• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dolemite

Dolemite

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I just built a new PC and now I need a nice mouse and keyboard for gaming. For Christmas a got some amazon gift cards and I need to get my hardware there.
I play Guildwars 2, and I would like some thumb buttons for presetting for spells.

What mouse and keyboard do you all recomend?

#2 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

I've been using the Naga for just over a year now and couldn't imagine playing without it :P pretty perfect for me, and doesn't take that long to get used to the 12 side buttons.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#3 Tripolityx

Tripolityx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Owner of MMO7.
MMO7 has shift mode for another set of buttons. That alone, for thumb only there's 20 different variations. Also I like to mention the mentioned Naga is a good choice. Depends on what kind of layout you want your buttons on mouse.
Spoiler

When it comes to keyboard and what kind of keyboard stands apart from other one.... How many macro buttons you need. Do you use them. Is there somekind of LCD screen. Do you NEED it. Apart from those two things there's not rlly much to look of in keyboards In My Opinion. There's tons of samekind of keyboards on market with huge money range. I personally have G19 but I could recommend the G15 more.

Edited by Tripolityx, 26 December 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#4 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

• Members
  • 5331 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[TKOT]

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I have a Logitech g600 mouse and a merc stealth keyboard, it's just pretty much perfect for me :) The latter part is probably the most important. You'll hear a lot of 'best' mice and keyboards, because it's what's comfortable for you personally. It's difficult to say if something is good for you when buying online unfortunately though :( But anyways, that's my two suggestions to throw into the mix!

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

#5 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3369 posts
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

As Comfy says, it's a very personal thing. I've bought many mice over the years that sounded and/or looked good, but ended up not suiting me. I currently use a Logitech G500 mouse that suits me just fine, but may not have enough buttons for some people.
I'm also using a Logitech G19 keyboard. The LCD sounded like a good idea, but in the end I don't get much use out of it.

Bottom line - can't help ya. :)

#6 Rain King

Rain King

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TRA]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Do NOT get the original Naga made before 2012. It has a mechanical defect where the left mouse button starts to fail and registers double clicks constantly -I've sold and bought (non-refundable) items that I did not intend to because of this. They have a new model out and it appears that the limited editions do not suffer from this.

I'm going to try out the Logitech 12 button mouse though.

I do highly recommend the Razer Anansi keyboard.

#7 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3369 posts
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

That double-click thing used to happen to MS mice a lot. The solution was to replace the MS micro-switches with ones from a (sensitive) Logitech mouse (not some cheap, hard to click, mouse). Of course, that could have a few problems in this case - the Logitech switches might not fit the Naga, you need to be able to un-solder and solder contacts, and you might not have a dead mouse handy to take switches from.

Edited by Quaker, 31 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#8 Xephyr

Xephyr

Fashion Addict

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[Syn]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I use the razer naga 2012, and I love it. It also comes with interchangeable grips wich is a good thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users