• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iNko

iNko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hello, i got some questions, i tried looking them up on google, but most of the stuff i find is very old (like 3 or more months old), so i think some of that info is outdated now..

Ok so here are my questions:

1) How long does it take for dungeons to reset? (im talking about the 1st time u enter a dungeon and get 60 tokens as a reward). Does it reset on specific time, or is it something like 24hrs after u finish the dungeon.

2) If i have 2 characters (A and  B , i enter dungeon with character A, get the 60 token reward, and then i enter the same dungeon same path with character B, will i get 60 tokens on character B aswell?

3) Dragon events, how long does it take for them to reset? Is there any website that tracks all the dragons and the spawning time?

4) For crafting legendaries, u need that 1 lvl 80 weapon (for example Dusk sword). I know that u can get it from mystic forge, but can it be dropped anywhere? if so, what are the locations of those weapons? (not just dusk)

5) I am almost done exploring wold map, only wvw map left. Is the change-server feature still free to use? If so does it has a delay on how often can i change servers?

6) Fractals. If i got 2 characters, and one of them has lvl 10 fractals, can the other character enter lvl 10 fractals or it has to start with lvl 1?

7) Is it illegal to mail gold? I want to trade my diablo3 gear for gw2 gold, could i get banned for receiving gold in mail? -_-

Thats all the questions i have atm, i might edit this thread later with more questions tho..

Thanks

Edited by iNko, 30 December 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3312 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostiNko, on 30 December 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hello, i got some questions, i tried looking them up on google, but most of the stuff i find is very old (like 3 or more months old), so i think some of that info is outdated now..

Ok so here are my questions:

1) How long does it take for dungeons to reset? (im talking about the 1st time u enter a dungeon and get 60 tokens as a reward). Does it reset on specific time, or is it something like 24hrs after u finish the dungeon.
It's a specific time, 1am for me, I live in GMT +1.

2) If i have 2 characters (A and  B , i enter dungeon with character A, get the 60 token reward, and then i enter the same dungeon same path with character B, will i get 60 tokens on character B aswell?
No, but if you do path1 and then 2 on A, and then do 1 and 2 on B, you'll get full reward every time.

3) Dragon events, how long does it take for them to reset? Is there any website that tracks all the dragons and the spawning time?
Around 3h, there is a website with the timers, don't have it though.

4) For crafting legendaries, u need that 1 lvl 80 weapon (for example Dusk sword). I know that u can get it from mystic forge, but can it be dropped anywhere? if so, what are the locations of those weapons? (not just dusk)
It can be dropped from dragon chests, and people even claimed it dropped from normal mobs in Orr, droprate is abyssmal low though.

5) I am almost done exploring wold map, only wvw map left. Is the change-server feature still free to use? If so does it has a delay on how often can i change servers?
It's free to use but there is a cooldown on it now.

6) Fractals. If i got 2 characters, and one of them has lvl 10 fractals, can the other character enter lvl 10 fractals or it has to start with lvl 1?
Progress in fractals is character bound sadly enough.

7) Is it illegal to mail gold? I want to trade my diablo3 gear for gw2 gold, could i get banned for receiving gold in mail? -_-
Yes it is illegal, but honestly, if it is done in small amounts I don't think they could track it.

Thats all the questions i have atm, i might edit this thread later with more questions tho..

Thanks

Edited by Gilles VI, 30 December 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#3 iNko

iNko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thank you, ill try to look for that dragon tracking website :)

also have some more questions about salvaging:

8) I read that u can get ectoplasms from lvl68+ rare items, what is the ~% of getting ectos from under 80 lvl rares? is it even worth salvaging under 80 lvl rares?

9) Salvaging blue, gree, white, is it worth it? i know lvl80 whites can give lvl400 mats, do ppl salvage these items with yellow salvage kits, or use the gree/blue ones?

#4 Just Horus

Just Horus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Gilles VI is incorrect about 2. Path rewards are based on the character so you wouldn't need to do another path to somehow reset rewards (at least that is what I assume he means by the path 1 and 2 thing). For example, if character A does AC path 1 and gets 60 tokens, I can immediately go to character B and run AC path 1 and get 60 tokens.

#5 Meow Ren

Meow Ren

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BHG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

#3:  Try this site for dragon event timers.

#5: free server transfers are now limited to once every seven days.

#8: imo, there is a certain amount of statistical randomness to salvaging lvl 68-70-something rares for ectos and other rare mats.  Opinions and experiences with this vary.  It also depends on whether you also want to also get a rune or sigil off that rare item...sometimes the upgrade is worth more than the possible ectos.

#9:  personally, I use the basic or crude salvage kits on white/blue/green drops purely to get crafting mats (basically any crafting mats, not just the tier 6 ones).  If the green is a silver or more though I'll check the Trading Post to see if it's worth the 10% listing and sale fees.  Otherwise it's merch fodder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users