• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

doylak gift acvhievement 24/12/2012(12/24/2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DEAD]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

why did this achievement need to be nerfed?..i got it 1 shot/1st shot, all's people had to do was communicate, not to mention--have 2 on building siege weapons, 2 building snow forts between the pillars(+upgrade the fort's), 1 distracting/rifle shooting, and every now and again feed hey to the doylak(s) who lost the most health....you know what GIFT STOPPER was a harder schievement  then this/more annoying, and gift stopper wasnt even team friendly, honestly, this was a big bull flop nerf, why because a few hundred thousand noobs cant communicate by typing in the chat bar?, i took a minute in L.A asked people how easy they thought the achievement was before the nerf when we needed to save all, not just 1...and over 90% of the responses were "it WAS the most easiest achievement this wintersday"(still is, but now 10x easier)

#2 OChunx

OChunx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Seriously?

Just because you were lucky enough to be able to complete it doesn't mean everyone had the same luck as you. If it's so easy, you should go back and do it again and see how often you can save all 5 dolyaks with a pug.

I suggest you stop being so arrogant and don't let this one success get to your head. There were many capable people out there who had trouble with this achievement because they were unlucky enough to get teammates who couldn't communicate, just like how you were lucky enough to get teammates who did. Do you honestly want a Christmas achievement to be excessively hard?

Yes, I agree that the achievement is very easy right now, but I don't see a problem in that at all. You claim that even before this nerf, 90% thought it was the easiest achievement in Wintersday. How bout let's start a poll right now? Who thinks that this was the "most easiest" Wintersday achievement?

Not I.

(And anyway, apparently it was a "bug fix" if I remember correctly, just like all the "fixes" Anet does >_>)

Edited by OChunx, 27 December 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#3 Dosearius

Dosearius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

The number of people that complained about how hard it was to pull this off (especially with it being hotjoin...you could jump into a game that already failed the achievement) on these and the official forums makes it pretty clear to me that your 90% stat falls under the "90% of all stat listed on the internet are made up" category.

And, really, just why are you so butthurt over it, anyhow?  Since there is no title associated with it, it's not as if it helps your e-peen.  Get over yourself, you're gonna hurt something patting yourself on the back so much.

#4 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostOChunx, on 27 December 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

Seriously?

Just because you were lucky enough to be able to complete it doesn't mean everyone had the same luck as you. If it's so easy, you should go back and do it again and see how often you can save all 5 dolyaks with a pug.

I suggest you stop being so arrogant and don't let this one success get to your head. There were many capable people out there who had trouble with this achievement because they were unlucky enough to get teammates who couldn't communicate, just like how you were lucky enough to get teammates who did. Do you honestly want a Christmas achievement to be excessively hard?

Yes, I agree that the achievement is very easy right now, but I don't see a problem in that at all. You claim that even before this nerf, 90% thought it was the easiest achievement in Wintersday. How bout let's start a poll right now? Who thinks that this was the "most easiest" Wintersday achievement?

Not I.

(And anyway, apparently it was a "bug fix" if I remember correctly, just like all the "fixes" Anet does >_>)

more then once, and it's always with pugs, helped over 20+ groups do this, with no fail, it's got nothing to do with e-peen, it's got to do with the cry baby sooks who couldn't do it at all GET THEIR WAY.
and as already stated it was EASY as pie before the nerf...although i agree on the bug claims, anet will claim anything as a bug to avoid looking stupid.

View PostDosearius, on 27 December 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

The number of people that complained about how hard it was to pull this off (especially with it being hotjoin...you could jump into a game that already failed the achievement) on these and the official forums makes it pretty clear to me that your 90% stat falls under the "90% of all stat listed on the internet are made up" category.

And, really, just why are you so butthurt over it, anyhow?  Since there is no title associated with it, it's not as if it helps your e-peen.  Get over yourself, you're gonna hurt something patting yourself on the back so much.
you sound more butthurt then me right now, title or no title, why make something already so easy, easier?, it's just cry baby sook's that get their way again, when alot of us had to do it the hard way. enough said on that subject...
and seriously read just above your quote on how many pug groups i helped do it, before i got bored with it being so easy.

#5 Dosearius

Dosearius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

So, I guess you must figure that if YOU start crying (that IS what you are doing here, just in the other direction of the ones you claim say it was too hard) you'll get it YOUR way?

Is there any part of the game you find difficult?  Because if there is even one thing, I guarantee you there is another player out there that will say YOU are the crybaby.

And personally, I don't know why you would think I'm butthurt at all over it...I got my title the first day the event was available and the fact that it has changed since then does not affect me in any way.  Why should it...HOW could it?   I'm also not butthurt by your post...in fact, I'm amused by it, like I am with all posts started by elitist's.

#6 madmaxII

madmaxII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

You are totally right, the achievement was already really easy. Keep building defenses, make sure you don't lure the golem into them, heal the dolyaks in time, really easy.

If you get people who know what to do.
If you get into a game where all dolyaks are alive.

See, and that was the problem. Your own impact on the achievement is really small, most of it is just RNG. And that's not fun.

#7 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostDosearius, on 27 December 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

So, I guess you must figure that if YOU start crying (that IS what you are doing here, just in the other direction of the ones you claim say it was too hard) you'll get it YOUR way?

Is there any part of the game you find difficult?  Because if there is even one thing, I guarantee you there is another player out there that will say YOU are the crybaby.

And personally, I don't know why you would think I'm butthurt at all over it...I got my title the first day the event was available and the fact that it has changed since then does not affect me in any way.  Why should it...HOW could it?   I'm also not butthurt by your post...in fact, I'm amused by it, like I am with all posts started by elitist's.

yes i am the elitist, cus i found something REALLY easy, easy and helped groups do it, and TBH i find maybe somethings a tiny bit challenging, but i like that, so i dont make a post/thread to have them nerfed even if i found them hard, i just get better at doing that area, thats the idea of MMO's, not to find everything so easy 1st shot, but when they go ahead and start making them 10x easier, yes i find the need to make a complaint, also in NOWAY at all is this a nerf it back, this is my opinion expressed on the nerf, people can have opinions without sooking for a nerf ya know, also i never wrote "nerf is back" so how ever you came across that notion, is beyond comprehension, also your first response indicated it was butthurting you, and if you did find it amusing, you'd do what many others do who find these post amusing, ignore them and let them die.

View PostmadmaxII, on 27 December 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

You are totally right, the achievement was already really easy. Keep building defenses, make sure you don't lure the golem into them, heal the dolyaks in time, really easy.

If you get people who know what to do.
If you get into a game where all dolyaks are alive.

See, and that was the problem. Your own impact on the achievement is really small, most of it is just RNG. And that's not fun.

then they should of nerfed/fixed it so you didnt get placed into an already fail group, acctually, since it was a TEAM instance, every1 does something to help the doylaks survive, really luring the golem away was only done by people who wanted to save rebuilding walls/siege weapons, and all's it took was communication for people to know what to do, again a team instance, people need to learn communication and instances like this would be LOL easy for them.

Edited by VanderBeltLegacy, 27 December 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#8 Dosearius

Dosearius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

soooo....you are just complaining for the sake of it then?  I mean why did you post this topic then?  WE are not Anet so we can't answer your so-called 'question' about why it was changed. (though I'm willing to bet that Anet had FAR more feedback on the issue then you got in your little sampling in LA). So that leaves me to think you posted it hoping to validate your argument.  If you were looking to get other players opinions on the matter, well...that's what you are getting.  I'm sure there are plenty of other players that DO agree with you but you must be a fool if you thought everyone was going to.

#9 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostDosearius, on 27 December 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

soooo....you are just complaining for the sake of it then?  I mean why did you post this topic then?  WE are not Anet so we can't answer your so-called 'question' about why it was changed. (though I'm willing to bet that Anet had FAR more feedback on the issue then you got in your little sampling in LA). So that leaves me to think you posted it hoping to validate your argument.  If you were looking to get other players opinions on the matter, well...that's what you are getting.  I'm sure there are plenty of other players that DO agree with you but you must be a fool if you thought everyone was going to.
no im VOICING my opinion, intelligence suggest that, did i complain about your feedback once?, no i just counter responded to your responses, im only looking for everyones responses weather they agree or not, thats how these things work, since you have nothing new to add, besides trying to have a pissing contest with me, im not even going to bother with you from this point, you even have the mod's watching this carefully now, because your responses, enough said.

#10 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5470 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Since no one in this thread seems actually interested in having a conversation I'll close this thread. Every single post has been overly heated, I could probably cook a T.V. dinner in here.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users