Cover Girl

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MORD]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostGoGoGhosty, on 11 January 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

I am of the opinion that the community should get to decide which "exploits" benefit the game and which do not. For example, in super smash bros melee, there are several "exploits" (wavedashing is a prime example) that drastically speed up the game, making it more enjoyable and more competitive. Likewise, in Halo 2 there were button combos that allowed for faster shooting, faster meleeing etc that were also embraced, because they improved the game. Door rezzing does not improve wvw in any sense of the word. It requires multiple people to sit watching a dead body with their full attention for potentially hours, while all it takes is someone to spend 30 seconds to go rez them. We as a community need to out these exploits or they will destroy our game that we put so many hours into. This is mainly up to the guilds; if every major guild refuses to use these merely on principle, it will quickly cease to be an issue.

I agree with your post HOWEVER, lets say that for the sake of this scenario. the "big 10" on each server decides its banned.  lets also say that the big 10 yield 100 players on each guild. thats 1k players that will respect this and not do it.  Take the flash in the pan bandwagon guild of 20.  not much of an issue.  but they say MF our rules and start capping towers and keeps using this method because the honorable guilds left the body after thief/mes sweeping.  Now the tower is capped and you have an angry server that just lost a tower.  this happens several times and its back to body camping and then other smaller guilds will start doing it, then in anger the larger guilds do it in retaliation (see WM's exploiting posts)  sending us back to square 1.  I honestly dont consider it an exploit. but like I said earlier. I will honor the decision our servers vote on.  The best way to fix this is to create a video, post it to the official forums, and send in a petition.bug report with said video.  as it stands. it's not an exploit.  you can attack through a door. you can rez and heal through a door.

Edited by Cover Girl, 11 January 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#32 Tarkus

Tarkus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 133 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[OnS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostCover Girl, on 11 January 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

Take the flash in the pan bandwagon guild of 20.

Firstly, we didn't bandwagon to SoS nor did are we a "flash in the pan" guild (we are growing by the day) and secondly getting on your high horse about honorable guilds is a bit like a 2 man guild QQing about not taking keeps. Posts like this are why our roaming team of 15-25 will chase any[MORD] to the other side of the map. Put your BS elsewhere.

#33 Cover Girl

Cover Girl

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostTarkus, on 11 January 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Firstly, we didn't bandwagon to SoS nor did are we a "flash in the pan" guild (we are growing by the day) and secondly getting on your high horse about honorable guilds is a bit like a 2 man guild QQing about not taking keeps. Posts like this are why our roaming team of 15-25 will chase any[MORD] to the other side of the map. Put your BS elsewhere.

I don't recall ever saying DiE was a flash in the pan guild.  This was all hypothetical and no guilds were mentioned.  Please calm down Tarkus unless you're upset for a reason... guilty mind?

#34 Tarkus

Tarkus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 133 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[OnS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Fair enough, a thief just ganked me in SBI bl and I was a bit pissed off, sorry for sounding a bit rough. But still, DiE and MORD have a history and we will still chase you to the other side of the map because ganking a certain guardian from SBI has the chance to get a higher than average chance at getting a legendary precursor. Argueing from not from the "honor" standpoint but more of a realistic standpoint it takes only 1 guy to watch the body, and if you alternated players watching the dead clothie then it won't be overly boring for the defending team. Just keep on dropping those necro marks and traps, and realise that this is how the Meta is changing

Edited by Tarkus, 11 January 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#35 NeoPomStar

NeoPomStar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Those who says it's not an exploit are clearly people who are practicing this and are attempting to persuade others that its not an exploit so they can continue to use this method.

#36 Cover Girl

Cover Girl

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostTarkus, on 11 January 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Fair enough, a thief just ganked me in SBI bl and I was a bit pissed off, sorry for sounding a bit rough. But still, DiE and MORD have a history and we will still chase you to the other side of the map because ganking a certain guardian from SBI has the chance to get a higher than average chance at getting a legendary precursor.

that was me.   I saw you and remembered how tasty DiE was so I ate you.  I tried to say hello but you guys declined my invite.  Feel free to meet us anytime.  I stay hungry for you.  I know about your fan club over there. I got one of the CG Fan Club membership cards off your body <3

now STOP being a brat.  before I spank you again!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users