Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * - - - 8 votes

T1 Thread: JQ, SBI, SS


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
679 replies to this topic

#661 Killminusnine

Killminusnine

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostVihar, on 04 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

  I'm stating a fact.

   All Tier 1 servers bleed strength over time.

   Your server is asking for T2 server to reach T1. That server will have coverage that will be superior to yours, because they will be enthusiastic and energized. JQ will have coverage that is superior to yours.

   Your coverage will be weaker next week than it is this week.

  That's just a fact.


   This is the way T1 works.

Just rummaging through some olds posts... lots of prognosticating going on last week.  Good stuff.

#662 coronbale

coronbale

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 378 posts
  • Location:Tigard, OR
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 10 January 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I know TSYM will do their very best to stomp this out. We will too. As much as we're enemies on the field, we're allies when it comes to folks hurting the game.
Honestly man, shoot me a tell in game if you start seeing this happen a lot, and ill do what I can to help you narrow down who it is.  Might I also recommend a different path, one that I have used to MANY MANY keep and tower takes.  Situation is as follows:

As soon as you think you have a spy, start feeding intel into /team about the building of golems.  Say things like "How many golems you think we need?" and a guildy reply "lets go a little overboard, 10 should do it".  If the spy feeds that intel to the enemy, they now are on edge for an assault.  Now put out in team chat after 5 min or so "Keep those golems down!  We need to be sneaky if were going to get garrison (or whatever keep the spys own)" Once you put this info, wait 30 seconds, then blitz a point away from garrison.  I have actually watched enemy players port back off cannons when this misinformation has been posted, leaving a gate we are at undefended.

If you have cornered a spy, constantly feed him false data, and his enemy team will start thinking HE Is the spy, intentionally diverting the troops to allow the enemy to capture.

If you do want to root out the leak, let me know.  Odds are we are having a dual boxer feed intel, and while i cannot tell you who your player is, we can plug this side of the leak.  Best of luck!

#663 Cirus

Cirus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostKillminusnine, on 10 January 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Just rummaging through some olds posts... lots of prognosticating going on last week.  Good stuff.

Dear oh dear!

I accept your apology Vihar :P

#664 Stinky Garbage

Stinky Garbage

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostKillminusnine, on 10 January 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Just rummaging through some olds posts... lots of prognosticating going on last week.  Good stuff.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing a giant multi-quote of all the incorrect things said last week... but meh.

Anyway, good game to all servers.  Great playing with you, SBI.  You guys know how much we respect you.  I hope you use the trip to T2 to straighten out your coverage and get back to T1 even stronger.  But don't rest.  Those other two servers have low ratings, so they will leach the crap out of your rating if you let them.

#665 Global_GW2

Global_GW2

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 681 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostStinky Garbage, on 11 January 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

But don't rest.  Those other two servers have low ratings, so they will leach the crap out of your rating if you let them.

Yeah BG went through this when we dropped to T2. The first week we won by 60k and still lost a few rating points. The next week we won by only 20k and lost 40 rating. Then we bounced around for awhile until the last few weeks when our win margins were a lot wider. I think the past couple of weeks had a lot to do with IoJ dropping to T3. Without IoJ's Oceanic coverage keeping BG PPT in check, we've been able to run away with the score during off hours, while holding close to even during NA primetime on average.

At that time, we were 100 rating above SoR, and SBI is projected to be 160 ahead next week, so the score will have an even greater impact on the rating change in their match.

Edited by Global_GW2, 11 January 2013 - 02:07 AM.


#666 wondowondo

wondowondo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Dear JQ :)



#667 Rookie of the year

Rookie of the year

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Good bye my friends, see you soon JQ going miss you guys. :qq: :qq:

Edited by Rookie of the year, 11 January 2013 - 08:14 AM.


#668 Velkeri

Velkeri

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Location:Tokyo-3
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

SBI <\3 I LOVE YOU DONT LEAVE US :(

On a more serious note. It was a ton of fun and we are growing into bitter old rivals of eachother and it is growing to be a pretty tight wvw community of servers that hold t1,and t2. I had a ton of fun and lots of great memories playing with you guys. Have fun playing against TC and SoR (they have some good old JQ guilds there also) and hope to play against you guys again one day . :D

#669 LavaSquid

LavaSquid

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 452 posts
  • Location:Singapore
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[----]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Goodbye tier 1 ):

#670 Kreen

Kreen

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 323 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Guild Tag:[Oreo]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Good luck in T2 SBI, please hurry back and hopefully we will still be here to give you a warm JQ welcome :)

I have really enjoyed fighting you folks all of these weeks and will miss you.

#671 pot

pot

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 201 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

SBi, please go kick SoRs ass. And be nice to TC, they are role players! :P

#672 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 983 posts
  • Location:Insane
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postcoronbale, on 10 January 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Honestly man, shoot me a tell in game if you start seeing this happen a lot, and ill do what I can to help you narrow down who it is.  Might I also recommend a different path, one that I have used to MANY MANY keep and tower takes.  Situation is as follows:

As soon as you think you have a spy, start feeding intel into /team about the building of golems.  Say things like "How many golems you think we need?" and a guildy reply "lets go a little overboard, 10 should do it".  If the spy feeds that intel to the enemy, they now are on edge for an assault.  Now put out in team chat after 5 min or so "Keep those golems down!  We need to be sneaky if were going to get garrison (or whatever keep the spys own)" Once you put this info, wait 30 seconds, then blitz a point away from garrison.  I have actually watched enemy players port back off cannons when this misinformation has been posted, leaving a gate we are at undefended.

If you have cornered a spy, constantly feed him false data, and his enemy team will start thinking HE Is the spy, intentionally diverting the troops to allow the enemy to capture.

If you do want to root out the leak, let me know.  Odds are we are having a dual boxer feed intel, and while i cannot tell you who your player is, we can plug this side of the leak.  Best of luck!

Yeah, whenever we suspect we have a spy, we do exactly that. Problem was, this guy was the only Blue Pin on the map and our PuGs (being very attentive) followed him, believing he was helping us. So, not only was he feeding you information (probably by saying he was scouting so you wouldn't know he was doing it) but he was leading all the solos and pugs to their death, or to inactive spots.

People tried to say "No, we need to be here. This makes no sense!" But, as we've stressed to pugs, do as your commander says, not as the random dude in chat says. Even I took him at face value. I see people yell at our good commanders that they're doing the wrong thing. I follow the commander anyway. This guys seemed legit at first. After a while, we all knew what was up and got him to un pin.

So, we couldn't even canary trap and change the message because the SPY was giving the message and then RELAYING to you guys (probably very innocently.

If I see anything else like that in game, we'll talk privately in game to stop it. We have enough to deal with as BG comes to town. No other nonsense needed. Thanks!

#673 Vihar

Vihar

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Boston
  • Guild Tag:[Rage]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostCirus, on 11 January 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

Dear oh dear!

I accept your apology Vihar :P

From my perspective, it looked like both JQ and SoS were weaker this week, so I am not sure what to apologize for.

  Instead of having large forces on all borderlands, as was occuring 2-3 weeks ago, both servers were rolling one large force from map to map, they would come, conquer, and then move to the next map.

  3 weeks ago, SBI wasn't flipping their home map 100% red at all.

  This week, we flipped it 100% red pretty much daily.

  We didn't keep it red all day and night or anything....but we had it 100% for a fair amount.

   Now...was that happening 3 weeks ago?

  2 weeks ago?

  If you two, especially SoS, thinks they are STRONGER now than they were 2 weeks ago...well, I can't make them see what is right there and should be obvious.

  I am not even part of SoS server, and I can tell you that queue times for maps are not anything like they were, are they?

  Hell, most of the time this week on SBI they weren't even present (in my playtime..NA EST). A far cry from 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Vihar, 11 January 2013 - 03:22 PM.


#674 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 983 posts
  • Location:Insane
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostVihar, on 11 January 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

From my perspective, it looked like both JQ and SoS were weaker this week, so I am not sure what to apologize for.

  Instead of having large forces on all borderlands, as was occuring 2-3 weeks ago, both servers were rolling one large force from map to map, they would come, conquer, and then move to the next map.

  3 weeks ago, SBI wasn't flipping their home map 100% red at all.

  This week, we flipped it 100% red pretty much daily.

  We didn't keep it red all day and night or anything....but we had it 100% for a fair amount.

   Now...was that happening 3 weeks ago?

  2 weeks ago?

  If you two, especially SoS, thinks they are STRONGER now than they were 2 weeks ago...well, I can't make them see what is right there and should be obvious.

  I am not even part of SoS server, and I can tell you that queue times for maps are not anything like they were, are they?

  Hell, most of the time this week on SBI they weren't even present (in my playtime..NA EST). A far cry from 2 weeks ago.

People are confusing performance with numbers. SoS is performing much better this week, but their numbers may be down from 2 weeks ago. It is hard to notice, because each server is bleeding out WvW players each week. All boats rise and fall with the tide. The tide is heading out. Come February, the tide will rise and all boats will rise.

Consistent winning doesn't mean you don't suffer the same attrition rate as every other server. Slightly less, perhaps, but the over all cross server WvW population is dropping fast. Once that hits the higher tiers as hard as it hit the lower tiers, maps will be held by 30 players.

#675 Moorecore

Moorecore

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 501 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Good fights all around once again. Farewell SBI i still remember entering T1 and fighting you guys and all the fun ive had. Welcome Black Gate! I look forward to finding out which of your roaming guild teams is the best. I can't wait to start running into guilds ive never heard of until i find a group that is just excellent in skill that actually gets me excited when i see them. :)

#676 Cirus

Cirus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 11 January 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

People are confusing performance with numbers. SoS is performing much better this week, but their numbers may be down from 2 weeks ago. It is hard to notice, because each server is bleeding out WvW players each week. All boats rise and fall with the tide. The tide is heading out. Come February, the tide will rise and all boats will rise.

Consistent winning doesn't mean you don't suffer the same attrition rate as every other server. Slightly less, perhaps, but the over all cross server WvW population is dropping fast. Once that hits the higher tiers as hard as it hit the lower tiers, maps will be held by 30 players.

While I agree that the overall trend of WvW participation has been downwards for all servers,  this week has been an exception, or at least temporarily from the overall trend. Both performance and numbers are up on SoS compared to last week, by a very large amount too. I'm absolutely certain of it.

Morale plays a big part in this, performance lifts morale, morale lifts numbers. A demoralized server will be producing low numbers, JQ defeated SoS and broke our morale last week, full credit to them on doing so!

I'm very pleased that SoS have been able to respond and bounce back this week and prove some people wrong! There were quite a few predicting JQ to win this week and the fall of SoS.

Tomorrow with Blackgate should be a match up to remember! Perhaps one of the last great match ups before the major WvW patch hits. Looking forward to the fights :D

Edited by Cirus, 11 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.


#677 Kelo

Kelo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

:qq:

#678 PariahX

PariahX

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 663 posts
  • Location:WA
  • Guild Tag:[Nord]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

/hugs to SBI!  :qq:  There's been a lot of ferocious fights with you guys out there this week (and for the past several months), gonna miss you.  Didn't seem anything like a server heading to tier 2 to me.  Keep up the awesome work so we can get right back into it and do it all over again soon!  :D

Lets face it, we are back to having 4 tier 1 servers for awhile so maybe we will all bounce around to visit our friends on SoR and TC every other match or so.  I don't much care for how the point system works but if you want to stay in tier 1 you really have to do whatever it takes to keep scores close.  Which is silly since we should all be vying to win, not play some stupid trick the numbers game.  :angry:

#679 Meldios

Meldios

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CoF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

So.. SBI... Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya...

j/k

I won't miss SF and Calm smashing all my siege in Vale on SBI BL however. So mean....

#680 Wotah

Wotah

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 320 posts
  • Location:JQQ
  • Guild Tag:[SICK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostMeldios, on 11 January 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

So.. SBI... Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya...

j/k

I won't miss SF and Calm smashing all my siege in Vale on SBI BL however. So mean....

About 10 minutes after everyone left Nord put their siege down.  10-20 minutes after that we had Bay.  For a short amount of time, but we had it.  :P




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users