Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 4 votes

Always use the TP, i got scammed

deadmaumau sot maguuma

  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 keli

keli

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostCobalt60, on 05 January 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Protip here, having 15% extra gold isn't going to do shit for you when the price of everything increases due to inflation.

And people complain about the price of everything now.

Imagine a game where TP fees and waypoint costs don't exist.

And ectos are 1 G each.

There is a reason why it is in %. This way inflation doesn't affect it..

#62 Cobalt60

Cobalt60

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

View Postkeli, on 06 January 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

There is a reason why it is in %. This way inflation doesn't affect it..

Completely missed it buddy. The TP % helps curb inflation.

#63 keli

keli

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostCobalt60, on 06 January 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Completely missed it buddy. The TP % helps curb inflation.

You completely missed my point. 15% is 15% even if you have to pay 200g for Twilight or 2000g for Twilight. So the 15% extra gold matters the same whether the inflation goes out of hand or not.

On the other hand yes, it sucks out money from the economy so of course it helps to lower the inflation.

#64 Cobalt60

Cobalt60

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

View Postkeli, on 06 January 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

You completely missed my point. 15% is 15% even if you have to pay 200g for Twilight or 2000g for Twilight. So the 15% extra gold matters the same whether the inflation goes out of hand or not.

On the other hand yes, it sucks out money from the economy so of course it helps to lower the inflation.

Going to suggest you actually read the thread, learn about inflation and gold sinks.

#65 Blixcoe

Blixcoe

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

I tried to suggest in the ideas thread about a trading-with-players option where both players had to click confirm on a trade, then the player being traded chose accept or deny. But NOOO that would only lead to scamming. So many other mmorpgs have it, and the negativity is starting to annoy me. I know we have the mail system, but why is anet not up for being versatile with their system?

only like 1% of the population gets scammed, and they learn from it. the other 99% is happy they get several options to ACTUALLY interact with players other than invite/profession combos.

#66 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostBlixcoe, on 07 January 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

I tried to suggest in the ideas thread about a trading-with-players option where both players had to click confirm on a trade, then the player being traded chose accept or deny. But NOOO that would only lead to scamming. So many other mmorpgs have it, and the negativity is starting to annoy me. I know we have the mail system, but why is anet not up for being versatile with their system?

only like 1% of the population gets scammed, and they learn from it. the other 99% is happy they get several options to ACTUALLY interact with players other than invite/profession combos.

Gotta suck that gold out.  Can you imagine players with purchasing power not related to their credit cards?
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#67 Straegen

Straegen

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostBlixcoe, on 07 January 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

I tried to suggest in the ideas thread about a trading-with-players option where both players had to click confirm on a trade, then the player being traded chose accept or deny. But NOOO that would only lead to scamming. So many other mmorpgs have it, and the negativity is starting to annoy me. I know we have the mail system, but why is anet not up for being versatile with their system?

Face to face trading is a relatively pointless feature in GW2. TP, guild stores and the mail system address 99.9% of all transactions. In addition the TP is a gold sink for Arenanet and "illegal" transactions (such as selling gold) are likely easier to track. IMO the original person didn't really get scammed as the person likely knew the risk going in. They should have used the TP but wanted to save some money. They could have put in a buy order and had the other person sell at that price but didn't. Barring all of that they could have simply ordered in smaller increments risking less. This "life lesson" falls squarely on the buyer even if the seller is scummy as well.

#68 Evans

Evans

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 424 posts
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

't Is a shame it's such an expensive lesson to be learned.

However, it's staggering how many "don't trust anyone" messages have been posted here, quite a few even going as far as "no one in life". What a black view to life.

It's a shame you got scammed, but I hope for your sake you don't lose trust in all humanity like some people he have (or claim to have at any rate) because it would be a very sad existence then...

Edited by Evans, 10 January 2013 - 10:04 AM.


#69 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostMazingerZ, on 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Gotta suck that gold out.  Can you imagine players with purchasing power not related to their credit cards?

Except purchasing power is rising, as clearly shown by gem prices. :)

#70 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 10 January 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Except purchasing power is rising, as clearly shown by gem prices. :)

Unless it's dropping below the value prior to Tixx being released, it doesn't mean jack.  It just means prices are recovering from the X-Mas event.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#71 Blixcoe

Blixcoe

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Gotta suck that gold out.  Can you imagine players with purchasing power not related to their credit cards?

View PostStraegen, on 09 January 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Face to face trading is a relatively pointless feature in GW2. TP, guild stores and the mail system address 99.9% of all transactions. In addition the TP is a gold sink for Arenanet and "illegal" transactions (such as selling gold) are likely easier to track. IMO the original person didn't really get scammed as the person likely knew the risk going in. They should have used the TP but wanted to save some money. They could have put in a buy order and had the other person sell at that price but didn't. Barring all of that they could have simply ordered in smaller increments risking less. This "life lesson" falls squarely on the buyer even if the seller is scummy as well.

I see both of your points. I know we don't need player trading, but what I was trying to say is that.. I feel like the community is being way more negative towards utilizing gw2's potential rather than being positive. Like for example player dueling as I suggested. 1v1 where you challenge a person to a duel, and the challenged player accepts/denies. People were all like: no, there will be whining about 1v1 not being balanced.

My point of that is, it's just for fun, and such a small feature would add so much to the flavor of GW2. It's also good because you can test your gear and stats with this, or just kill off some boredom.
Sure, there will be people whining about 1v1 being unbalanced. But why piss on the idea and not welcome it? I am sure 90% would be in for the feature and only 10% not. Maybe less.

It's a shame, really. Because I think anet is doing too much casual thinking. They want 100% of their playerbase to be happy with everything but that isn't reality. The counterargument "people will whine over duels" is also a poor one because, I never saw whining about that in wow neither in aion. It's a harmless and fun addition.

Edited by Blixcoe, 11 January 2013 - 02:15 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deadmaumau, sot, maguuma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users