Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Fractal Weapons should be able to be transformed into one another

fractal weapons

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 maraxusofk

maraxusofk

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

If we aren't gonna change them into being available to be sold, then we should get a mystic forge recipe to transform one into another. Getting a staff as a warrior when you want anything else sucks. The drop rates for one is low, and having its usability up for rng as well is poor design.

#2 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Yup this is one of the perfect examples where Anet designed drops bad..
We can only hope they make them account bound, like they did with dungeon tokens.

#3 killkill85

killkill85

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

That's actually a great idea,maybe a recipe to turn them into some sort of "fractal randomizer" that,when used,has some cool little transformy animation and becomes a random different weapon.
Although you could just keep the staff in your bank and give it to one of your alts who could use it.

#4 cookieeater1

cookieeater1

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Postkillkill85, on 30 December 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

That's actually a great idea,maybe a recipe to turn them into some sort of "fractal randomizer" that,when used,has some cool little transformy animation and becomes a random different weapon.
Although you could just keep the staff in your bank and give it to one of your alts who could use it.
This boils down to RNG again. I think the OP wanted a system where he could get the skin he desired guaranteed.

View PostGilles VI, on 30 December 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Yup this is one of the perfect examples where Anet designed drops bad..
We can only hope they make them account bound, like they did with dungeon tokens.
Fractal weapons are account bound anyway.

OT: To be honest this is a bit like ascended rings and, most likely, if they introduced an MF recipe it would require 3*250 t6 mats

Edited by cookieeater1, 30 December 2012 - 12:04 PM.


#5 maraxusofk

maraxusofk

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

or 50 of an ori part, 50 mystic coins, and 1 eldritch scroll. That sounds quite reasonable.

#6 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

View Postcookieeater1, on 30 December 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:


Fractal weapons are account bound anyway.

OT: To be honest this is a bit like ascended rings and, most likely, if they introduced an MF recipe it would require 3*250 t6 mats

I don't understand why OP is complaining then, just give them to an alt or so.

#7 Menehune

Menehune

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 500 posts
  • Location:Germany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 30 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I don't understand why OP is complaining then, just give them to an alt or so.

I can understand OP as not everyone likes to roll alts. Could be that OP's main is his only character and he doesn't want to create alts? Before GW, I only ever had one character. Yes, GW made me an altoholic. Damn pushers at ArenaNet. :P

#8 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostMenehune, on 30 December 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

I can understand OP as not everyone likes to roll alts. Could be that OP's main is his only character and he doesn't want to create alts? Before GW, I only ever had one character. Yes, GW made me an altoholic. Damn pushers at ArenaNet. :P

True alts in other MMO's are a pain, but in GW,&2cthey're an advantage to have. :)

#9 Just Horus

Just Horus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

If the OP wants a usable weapon for his guardian, exactly how is giving it to his alt a solution. Seriously wtf...

#10 Fizzypop

Fizzypop

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 738 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

I have no idea why they made these items account bound at all. Anet said they wanted everyone to have a way to get ascended items yet you have to do this one instance. Making them sellable would solve that problem plus the problem with getting a useless drop at least you could get some $$ and buy what you wanted. Easy solution.

#11 Darkobra

Darkobra

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1366 posts
  • Location:Scotland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostFizzypop, on 30 December 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

I have no idea why they made these items account bound at all. Anet said they wanted everyone to have a way to get ascended items yet you have to do this one instance. Making them sellable would solve that problem plus the problem with getting a useless drop at least you could get some $$ and buy what you wanted. Easy solution.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. The Fractals Weapons are literally just skins. They have no attributes or sigils. You're meant to just use a fine transmutation stone to transfer the skin to a weapon you currently use.

#12 Fizzypop

Fizzypop

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 738 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostDarkobra, on 30 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I think there's a misunderstanding here. The Fractals Weapons are literally just skins. They have no attributes or sigils. You're meant to just use a fine transmutation stone to transfer the skin to a weapon you currently use.

Ah didn't know that have yet to step foot into fractals, but still same solution would work. Other weapon skins are sellable so why aren't these? Have they buffed legendaries yet? I guess I thought the weapons came with the lost shores update.

eta: autocorrect makes odd spelling choices.

Edited by Fizzypop, 30 December 2012 - 09:50 PM.


#13 maraxusofk

maraxusofk

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostGilles VI, on 30 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I don't understand why OP is complaining then, just give them to an alt or so.

The issue is that not everyone makes a ton of alts. There are quite a few who decide to work or fully outfit one main character (such as those with legendaries.)

#14 Flavvor

Flavvor

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 608 posts
  • Location:FL, USA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Anet wants you to run the Frac multi[ple times not just once to get what you want. It's an MMO so you shouldn't get everything the first run. That's basic mmo 101. I swear people fell so entitled these days. . Go play a one player game  not an mmo. To many people whine on these forums.

Edited by unraveled, 31 December 2012 - 06:38 AM.
Removed unecessary commentary.


#15 Green

Green

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 249 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

View Postkillkill85, on 30 December 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

That's actually a great idea,maybe a recipe to turn them into some sort of "fractal randomizer" that,when used,has some cool little transformy animation and becomes a random different weapon.
Although you could just keep the staff in your bank and give it to one of your alts who could use it.

I think making them account bound is the way to go. Anything that involves the Mystic Forge is a bad idea IMO.

#16 sanctuaire

sanctuaire

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

same with ascended rings. hope we can do something with those ones we weren't needing. (stat-wise)
being random is one thing, not being able to do much with the ones you got that won't use is another

.

#17 Green

Green

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 249 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostFlavvor, on 31 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Anet wants you to run the Frac multi[ple times not just once to get what you want. It's an MMO so you shouldn't get everything the first run. That's basic mmo 101. I swear people fell so entitled these days. . Go play a one player game  not an mmo. To many people whine on these forums.

The OP is not whining, nor anyone else who has a legitmate concern and poses a solution to the issue.  Whining is when one simply complains with no suggestions on how to remedy the situation.

Your whine that people whine too much on these forums makes my point perfectly. lol

Its obvious you dont know what your talking about. No one gets a fractal weapon on their first run, they are available after level 20+.

Edited by unraveled, 31 December 2012 - 06:39 AM.
Amended quote.


#18 Green

Green

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 249 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

View Postsanctuaire, on 31 December 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

same with ascended rings. hope we can do something with those ones we weren't needing. (stat-wise)
being random is one thing, not being able to do much with the ones you got that won't use is another

Would be nice yes, but Anet already addressed this by making rings purchaseable with that new type of daily fractal chest reward of 10 Pristine Fractal Relics.

#19 sanctuaire

sanctuaire

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostGreen, on 31 December 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

Would be nice yes, but Anet already addressed this by making rings purchaseable with that new type of daily fractal chest reward of 10 Pristine Fractal Relics.

perhaps not quite.
the update made your selection of rings less random,
gives you the choice of saving up for the one you really wanted,
but doesn't let you sell/ salvage/ throw in the forge the unwanted ones
you previously got randomly.

.

#20 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3317 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostFlavvor, on 31 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Anet wants you to run the Frac multi[ple times not just once to get what you want. It's an MMO so you shouldn't get everything the first run. That's basic mmo 101. I swear people fell so entitled these days. . Go play a one player game  not an mmo. To many people whine on these forums.

I really wish the term MMO stood for a massively multiplayer online game rather than this sort of shit. A game that was online and where you could interact with other players, but one that didn't need to rely on kicking players in the nuts.
I guess that's why MMOs will actually never be good games.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users