Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[vM]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hey All,

I've crafted this build which I use in the dungeons and fractals. I used to have issues balancing DPS and Survivability, but I think I've come up with a pretty great solution.

This build utilizes the shortbow as your main weapon, with Sword/Warhorn as back up weapon for those times when a buff and evasiveness as necessary.

Gear is quipped with full Rune of the Ranger, and a sigil of force on the shortbow.

The pet I use is a Polar Bear, due to their high health pool and power. However, your pet will act as more of a shield than a weapon, with no traits in the beastmastery line.

Please let me know what you think of the build, try it out for yourself :)

http://gw2skills.net...VGqEUZpyRlkqRBA

#2 Jornemormel

Jornemormel

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[PWNY]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I think you're missing some very powerful and important traits here, and the build seems rather selfish in a way that you only bring utility from your weapon skills. Otherwise it's just damage and self-protection.

One example; the quickness on pet swapping (first minor trait in Beast Mastery) is incredibly versatile. You didn't take it while it's a minor investment.

Another bit where I got confused; you put 25 points into Marksmanship instead of Skirmishing. The Skirmishing minor trait seems to be more powerful unless you're hopping in and out of combat a lot and are unable to flank your enemy. This shouldn't be much of an issue and you're definately not leaving combat mid-battle in a dungeon.

And I don't understand why you put 20 points into Nature Magic. You took two traits you can get with the first tier, yet don't seem to take anything to benefit from the 15 point trait.

I hope you agree the traits make a bit more sence and find it worthwhile to see what I changed in the example below.

http://gw2skills.net...UJoySljKJVrMGZA

Edited by Jornemormel, 26 December 2012 - 12:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users