Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

This video just about sums it up.
0:00 – 0:53 = The Build
0:53 – 4:36 = The Build In Action
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DyahdHO0WHk
Best of luck all!! Let me know your opinions of this build! Its a wonderful build!

#2 MartinFirestorm

MartinFirestorm

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PD]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

That looks like a lot of fun, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

And yes my anal retentive fellow eles, bet it works welll in pve and so is not out of place in the pve forum.

Edit: tried it, didn't really like it, though my char doesn't have access to leopard form. It's too single targety for pve, and I can get more damage output from any of my d/d builds.

Edited by MartinFirestorm, 02 January 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#3 Raif89

Raif89

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Thats a bit too glass for my taste.... Seems like a great way to get yourself sneezed on in WvW. While he does kill people very quickly, your kinda SOL since you used basically all of your escape mechanisms (to get CLOSE to your target/do damage), and have nothing in terms of defense if that lonely guy you just oicked off had a thief or mesmer hiding nearby. Which on a good WvW server will be pretty likely.

It's a very thief like build, pop and use all cooldowns for 1 kill. Only problem is unlike a thief, you don't really have a way to get out of there since you sacrificed it for Arcane skills. With how buggy Arcane Power actually is (and the fact that Arcane Wave and Blast and already auto crit) seems like a waste of a skill seeing as how RTL might just consume all 5 charges before you even got to Air 2.....

While you can kill 1 person every 50-ish seconds or so, why would that even be remotely helpful in a WvW setting? You would be a bit more of a liability due to how easily killed you are.

As far as PVE (and this is that forum) this has much more merit to it in a dungeon or in open world exploration, but as a personal preference, I'd rather buff the hell out of my group with around 16 stacks of might, regen, fury and protection and work as a group. However you would still run into the same issues, dungeon mobs would 1 shot you most of the time since you would want to be rather close, but I'm sure it could work given the right group comp. Maybe.

Still this isn't a new thing. Any class that goes full glass can do a lot of damage. For elementalists it just means using 5-8 skills in the same time frame as other classes need 1 or 2. Nothing new to see here.

Edited by Raif89, 30 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#4 Humungous

Humungous

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Excellent :) Leopard form for the crazy speed is brilliant.

I don't see why this wouldn't be a very viable build. It's not going to be the uber build that D/D tank is at the moment, but any time you can burst that hard from that far out, you have great potential.

How does it do on picking off siege weapons? If you could take a pair of elementalists like these and flank a siege weapon, this might become a standard WvW build.

View PostRaif89, on 30 December 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Still this isn't a new thing. Any class that goes full glass can do a lot of damage. For elementalists it just means using 5-8 skills in the same time frame as other classes need 1 or 2. Nothing new to see here.

Except the leopard form + RTL combo. That's new to me, at least.

#5 Raif89

Raif89

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostHumungous, on 30 December 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Excellent :) Leopard form for the crazy speed is brilliant.

I don't see why this wouldn't be a very viable build. It's not going to be the uber build that D/D tank is at the moment, but any time you can burst that hard from that far out, you have great potential.

How does it do on picking off siege weapons? If you could take a pair of elementalists like these and flank a siege weapon, this might become a standard WvW build.

Except the leopard form + RTL combo. That's new to me, at least.

The reason it wouldn't be too viable a WvW build is because if someone sneezed on you, you would die. You use RTL and Leopard Form to close the gap/do some damage and are left with no ways to escape or avoid damage if your target say... I don't know, mist formed while your combo went off? Or he had some friends? The reason the video cuts out the second he kills someone is most likely due to that.... He most likely was killed off instantly by anyone who was there. Even with my "uber" tanky D/D build I can hit GC eles stupid enough to do that in WvW (and not go ranged) for 5-8K depending on the ability.

The reason builds like this work for lets say thieves, is stealth. They can pop all the cooldowns (like he does in the video) and run away and wait for them to reset so he can do it again. A warrior can pull this kinda stuff due to having quite a large health pool (much more difficult, but its not too bad with a rifle or a GS). An elementalist has a harder time with it (in this case) because instead of USING his range, he is closing the gap and being in melee, with no way to get out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elementalist, build, wvw, pvp, norn, arcane, lightning, guild wars 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users