#31 Expherious

Expherious

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DoD]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

OP -> I literally did the exact same thing as you, the only thing that im displeased with is the black widow. I personally love it, but its stats are literally unfair. gw2w it. Its annoying..

#32 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3119 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostZzyzx, on 29 December 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Yeah you're using the wrong build for trapper ranger. Here it is.

http://gw2skills.net...d8xvAA;TIAAzCqA

You have tons of damage and a ton of toughness and a lot of survivability with the evades on your sword and dodges etc...

Sigils and runes are kinda up to you.

Switch troll unguent to spring, traits are also a lil bit wrong :)

#33 avoidconfusion

avoidconfusion

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostKillyox, on 27 January 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Switch troll unguent to spring, traits are also a lil bit wrong :)

Could you correct the buid? :)

#34 Tempo

Tempo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postavoidconfusion, on 28 January 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Could you correct the buid? :)

There is several possible builds for trapper depending of the amulet you use.
Yours seems to be bleed on crit full condi bleed so the correct build is :

- sigil of earth (no optional at all!)
- Replace wilderness survival X by IX

- Runes and sigils : You need 35% bleed duration to have one more tick of bleed on SB attack and 25% burn duration to have one more tick of burn with fire trap (when ennemy stay at least 1second in it). Just take 2 Lyssa rune (10%) and 4 rune of nightmare (10%) or 4 rune of the lich (10%). Also put sigil of agony (10% bleed). With the 5% in marks you are good. You can go with another runeset if you don't want condi duration, undead is good for exemple.

- As a side note, you can remove viper's nest to add lightning reflex, because stunbreaker is so good...

The build would be different for a carrion amulet trapper (good because sb scales great with power) or a shaman trapper (the tanky one).

Hope this help.

Edited by Tempo, 28 January 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#35 avoidconfusion

avoidconfusion

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

So how would you build a tanky trapper ranger? I am asking because the original build linked above by Zzyzx only has 15k health which seems very low.

#36 Tempo

Tempo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

First of all, my tanky trapper is NOT a bunker. It is intended to do some damages! Balanced between tankyness and damage.
A tanky trapper ranger should play with shaman amulet. You have to work on your regen and use vitality runes. Your third utility is lightning reflex or protect me.

I take traits that give regen and vigor :
- 5 Nature magic
- IV and VIII in wilderness survival

II in skirmishing is now useless because you have no crit chance so take I, V or VI instead. I personnaly love I playing with a black raven, because you need your pet to deal damage. The second pet should be wolf. Fern hound is crap, his regen does not take your healing power into account ! The wolf fear is so amazing...

Sigils are up to you.

You can play this trapper at range with SB / sword + dagger (one extra dodge on 4 is nice for tanky matter)
or
Close combat with axe + dagger / sword + torch

Like any trappers builds you will lack mobility because you don't have warhorn or signet of the hunt...

Hope this help.

Edited by Tempo, 28 January 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#37 JROH

JROH

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostTempo, on 28 January 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

First of all, my tanky trapper is NOT a bunker. It is intended to do some damages! Balanced between tankyness and damage.
A tanky trapper ranger should play with shaman amulet. You have to work on your regen and use vitality runes. Your third utility is lightning reflex or protect me.

I take traits that give regen and vigor :
- 5 Nature magic
- IV and VIII in wilderness survival

II in skirmishing is now useless because you have no crit chance so take I, V or VI instead. I personnaly love I playing with a black raven, because you need your pet to deal damage. The second pet should be wolf. Fern hound is crap, his regen does not take your healing power into account ! The wolf fear is so amazing...

Sigils are up to you.

You can play this trapper at range with SB / sword + dagger (one extra dodge on 4 is nice for tanky matter)
or
Close combat with axe + dagger / sword + torch

Like any trappers builds you will lack mobility because you don't have warhorn or signet of the hunt...

Hope this help.

I think I mentioned a healing based trapper, this is a basic rundown of what I've been working on if you ever wanted to give it a try: http://gw2skills.net...rouxcj4G7Nubk3A
It's still in process and I haven't finalized anything yet. Also, I didn't add any weapons or anything, the traits and such are what matters at this point.

#38 Tempo

Tempo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Well, how do you deal with conditions?

And it'a funny, you really don't like Wilderness survival whereas i can't live without it :P

Edited by Tempo, 28 January 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#39 JROH

JROH

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostTempo, on 28 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Well, how do you deal with conditions?

And it'a funny, you really don't like Wilderness survival whereas i can't live without it :P

No I love it, I think it is our best trait line. That being said, as somebody who spends way too much time theorycrafting, I don't like being pigeonholed into it. Especially after playing some other classes besides ranger, the condition removal isn't always as good/useful as people seem to think on other classes. Other classes either benefit too greatly from taking more offensive options, or have low enough health pools to where the amount of damage conditions do before they get removed is still balanced because the damage done is a larger percentage of their health. The only class I think deals with conditions well is necros.
Tangent aside, I don't feel rangers always need to be built for Empathic Bond. I would if I could, but the only two traits I really feel I need performance wise are wilderness survival 5 and beastmastery 5. More dodges and quickness on demand is amazing. I love the quickness for rezzing more than anything, and I feel rangers are probably the best in the game at it.
However, that aside, I think it's fair to also say I would run 0/30/20/0/20 with this build, as the nature magic is just for regen length increase, but the build can also also use the extra 100 condition damage/ toughness and Oakheart Salve to deal with conditions better.
I still need to playtest more exactly what I find to be the most effective lol.

#40 Tempo

Tempo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Well,imo if there is one thing that is good in ranger, it is this :

30 in wilderness survival
5 in BM
some condi stuff

And then you have a large choice for the rest of the build, you can choose between several pets, other traitlines and several weapons. You can be more or less tanky, playstyle can be range or melee, pet can be support or damage. So you can make the build that you enjoy. This freedom is quite good.

Edited by Tempo, 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#41 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3119 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Trapper needs spring as heal, condi removal for 15 sec in aoe for everyone? How is that not good. With +33% regen duration it's even better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users