• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jackums

Jackums

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

I want a pure damage-based Guardian build (as pure as it can get in that respect), with a GS + Sword/Focus, though I'm not the most familiar with this profession. The majority of builds I come across are either support or tank builds, naturally.

I'm going to be focusing on PvP and in WvW, in the latter of which I'll be moving around in small groups (3-5), rather than being in the thick of things, so heavy support isn't what I'm looking for.

"Just run a Warrior." Thank you, but no thank you. Damage-based Guardians are apparently viable, and I'm just asking for some help in building one.

#2 ScorpioSpork

ScorpioSpork

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

This is my current build. I haven't tried it in PvP yet (just WvW and PvE), but it's a fairly offensive build. I use Sword/Focus and Scepter/Sheild. You could take the 10 points in Valor and put them wherever you want. In the spoiler I put the gear I'm working towards for PvE and WvW. I haven't decided on runes yet, but Soldier's are probably the best choice. Anyway, here are some PvE/WvW exotic gear numbers if you care (no runes or food):
Spoiler

I love this weapon set. It has more of a "quick skirmisher" feel compared to greatsword, hammer or staff. The build takes advantage of the "free" +20% crit chance I can get with traits and sigils. I also have Sigils of Fire for extra AoE damage, but there are probably better options for PvP. I feel like this is a good balance of tankiness and damage.

#3 asmodess

asmodess

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

if you can you should try and free up   5 points from honor to use in virtues .

as far as builds yes dps guardians are very viable if you look at the top of this forum you will see two threads sticky both are good and worth reading ,

there are a lot of builds you can use and all are effective , best bet is to try them and see what fits your playstyle .

atm i`m playing around with 0/15/20/15/20 build using hammer and mace/shield  or secpter

you can also  try 0/30/0/20/20 with sword/shield and mace/focus  focus 5 + judges intervention + protectors strike can be some nice aoe burst damage .

Edited by asmodess, 20 January 2013 - 07:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users