• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shoppy

Shoppy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

I'm level 28 and have only put in 5 trait points in Marksmanship for Opening strike and have no put points in anything else. I'm really not sure what I should be focusing on. All the stats are attractive and I'm really not sure where I should be putting my points. I run Shortbow / Sword + OH weapon. I constantly change OH weapons as I have no favorite. I also use Axe MH once in a while too. Help appreciated! Thanks

#2 Buhbuhku

Buhbuhku

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

For solo you should try and use traps(spike trap/flame trap) they give you great aoe damage and spike gives you some kiting ability. For traits and such you can follow the build am using http://www.guildwars...-ranger-build/. i have been using it for awhile and i really enjoy it. It has great support in group play as well, since you have 2 fire fields/ 1 poison field/ 2 water fields/1 ethereal field. You also have three ways to grant regeneration to your team and two ways to remove conditions for your team(healing spring/healing seed). With self buffs you will be able to keep fury/swiftness/regeneration/6 stacks of might on yourself 24/7 during battle.

#3 Sakujin

Sakujin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Just throwing in my 2cents.

What worked for me in lower lvls is that I went 10 points in BM for quickness (brown bear + feline hound to tank for me) while I used flame trap and spike trap for dmg and combofield for my pets and my greatsword finnisher. My 2nd weap set was sword+warhorn(warhorn for swiftness). The next tree I ventured in was Skirmishing and then Markmanship.

At 40 I completely changed playstyle to trapper long range with shortbow, something like this: http://intothemists....6;3J;09;117;54B

Also the higher lvl you get, condition removal becomes more crucial since they usually stick on you for a pretty long time if you dont have anything to remove it, in my case my brown bear.

Edited by Sakujin, 31 December 2012 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users