• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Launcher/Patcher issues - Brand new PC, fresh install.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GarenTore

GarenTore

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hiya folks,

Im having a lot of trouble the last couple of days, simply trying to get GW2 installed on my new PC, which is barely a couple of days old.

I can download the Launcher just fine, maxed connection speed, 21.7meg and ready to go. Double click the launcher, the patcher starts (229k files or something) and races up to max speed (~850kbps for me) and then after 5-10 seconds, slowly winds all the way back to 0.00kbps. Sometimes it'll climb back to 300, maybe 400 kbps where it sits for a few seconds, and then back to zero. Most times it'll just stop downloading and thats it.

Closing the launcher and opening it back up repeats the process, max speed for a few seconds, then down to nothing.

I cant figure out why.

Steam works just fine, Ive downloaded and installed a few games already, so my internet connection is fine, and I even started the patcher on my fiances after convincing her to let me try it on her new Macbook. It worked just fine.

This is driving me insane, I cant figure out why its doing this.

Ive got no firewalls running, no virus scans etc etc. It just wont work.

The only suggestion Ive had so far is to change my DNS settings, which doesnt thrill me, Im worried that will ruin the connection on the whole net work (of which, apart from the Macbook, nothing else is using it).

Any suggestions/ideas/thoughts are truly welcome.

#2 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

The exact same thing occurs for me. I don't think its your end so let it tick for a while, maybe it needs to connect to multiple hosts before it gets somewhat stable. This has been the case for me.

#3 GarenTore

GarenTore

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Currently still have 221000 files to download....I'm gonna set it to run and just walk away, will let you know what it does.

#4 GarenTore

GarenTore

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Left it running up until  midnight last night, no luck.

Started again this morning, patched 19-20meg and then stopped. Still 220k files to go.

#5 Krimsin

Krimsin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I used to have this problem as well, it turns out my firewall kept shutting it down, try disabling your firewall and see if that helps at all.

#6 GarenTore

GarenTore

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

There was a trial version of AVG installed when I got the PC, it has since been removed. The only other firewall should be the Windows one, which is turned off currently.

Well, I dont expect much to happen in the next week., which is a shame, considering Ive got time off work :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users