• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dimos Zargarda

Dimos Zargarda

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hey guys, im a lvl 48 Engi atm and my dmg is kinda.... eh. So I was wondering if someone could give me a nice DMG build? If possible for a lvl 80, since il proly hit 80 today or tomorrow.

It doesnt metter if its cond. or just pure DPS (if Engi is capable of such thing lol)

#2 MrForz

MrForz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

http://gw2skills.net...wlgLLXOukcNs4YB

That's the sPvP version. The traits are quite customizable up to your liking (Changing certain abilities, and eventually removing 10 points in Tools to add them to Firearms as example). I recommend Beryl/Ruby stacking instead of the runes on armor though if going WvW.

Downside? Well, you don't see Glass Canon Engineers often, and for a reason. You miss any of your CC moves in PvP, you're dead.

Edited by MrForz, 27 December 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#3 Dimos Zargarda

Dimos Zargarda

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks alot mate, il try it out as soon I hit 80.

#4 Valeran

Valeran

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Can you help me out with a Build to do the max damage aswell, but for ele?

#5 Ehragus

Ehragus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostValeran, on 28 December 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Can you help me out with a Build to do the max damage aswell, but for ele?

Go check the ele forum mate. Should be something there.

#6 Roddz321

Roddz321

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

I found out this glass cannon build to be very effective in dealing good damage,
http://gw2skills.net...wlgLLXOukcNoYSA

Here's a video of a guy using it in wvw, it looks pretty solid for a glass cannon build, the damage is more than enough and while survivability is poor it still mantain a decent amount of utilities thanks to toolkit.

If you want even more damage i'll go for something like this:
http://gw2skills.net...wlgLLXOukcNoYSA

Sitting duck now applies 5 stacks of vulnerability on your target when you immobilize him, so net+analyze= 15% more damage istantly (which is gold for chain lightning) then you can unleash your toolbelt or jumpshot for crazy amounts of damage, i'm using it right now for fun and with 25 stack of bloodlust &  +10% crit damage food i had a 13k jumpshot crit (which also apllies 6 more vulnerability stacks) + 12k blunderbluss on a player.
I don't think there are more bursty options for engineers right now.
I hope it's what you needed to see for your engineer.

Edited by Roddz321, 04 January 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#7 Duch

Duch

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Did you check this build in sPvP ? I'm very curious how it works in skilled player hands :P

#8 Roddz321

Roddz321

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yeah it works pretty good in spvp aswell, maybe in tpvp it's a little tricky when players starts to know that you're so squishy and want to kill you but it's still pretty decent, you should however do some changes in the traits.
Like replace infused precision & range for something more useful

#9 MrForz

MrForz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostRoddz321, on 31 December 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Sitting duck now applies 5 stacks of vulnerability on your target when you immobilize him, so net+analyze= 15% more damage istantly (which is gold for chain lightning) then you can unleash your toolbelt or jumpshot for crazy amounts of damage, i'm using it right now for fun and with 25 stack of bloodlust &  +10% crit damage food i had a 13k jumpshot crit (which also apllies 6 more vulnerability stacks) + 12k blunderbluss on a player.
I don't think there are more bursty options for engineers right now.
I hope it's what you needed to see for your engineer.

Well, you could replace the Tool Kit with the Grenades, with the right traits the Grenade Barrage won't only severly damage your opponent (happened to make 14k) but also apply even more Vunerability stacks. Problem is that you can't place it on the fly like the Wrench-rang, you'd need a successfull Jump Shot, it's a choice to make.

Edited by MrForz, 04 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#10 Roddz321

Roddz321

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Yeah it's true, talking about raw damage the grenade burst is bigger, but you have to trait for it, and that means dropping good firearms traits for sustained rifle damage @ long range.
The good thing about the build is that it's burst is incredibly easy to land while still being huge (almost on par with the grenades) and long range, also the toolkit provide a good amount of utilities, such as 3 sec block or pull & aoe snare which are huge being a glass cannon.

#11 dynia666

dynia666

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

engi its not class for dps dmg, its for tank or condi dmg spam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users