• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shoppy

Shoppy

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I really havent put any points into my traits and I'm reaching lv30. I'm torn between Power,Precision, and Con. Dmg. Adding condition damage would give me toughness too so thats pretty good. And I cant get both Power and Precision so which should I be focusing on? And what about Beastmastery? is that any good?

#2 razor39999

razor39999

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2606 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[Arrr]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

As far as beastmastery goes, pets do get a LOT better the more heal power you have, but even at their best they still don't perform as well as the main damage source. A gsword or lbow build is still going to be better dps, and axe/torch + sbow is going to be a better cond damage build.

#3 Daisy Rogers

Daisy Rogers

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THF]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I've BMd from lvl 11-80. I've soloed all but two champs I've faced, and I've soloed I can't count how many group events. razor399999 is right when she states that BM will lack a bit on DPS particularly if you focus defensively like I did. But it makes up for it with a hellish ton of survivability. Who cares if it takes you an extra 5 minutes to take out a champ, solo is still solo. I haven't been able to pull it off with any other build except bunker support BM.

My two cents there.

My question to you is what do you want to focus on, if you like chucking around traps like nobodies business then I suggest condition.

If you like pew pewing bigger numbers... keep in mind that damage is split between you and the pet. together you pew pew big numbers, precision power.

Tanking like a boss while your pets make mincemeat out of everything, toughness healing and BM trait line.

In all builds I would suggest at least 15 points in BM. You will get quickness on pet swap, awesome, and you can get quickness every 15 seconds with reduced whistles, even more awesome. It will also prove invaluable with not only upping the damage output of pet, pet sturdiness, but the pet swaps will come quicker allowing you to keep yourself at full dps potential through pet swapping. It is the death of a ranger when he/she loses both pets.

#4 razor39999

razor39999

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2606 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[Arrr]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I agree about the solo survivability, but for dungeons and any other small group activity I found that a mostly knight's (power/prec/tough) build with a bit of zerker thrown in, mainly in the form of ruby jewels has almost as much survivability, with only a less powerful pet, but significantly more powerful ranger. I'm talking about a gsword build, with either 30 in the toughness line for the 30% less dmg under 25% hp trait, or a gsword build with 30 in power line and signet of the beastmaster trait.

But ye out in the open world PvE, there's nothing as satisfying as running around with 1400+ heal power and having the pet heal per second outdo pretty much all damage.

Edited by razor39999, 30 December 2012 - 12:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users