesting to do here in GW2 or in some other game!

#12 Arquenya

Arquenya

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1204 posts
  • Location:Netherlands
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostProtoss, on 21 December 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

If the game isn't meant to be played for an eternity, why make it an MMO then? Why not make it into an instanced game, with the option of co-operative online play - something in the lines of GW1 or D3?
Sometimes I think we should be grateful that game developers don't make their games too much fun .. ^^

View PostChillius, on 21 December 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

Couldn't agree more!
Playing with some friends is what I enjoy most in games
Might as well play Monopoly if the friends part is the big deal :)

#13 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3316 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostBiochem, on 21 December 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

Because it's still fun to play in large world with people coming and going, the game will always have old players leaving and new players beginning but for the individual gamer the game doesnt have to last forever. As I'm sure you know mmo just means its massively multiplayer and online but doesnt mean that you have to play it forever. Eventually you will run out of things to do like the OP who has done all the content and gotten all the gear he wants. When that happens you are done and should probably find one of the other million of things you can do in this world and do that instead. There's nothing wrong with that.

The problem with making an MMO is that you can't take the best single-player experience and then upgrade it to a persistent world. To make an MMO, you need to give up or simply change certain things. The most obvious would be the respawn rate - in GW1, the foes you killed stayed dead. In GW2, the foes will sometimes respawn the moment you kill them. Or, take the necessity of gold sinks - if you have a game that is designed to be quit, then it really doesn't matter how much wealth folks amass.
So, once you have a game that isn't designed to be played forever, why not go with a game-type that better suits this idea? If GW2 will not have a living, persistent world (because folks quit it), then I am really struggling to find the answer as to why did we have to give up so much to have it.

If we are talking about a game that is meant to be quit, then GW1 is miles above GW2. If on the other hand, we talk about a game that is brimming with life, then GW2's persistent world has more potential.

#14 Chillius

Chillius

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Den Haag, NL
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostArquenya, on 21 December 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Might as well play Monopoly if the friends part is the big deal :)

Meh don't really like Monopoly.....
Do like to play Risk, Carcassonne or Axis & Alies though.
Still the problem with these games is that you don't play "with" your friends but "against" them.
So it's more like PvP while I really enjoy the Co-op in games.
I guess this Co-op love goes all the way back to the NES playing "double dragon 2"

#15 Decollete

Decollete

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I can't seem to picture someone grinding hundreds of hours for a legendary and getting bored of starting a characterafter just 5 minutes

Edited by Decollete, 21 December 2012 - 11:10 AM.


#16 Kuruptz2

Kuruptz2

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostDecollete, on 21 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I can't seem to picture someone grinding hundreds of hours for a legendary and getting bored of character creation after just 5 minutes

View PostDecollete, on 21 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I can't seem to picture someone grinding hundreds of hours for a legendary and getting bored of character creation after just 5 minutes

i am trying to picture it also but i keep failing

#17 Biochem

Biochem

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostProtoss, on 21 December 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

The problem with making an MMO is that you can't take the best single-player experience and then upgrade it to a persistent world. To make an MMO, you need to give up or simply change certain things. The most obvious would be the respawn rate - in GW1, the foes you killed stayed dead. In GW2, the foes will sometimes respawn the moment you kill them. Or, take the necessity of gold sinks - if you have a game that is designed to be quit, then it really doesn't matter how much wealth folks amass.
So, once you have a game that isn't designed to be played forever, why not go with a game-type that better suits this idea? If GW2 will not have a living, persistent world (because folks quit it), then I am really struggling to find the answer as to why did we have to give up so much to have it.

If we are talking about a game that is meant to be quit, then GW1 is miles above GW2. If on the other hand, we talk about a game that is brimming with life, then GW2's persistent world has more potential.

Well you have those things like respawning monster so that everyone can have a chance to kill them not just you, its not a case of making the game last forever for only you but for anyone that would happen to come along. I mean I can kind of see what youre trying to say but I think what you're missing in what I'm saying is that, yes, the game itself lasts forever as in the same experience is always going to return but what I'm looking at is the individual player who has killed those monsters and completed the content to the point they no longer feel like doing it and that reaching that point is perfectly fine and probably normal.

#18 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostDecollete, on 21 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I can't seem to picture someone grinding hundreds of hours for a legendary and getting bored of starting a characterafter just 5 minutes

And he even stated he has multiple of them! :P

#19 escada_assassin

escada_assassin

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 170 posts
  • Location:Romania
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

It's all your fault, since you obviously rushed like a madman to get all the "glory" really fast, like there's no tomorrow. Is ANet at fault because you're a kid without a job or any kind of responsability to attend to? Is ANet to blame for your desire or whatever has driven you to play 24/7? People say that ANet never thought that people would create legendary weapons so fast after the game's release. Well, who would think of that? It's a game, not a second job and they even announced it as a casual game, not as a grinding machine game; it's a mean of entertainment, not a mean to hunger yourself, not sleep and play 24/7 to get 1.312.582.952 pixels more than everyone else. I wouldn't have thought that there are so many kids who will play this game without any kind of life, purpose, occupation or whatever else, but play a game 24/7 for an absolute idiotic reason and then complain about the game not being fun anymore. Do yourselves a favor : go work for a grinding chinese company. You could at least get some money out of it, instead of stealing mom's cash.

#20 malevolence

malevolence

    Vanguard Scout

  • Community Contributors
  • 422 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LMBO]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostDegX, on 21 December 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

I DON' KNOW WHAT TO DO IN GUILD WARS 2.

Ok, I play GW2 until from first beta but last 3 months don't play because I don't know what to do in this game.
I have full character, all quest, legendary items and all others and I don't know what to do more in this game.

Every time when I want to start a new character I delete character after 5 minutes.
What can I do in GW2, I play WvW more but now after ShortBow update at Ranger is not funny, and to make again a complete character , to make again the quests is really boring.

So, if someone have some ideas what can make in GW2 to have some hours of fun in this game....

Now is too late, you rushed and played the game in 1 month like there is no tomorrow, is your own fault, any kind of game that you play like this, will become boring after 1 month. You need to play it to enjoy and have fun, not to force your brain and body to play 24/7 for 30 days. Best thing you can do is take a break, play other games, get out with friends, etc. and come back only when there is new content added, play the new content then take a break again and so on.

#21 AsgarZigel

AsgarZigel

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

You played through Guild Wars 2.
congratz
A winner is you! ;)

On a more you serious note, you said yourself that you have experienced all there is in the game, so we can hardly help you with that. The only potentially endless part of the game are the PvP modes, though I don't really play them much, so I can't judge if they actually are. ANet seems to add some kind of content every month, so you can just come back later if you are bored right now.
Of course, every game gets stale at some point if you are playing mostly for entertainment reasons.

#22 blindude

blindude

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1142 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostArquenya, on 21 December 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Might as well play Monopoly if the friends part is the big deal :)
You know this logic is flawed...pls dont make me explain why..

#23 Coren

Coren

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Location:In my lab BOOKAH
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Why do people immediately assume MMOs are supposed to be played all the time? Done the content you wanted? Then move along. It's not like you pay every month for it.

#24 Gorwe

Gorwe

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

I have an idea!

Grab a calculator and a pen and help me in my DPS calculations project.

#25 Archduke

Archduke

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1678 posts
  • Location:Utah
  • Guild Tag:[Doh]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostDintra, on 21 December 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

I was in a similar situation, though i didnt have full gear or legendaries, i was bored sensless just like you. Only viable idea for me was to stop playing.....so i did

Then why are you here may I ask?

I was bored as well at first. I took a break from it. About 2 months, now it's fun again. I just overplayed during the BETA's when it came out.

But hey! Check this thread out. It's so true. I'm doing it right this time and it's so much more enjoyable. I think for a lot of people, there is too much and soo much to do that they just sit there like "crap. So much effort is needed. Where do I even start?...I'm just going to sit here". Makes no sense, but people do it. Others grind the fun away stressing out over making sure they do everything right within this time frame and asap. (lol wut?)

Edited by Archduke, 21 December 2012 - 01:45 PM.


#26 sevalaricgirl

sevalaricgirl

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 181 posts
  • Location:New York
  • Guild Tag:[TBC]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have 6 characters, 3 are Norn women, 1 is a human male and 1 is an Asura female and I love playing this game.  Each has a different class and they all play differently.  Even my level 80 character hasn't done 100% map completion and I've been playing since BWE3.  I just am always entertained by the game and what makes it even better is that I have a guild full of my friends and we are on voice chat and have a blast.

#27 Daesu

Daesu

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

The only thing left that is interesting is voice chat, and that is not even a game feature.  Can't think of anything else either.

View PostArchduke, on 21 December 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Then why are you here may I ask?

For the forum, not against forum rule to post here even if you don't play the game.  I intend to do that too.

Edited by Daesu, 21 December 2012 - 06:36 PM.


#28 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2278 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postlmaonade, on 21 December 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

make a character of a different race? The areas are different so it'd be more interesting than just creating characters of the same race over and over again.

and in all honesty, if you feel like everything is boring, then you've probably forgotten how to have fun in a game like GW2, the strong point of this game is in it's environment, world, and interaction. If you just grind through heart quests and move through zones without stopping to pay attention to the finer details, you aren't getting the full and rich experience the game has to offer.

and if you aren't interested in that sort of thing, then it's probably time to take a break and play some other games.

That'll get you to level 30.

At that point it becomes a homogenized mess.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#29 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostArquenya, on 21 December 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:


Might as well play Monopoly if the friends part is the big deal :)

Yeah but table flipping when you lose, with a computer on the table tends to be a lot more expensive than with a monopoly board :P

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#30 TGIFrisbie

TGIFrisbie

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

People who burn through content at a rapid pace will always find boredom at the end.

This is even worsened by those who skirt the systems in place and do things like buy gold.

It's all about pacing, if you want everything up front and instant, and you get it, only one thing left to do.  Uninstall.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users