Honestly, not sure how this can be fixed in a truly balanced and fair way.
- should be priority #1. This is a fundamental problem with the game itself, and honestly alot of other ideas hinge on this.
Remove free transfers
- seriously, this cant be done soon enough. The stronger servers keep getting stronger and the weaker servers keep getting weaker. There are a few notable exceptions, but this is the trend as a whole.
One server dominates at a lower tier one week, and all of the sudden they absorb anyone interested in WvWing.
- while it could be a good idea if alot of thought goes into it (like taking a NA server with low population between 12-8 AM PST, and merging it with a EU server with a high population at that time and vise versa).
I am not really for this, and this cant be done until culling is fixed. The game cant handle the size of current fights, larger would kill it.
- A system for this would be great, and would help people stay interested. But i really dont want to see WvW separated from PvE gear, so it feels like WoW where you need to grind raiding gear, then go grind Resilience gear. WvW SHOULDNT BE A GEAR CHECK.
Hell, just let people buy weapon skins in Gem store and be done with it. Pay to Pretty, Play to Win....
Make Commanders actually worthwhile
- It would be nice to see more strategy in WvW on a whole. Maybe allowing Commanders see where allies are on the map could do help accomplish this. Basically instead of just seeing green dots in an area around you, see them for your whole map. However, i could see this being abused QUICKLY, where an enemy server just makes a commander to see the enemy's position.
At least let there be more benefits for actually being in a Squad, like raid frames.
Oh, and a better way to actually become a Commander. 100 gold purchase is kind of half assed for something like this...
Making names less generic
- Not sure why this seems to be as big as an issue as is, but should just add WvW titles that substitute "Invader". Depending on Tier of 'X' WvW achievement, Invader is swapped with something else.
Individual names obviously isnt that great for top tiers, since people abuse it. (just reference War Machine's post. I have also seen this in other PvP oriented MMOs)
I would like to see more thought go into the Out-manned buff to help with the smaller population servers, and also helping to encourage smaller groups than constant zergs.
Maybe something along the lines of if you are in a party of 5, and no allies are in your immediate area, you receive a buff depending on how many Invaders you are up against. I could see this being taken advantage of pretty easily though.
Break Out events should only be for your home borderlands. Giving Invading servers a breakout event makes defending and reinforcing South Eastern and South Western towers kind of pointless when an Invading army can just keep resetting the event.
I thought this was initially to help servers break out of their protected Home Borderland area, not constantly keep a foothold in enemy Borderlands.
Edited by Voradors, 31 December 2012 - 04:41 PM.