9 replies to this topic

#1 Kuskah

Kuskah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

This is what I came up with: http://gw2skills.net...gxCjDGJMrFGVMDA

It's all just theory crafting, my Necro isn't even 80 yet. It seems, however, pretty solid to me. I'm pretty new to Necro though, so I'm looking for opinions of some more experienced Necros. All your help appreciated!

#2 Ehragus

Ehragus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Looks solid. 30 curses and your pretty good to go. All other traits are just personal preference..

Edited by Ehragus, 30 December 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#3 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Something to note, if your using that calculator only use 1 gem as you only have access to one in PVP & they are about as powerful as all your gems combined would be in PVE.

Also your toughness is incredibly low. This will make you drop like a rock if a couple targets get on you at once

Lastly your using an on crit sigil but have extremely low crit chance, I would instead grab sigil of battle, sigil of leeching or sigil of doom.

#4 Kuskah

Kuskah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostZCKS, on 01 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

Something to note, if your using that calculator only use 1 gem as you only have access to one in PVP & they are about as powerful as all your gems combined would be in PVE.

Also your toughness is incredibly low. This will make you drop like a rock if a couple targets get on you at once

Lastly your using an on crit sigil but have extremely low crit chance, I would instead grab sigil of battle, sigil of leeching or sigil of doom.

Thanks for the info about the gems. What would you suggest to do to deal with the Toughness thing?

#5 Shadow209

Shadow209

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Get equipment with rabid stats. It gives you the same amount of condition damage, carrion would, but instead of vitality and power it provides you toughness and precision. Necro already has a high amount of vitality, so you don't need more, but toughness is much needed. Also this increases your precision and makes your on-crit sigil trigger more frequent.

For a condition necro rabid is the prefect armor, however it's hard to get. You can get exotic armor and weapons with rabid stats from dungeons (CM, TA, HotW and Arah), but trinkets are expensive. The exotic ones are: Colossus Fang (amulet, 3g on TP), Tortured Root (accessory, 12g on TP) and Plague (ring, 32g on TP).

I suggest, you buy the Colossus Fang and rare grade rings and accessory (Book of Rabid Deeds and Rabid Ring).
Then get Tortured Roots later, if you have the gold for it and don't want to spend it on something else. For the rings I'd play fractals and get the ascended ones. In the mean time the rares are just fine.

#6 Sieghildr

Sieghildr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

A few karma armor slots also have Rabid stats, but not all. So you can plan ahead to work on dungeon armor for the slots that karma can't fulfill.

#7 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostShadow209, on 02 January 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

Get equipment with rabid stats. It gives you the same amount of condition damage, carrion would, but instead of vitality and power it provides you toughness and precision. Necro already has a high amount of vitality, so you don't need more, but toughness is much needed. Also this increases your precision and makes your on-crit sigil trigger more frequent.

For a condition necro rabid is the prefect armor, however it's hard to get. You can get exotic armor and weapons with rabid stats from dungeons (CM, TA, HotW and Arah), but trinkets are expensive. The exotic ones are: Colossus Fang (amulet, 3g on TP), Tortured Root (accessory, 12g on TP) and Plague (ring, 32g on TP).

This ^ it will also make your first minor in curses trigger allot more often.

Also if you find yourself doing allot of gathering of mats while soloing/questing then it shouldn't take too long to gather the mats needed for a jeweler to make rings/trinkets for you.
For help I would suggest checking out the forge thread for where mat spawns are on your server.

#8 Kuskah

Kuskah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I was thinking a combination of both actually. Going Rabid armor and Carrion trinkets. Do you think it would work or would I be just spreading myself too thin?

#9 Shadow209

Shadow209

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Well, the primary stat of both rabid and carrion is condition damage, so it would work, but full rabid is simply better. For a necro toughness is better, than vitality. You have lots of condition removal and around 20k HP and your healing skill heals for only so much. There's no reason to get more vitality. Toughness on the other hand really helps, since necro havs only light armor.

Power increases your damage, but it's not worth it, since scepter does almost all of it's damage via conditions. The same applies to the Staff, basically. Staff [1] does a bit more damage, but it's not worth it, since you shouldn't be using it too often.

Precision on the other hand really increases your cond dmg, since you inflict more bleeds from the sigill (and the minor trait, but that only lasts for 1 tick anyway)

Also the prices for rabid exotics will go down, because the recipes for these drop in dungeons. People are constantly running these dungeons, which means the supply will go up, while the demand won't change too much, so the price has to go down.

#10 Reverse Ghost

Reverse Ghost

Horrors Persist

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 201 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostKuskah, on 06 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I was thinking a combination of both actually. Going Rabid armor and Carrion trinkets. Do you think it would work or would I be just spreading myself too thin?

If you haven't already, take a look at Lopez's section on gear. If you're going for a pure conditions build, Rabid gear plus Runes of the Undead will get you the highest possible bleed ticks.

In your build there you go 20 points into Spite. If you put 10 more points in you can do some interesting things with Condition Duration. I will now shamelessly plug my own thread here that offers some tips and tricks to do with bleeding and duration.

If you plan to do a lot of group play and are worried about the bleed cap, then you may want to go with full Rabid plus Undead runes to get the most damage out of each tick you do manage to apply. If you don't have to worry about hitting the bleed cap that often, going Condition Duration will get you a lot more overall damage from bleeds. And if you go 30 points into Spite as one way to get that duration, you should consider a hybrid Power / Condition build, also talked about in my thread (not much at the moment, but I'll be adding to it).

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users