#1 Leothara

Leothara

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Hi just to say this is my Spvp/Tpvp build it works well for me and I hope it will for any of the people who decide to use it.

Main Weapon - Long Bow
Second Weapon - Greatsword or Sword and Dagger

Traits 30/0/10/0/30

Skills - troll-sos/soth/sotw/rao

Pets Land- Wolf and Fern Hound
Pets Water - Shark and carrion devourer

http://intothemists....-Z;0OZG5OZG56gD

Basically the build is set up so that at the start of the fight you pop all signets and RAO do nuke down enemies and if they do not die then you have the ability to survive until all of them are off cooldown and you pop them all again and keep repeating until the other player has been killed.

The spec is also a great node defender in which you would remove troll and replace it with healing spring as it would be a much better heal as you would not have to move from the node.

I will be uploading videos of the spec and how it does in pvp I look forward to your feedback and how you all got on with this spec.

Thank you for checking it out.

Edited by Leothara, 27 December 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#2 PyrexFierceshot

PyrexFierceshot

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

I dont really like the sigils on your weapons. You would also be better off taking Signet of the Beastmaster ( Grandmaster Trait ).

#3 Leothara

Leothara

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Thanks i will be changing to that trait thanks for the advice.  What Sigils would you use for the weapons???

Edited by Leothara, 24 December 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#4 JROH

JROH

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I'm curious, why trait 10 into Wilderness Survival for Expertise Training when you can trait 10 into Skirmishing for Pet's Prowess? Since the dual dogs aren't really applying conditions that require increased condition damage.

#5 Leothara

Leothara

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

The 10 is in there for the toughness and you do not have to take expertise training that trait skill is any choice you feel like taking my build has helped me allot in spvp and tpvp but not every spec works for everyone

#6 JROH

JROH

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostLeothara, on 25 December 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

The 10 is in there for the toughness and you do not have to take expertise training that trait skill is any choice you feel like taking my build has helped me allot in spvp and tpvp but not every spec works for everyone

I was only curious, it just seemed like a wasted trait slot since the dogs aren't applying conditions. It works for the underwater pets but not for the land ones. So depending on what you want, the major trait can be kept the same or changed to something like Shared Anguish or Vigorous Renewal. It's entirely up to you and how it works with your playstyle.

Edited by JROH, 25 December 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#7 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Beastmaster's Bond is 2sec or 3sec?

#8 JROH

JROH

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

View Postjeddahwe, on 25 December 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Beastmaster's Bond is 2sec or 3sec?

Fury and 3 stacks of might for 9 seconds. Unless the wiki is wrong: http://wiki.guildwar...stmaster's_Bond

#9 PyrexFierceshot

PyrexFierceshot

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostLeothara, on 24 December 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Thanks i will be changing to that trait thanks for the advice.  What Sigils would you use for the weapons???

Perhaps Sigils of Energy. This sigil is a great defensive benefit.

#10 Leothara

Leothara

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostJROH, on 25 December 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

I was only curious, it just seemed like a wasted trait slot since the dogs aren't applying conditions. It works for the underwater pets but not for the land ones. So depending on what you want, the major trait can be kept the same or changed to something like Shared Anguish or Vigorous Renewal. It's entirely up to you and how it works with your play style.

Yer i changed it to renewal since it was originally for underwater battles since thats the node i defend in spvp and tpvp on that map. After changing to renewal though i had a match that started out bad but then I had a guardian running from me but i shall upload the videos soon for my spec and how well it plays.

#11 Leothara

Leothara

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

#12 Umie

Umie

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BSW]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

looks like a lot of fun for pubstomping spvp. but you dont have enough condition removal and you will get wrecked by any decent condition build. i always liked the SoW active with beastmaster signet trait. and two interrupts, yes please.

#13 Vence

Vence

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Slay]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

If heavy conditions do turn out to be a problem, then swap out one of the pets for a bear to shake off conditions. If you have a trait set for F2 skills to recharge faster, then the bear provides a great condition removal.

Edited by Vence, 29 December 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#14 Leothara

Leothara

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

this build is designed to out heal all condition damage as such. I have beaten condition build players and healed through the conditions long after they died but if you feel safer using a condition remover pet then feel free to do so. Both pets  chose were for control and healing i.e fern hound for its heal and the wolf for its fear but you could always switch out the wolf for a bear I wouldn't recommend switching out the fern due to the heal is good for surviving with this build.

#15 Tempo

Tempo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

In your video you fight very bad players. Sure, your build is playable, but i doubt it will be good enough as the skill of the ennemies will grow. If you don't want to play tournaments it's fine...

#16 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Why don't I ever get to face teams like you are facing!  Please don't take this the wrong way but you are facing players who seem like they are new to PvP/MMO's.  Towards the end you and your team m8 go up against 1 SB ranger who downs you, during that sequence you did not dodge once!  Not once!

30 BM is cool, and the bond trait turns the pet into a monster, I love that and wish more players would show clips with 25 stack pets, but LB...Seriously guy...LB?

Any way, Happy New Year!

#17 HPLT

HPLT

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

No one uses Masters Bond because its shit in PVP. Why should I trait it, when in the same traitline you get 2 seconds of Zephir when switching your pets. The thing that master bond is reseted when changing your pets makes it completely useless in my opinion.

#18 PyrexFierceshot

PyrexFierceshot

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostHPLT, on 02 January 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

No one uses Masters Bond because its shit in PVP. Why should I trait it, when in the same traitline you get 2 seconds of Zephir when switching your pets. The thing that master bond is reseted when changing your pets makes it completely useless in my opinion.

Its not useless in Hot Join SPvP because most players are not good enough to focus your pet. A Jaguar with Masterbond and full 30 BM can have him critting for ridiculous amounts. Not a smart choice in TPvP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users