Now, 8 months later

THIS

#32 aokuang

aokuang

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

When they didn't give any kind of compensation for the missing PvP reward chest and they didn't even communicate about the issue for weeks I exactly knew that the game will suck.

An MMO developed by a careless team and supported by rude community managers can only suck.

Some people told me that I am impatient or worse, however the laws of the universe always apply. Rude and careless company => fail. Now I see that almost everyone complains. What a big surprise.

(FYI: I never played WoW and GW1 is my favourite online game.)

#33 razor39999

razor39999

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2607 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[Arrr]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 02 January 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

We assumed that basic features like observer mode, ladder, and custom servers would be added by launch, which was 4 months away. Now, 8 months later, these features are still not in the game. 95% of games launch with these features. Nobody could have expected this lack of commitment towards PvP.

I knew this would be a PvE game (which MMO isn't?) but I expected them to add at least these most basic features to PvP.

A ladder and observer mode would be nice sure, but I was mainly referring to the game type. Capture points just don't make for interesting PvP, especially since they make comebacks from a losing game exceedingly difficult. And those comebacks are one of the most important and "fun to watch" things in any sport.

#34 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

View Postrazor39999, on 04 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

A ladder and observer mode would be nice sure, but I was mainly referring to the game type. Capture points just don't make for interesting PvP, especially since they make comebacks from a losing game exceedingly difficult. And those comebacks are one of the most important and "fun to watch" things in any sport.

It's fairly easy to come back. If you can cap 2 (or even 3 points) and hold them for an extended period, you'll get back into the game in no time. On maps like Foefire and Forest, boss kills also give you ample opportunity to come back.

I think conquest is great. However, I agree that there should be more game types.

#35 LostMyMind

LostMyMind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Another problem in spvp (for me at least) is the difficulty of finding a pvp team, cause everyones looking for r40+ now.. and I prefered to play pve first.
So now I have to solo grind my way up, which is quite boring.. and I guess thats another reason why players new to pvp quit after a while.
At least it's more userfriendly than gw1 HA but still..

#36 RawNG

RawNG

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostLostMyMind, on 01 February 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Another problem in spvp (for me at least) is the difficulty of finding a pvp team, cause everyones looking for r40+ now..
This I find dumb, if people are looking for r40+ they obviously aren't that smart.  Anyone can reach r40+, doesn't make you a good player at all just means you put the time into the game.  I'm rank 14 and I'd stomp the hell outta r40+.  RANK MEANS NOTHING!  Until something as serious as Arenas from WoW with a proper ranking system for each individual player, like the rating score you'd get from WoW, ranks won't mean crap.   Just like Battlemaster in SWTOR, didn't mean you had skill, just meant you pvped a lot.  And I must say people can use the arguement that "they reached that rank so they have good experience in pvp", I've seen some of the worst players with these higher ranks in games.  
This is partly what kills the gaming community is people who think they are hot shit just because they hit a certain rank that ANYONE can get.  Then start demanding it of people, like they were never a lower rank before.

Edited by RawNG, 01 February 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#37 The Gaust Bass

The Gaust Bass

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

I'm a Ex-WoW Player (I Liked alot the PvP) and I can say I love the combat in this game because rewards the experienced player.
But just that, In my opinion this game lacks of ranks or incentive.

People e-sport because you can show you are good and find really good fights with another experienced people that is really nice.
But this game makes hard to find really nice battles with experienced people, I really try hard to see a good side in focusing time in sPvP but simply is nearly imposible to see that all my effort fighting for a rank/fame/glory is just for me.

I dont see any reward, I don't like PvE itself, I tough this game would focus alot about PvP (As They Promised Before Launching)

But today you can see the reality, I'm pretty new player here So I still have patience for something that isnt is about sitting in Domination Game Mode without any other options.

#38 scaur

scaur

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostThe Gaust Bass, on 25 February 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

I'm a Ex-WoW Player (I Liked alot the PvP) and I can say I love the combat in this game because rewards the experienced player.
But just that, In my opinion this game lacks of ranks or incentive.

People e-sport because you can show you are good and find really good fights with another experienced people that is really nice.
But this game makes hard to find really nice battles with experienced people, I really try hard to see a good side in focusing time in sPvP but simply is nearly imposible to see that all my effort fighting for a rank/fame/glory is just for me.

I dont see any reward, I don't like PvE itself, I tough this game would focus alot about PvP (As They Promised Before Launching)

But today you can see the reality, I'm pretty new player here So I still have patience for something that isnt is about sitting in Domination Game Mode without any other options.

yea I thought the game will be focusing on pvp like battleground. arena, GVG or has dueling enabled. But instead the game now is more toward PVE, dont get me wrong their pve team did a fine job. However, their pvp team feel like a bit of immature when it comes to contents planning "I want to do this and this, it will be completely different and EPIC!!!" :mad: , :surprised: Dude, just stick with the basic first.

Edited by scaur, 25 February 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#39 The Gaust Bass

The Gaust Bass

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

View Postscaur, on 25 February 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

yea I thought the game will be focusing on pvp like battleground. arena, GVG or has dueling enabled. But instead the game now is more toward PVE, dont get me wrong their pve team did a fine job. However, their pvp team feel like a bit of immature when it comes to contents planning "I want to do this and this, it will be completely different and EPIC!!!" :mad: , :surprised: Dude, just stick with the basic first.

Well, Ill admit that Maybe I'm beign too critique. I mean this game is just beggining and maybe it will be a good e-sport in like a year or something. I use as example games like WoW because the first years were not exacly beast PvP haha!

But yes, for now is not what I should want this to be but I should just give it time. :D

But you are right, we can just expect the best. I think for now we just should stick into improve the PvP and things, I never player GW1 But I learned that kind PvP is really nice and fun !

Edited by The Gaust Bass, 27 February 2013 - 03:05 AM.

#40 scaur

scaur

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

Well i used to played wow too, I guess depend where you were.At the 1st year i got a lot pvp (Alliance vs Horde between Southshore  to Tarren Mill, not sure if i remember correctly.) Then BG came out, at 1st  i was against it but after a while i started to enjoy.The smaller size pvp it require more skills and hardware requirment. In GW2 we have WvW however how many people can run it smoothly?
One reason LOL , TF2 have such huge player base because, their requirement are low, most people who lives in Asia will not spend too much money upgrade their computer.

Edited by scaur, 27 February 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#41 Veles

Veles

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

View Postscaur, on 27 February 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

One reason LOL , TF2 have such huge player base because, their requirement are low, most people who lives in Asia will not spend too much money upgrade their computer.

Yes, because Koreans are poor...

#42 scaur

scaur

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostVeles, on 27 February 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Yes, because Koreans are poor...
No they are not poor, they are one of the richest country in the world. Is the way how Asian thinks, we will choose to put money on foods, living, clothing over entertainment.
Oh when people said Asia, don't assume they just means Korean. Asia is a continent contains more than one region (India, Taiwan, Japan).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users