• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Urtico

Urtico

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

I was wondering how to bring more of my guildies into doing WvW and it came into my mind what if we make the rewards for WvW better?

Here are some suggestions:

Add the possibility of being able to exchange badges into something worthwhile, like a precursor perhaps. Or since the Ascended rings and back pieces have been made available, why not add Ascended armors as rewards on WvW? People always prefer PvE in my guild to be able to build their own legendaries and get the achievement and frequent the FotM dungeon because of the ascended rings they would get. World vs World should get better rewards, imho.

For example, for 10 Gifts of Battle, you can exchange them for a legendary precursor like a Dusk or a Dawn . In addition, maybe we can make the Gifts of Battle stackable up to 250. Or for the ascended armors, a fair amount of badges or Gifts of Battles are needed to exchange them for the preferred ascended armors, as well.

Additional tokens should be added  as well whenever a player was able to successfully help invade or defend a keep (Just like when doing Fractals of the Mist dungeon runs, you get these Pristine Fractal Relics that you can exchange for the Ascended rings that the player prefers to have).  In return, they can exchange these tokens for better or ascended armors that can only be acquired in WvW. Maybe they can have 2 types of tokens, a defensive and an offensive one. You exchange the offensive tokens for Ascended armors with offensive stats like Power-Precision-Crit Dmg and for the defensive tokens, players also get to exchange them for Ascended armors that have defensive stats like Power-Vit-Healing and the likes. A little related to the concept of offensive and defensive infusions.

Since the number of successful defense and invasion will be counted, we might as well use them as sources of titles too. For example, if a player reaches a certain number of successful defense, like 3000 successful defense, the will have the "[Insert awesome adjective here] Defender". Same goes for a number of successful keep or tower invasion.

They should also add better weapon skins. Giving bad ass weapon skins that can only be acquired from WvW makes it worthwhile for those people who want to make their toons look and appear better. The current weapon and armor skins don't do justice to those who frequent WvW, imho.

Additionally, there should also be another reward when a certain server gets to maintain their own borderland and defend all the keeps and the garrison and from him. The same NPC can perhaps spawn on the enemy borderland when fully invaded. Maybe add the mechanic that an NPC only spawns for at least an hour or two when the whole borderland is defended by the defending server. This NPC sells/exchanges the Ascended armors and the precursors for the badges or the tokens mentioned above Imho, I feel that the current WvW reward is not really that much of a big deal. I mean, yeah, we get to have better mining loots and stuff but that really does not make people do WvW.

Logical people appreciate feedback, as I do. Feel free to comment below.

Thanks for reading.

#2 artemist

artemist

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[IF]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostUrtico, on 26 December 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

For example, for 10 Gifts of Battle, you can exchange them for a legendary precursor like a Dusk or a Dawn . In addition, maybe we can make the Gifts of Battle stackable up to 250. Or for the ascended armors, a fair amount of badges or Gifts of Battles are needed to exchange them for the preferred ascended armors, as well.

It's bad idea, ppl would farm harder JP instead fighting on battlegrounds (like I do now).

View PostUrtico, on 26 December 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

Additional tokens should be added  as well whenever a player was able to successfully help invade or defend a keep
+1

Edited by artemist, 26 December 2012 - 12:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users