• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Been a while since I played my ele...leveling build advice?

leveling elementalist

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eburk

Eburk

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[TUNA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Alrighty so I've recently picked up GW2 again and I'm looking to go from 53-80 and finish off my story quests. I have found upon logging in, however, that I absolutely suck when it comes to staying alive. I'd typically played D/D prior to my hiatus, but now it seems that S/D is all the rage. I was wondering if any of you could provide some tips for leveling at higher levels, especially build advice. I'm not logged in right now, but if I recall I have my points currently split between earth and fire.

Any advice you could offer that would make me die considerably less would be greatly appreciated :)

#2 jthamind

jthamind

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

since your main problem seems to be staying alive, i recommend the build i posted in my first reply to this thread:

http://www.guildwars...o-elementalist/

you'll die much less, if at all, during leveling and questing. it's a pretty easy build to run, not much to it.

#3 Eburk

Eburk

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postjthamind, on 21 December 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

since your main problem seems to be staying alive, i recommend the build i posted in my first reply to this thread:

http://www.guildwars...o-elementalist/

you'll die much less, if at all, during leveling and questing. it's a pretty easy build to run, not much to it.

This has been my exact issue. Thanks so much!

#4 AzureRogue

AzureRogue

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

On the other hand if you enjoy D/D, maybe just give yourself time to get back into it.  Not suggesting that the above build isn't good - but if you enjoyed D/D in the past why not give it some time?  Of course, variety can be nice too.  I just personally dislike the feel of scepter.

#5 Vanillea

Vanillea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EDGE]

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Think of D/D as the weapon for assassination.
  • You should only commit when you know you can kill before you die.
  • Retreat tactically when you need to and come back later. If you feel you cannot take a group of mobs, kite around and take them 1 by 1
  • You just have to know your limit : Sometimes I come in fight with less than 20% hp cause I know I can kill them before I die.
  • Put at least 15 point into water tree helps a lot. Frequently swapping to water when it is off Cd helps you to survive sustain battle.
  • Always keep an escape in case things go bad: Mist Form, Lighting Flash. You can use Burning Speed, Ride the Lighting and Magnetic Grasp defensive to retreat.
  • Trying to get a group/party: It makes lvl easier and more fun

Good luck. Hope I help :P

#6 DarkOrange

DarkOrange

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HERO]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostVanillea, on 21 December 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Think of D/D as the weapon for assassination.
  • You should only commit when you know you can kill before you die.
  • Retreat tactically when you need to and come back later. If you feel you cannot take a group of mobs, kite around and take them 1 by 1
  • You just have to know your limit : Sometimes I come in fight with less than 20% hp cause I know I can kill them before I die.
  • Put at least 15 point into water tree helps a lot. Frequently swapping to water when it is off Cd helps you to survive sustain battle.
  • Always keep an escape in case things go bad: Mist Form, Lighting Flash. You can use Burning Speed, Ride the Lighting and Magnetic Grasp defensive to retreat.
  • Trying to get a group/party: It makes lvl easier and more fun
Good luck. Hope I help :P

^This is very good advice :) D/D with cantrips and a bit of extra toughness is a great fast kill PvE build. Alot of fun too :D

#7 Eburk

Eburk

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

I appreciate all the replies to this! I have been running around with the S/D build from yesterday, but given that respeccing is quite cheap, I'll probably mess around with some more D/D stuff as well. I really like using all the weapons, so it's not much of an issue in regards to not liking the feel of something :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leveling, elementalist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users