Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Thief need Help, desperately, sexually confused!


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I don't know whether I want to be female or male. I have full T3, I like it as male and female.

I'm a male irl so I kinda prefer being a male in-game. Never really got into the "female ass" bandwagon.

The issue I have with T3 on male is the boots, and how it dyes horribly with abyss. What I hate about T3 on female is how common and un-original it is, under-boob is great and all but you see it everywhere. There's no distinction, there used to be, when few people had the gold, sadly that just isn't the case anymore.

I need some help, suggest alternate armor, suggest alternate dye schemes, post screenshots. Idk, just help me make up my mind. Male or Female, T3? Mix? Black? what?!

Too many options and it's driving me insane.

Currently got Svanir Legs, and Duelist boots, Rest of T3. Best combo so far.

Edited by The Shadow, 30 December 2012 - 09:24 PM.


#2 Khlaw

Khlaw

    Vanguard Scout

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 209 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PoE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

There comes a time in every male adolescent thief's life when you suddenly find yourself standing there looking down with a dagger in you hand thinking "these tights would look better without that bulge".

Not sure what to say.  I have a female necro.  Some of my other characters got created as female, played for a couple of levels, and re-rolled as male.  I just have a hard time identifying with a female character.  Not sure why since it's only aesthetics - it just seems odd.

Edit: One thing to consider - ANET will most certainly be adding new armor skins as the game evolves.  It might be unwise to develop a look around a specific armor skin, only to have something better and completely different come along later.

Edited by Khlaw, 30 December 2012 - 07:21 PM.


#3 Gremlin

Gremlin

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Its not that important in this game so go with what looks best.

now in a tabletop rpg I find when running female characters I have an advantage

#4 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostGremlin, on 30 December 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Its not that important in this game so go with what looks best.

now in a tabletop rpg I find when running female characters I have an advantage

I'm struggling to find what looks best.


View PostKhlaw, on 30 December 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

There comes a time in every male adolescent thief's life when you suddenly find yourself standing there looking down with a dagger in you hand thinking "these tights would look better without that bulge".

Not sure what to say.  I have a female necro.  Some of my other characters got created as female, played for a couple of levels, and re-rolled as male.  I just have a hard time identifying with a female character.  Not sure why since it's only aesthetics - it just seems odd.

Edit: One thing to consider - ANET will most certainly be adding new armor skins as the game evolves.  It might be unwise to develop a look around a specific armor skin, only to have something better and completely different come along later.

It's a fair point, but if newer better skins come out I'll get them cause I'm not afraid to grind for shinies. But until such time, I'd like to enjoy what I can :P

#5 Khlaw

Khlaw

    Vanguard Scout

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 209 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PoE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostThe Shadow, on 30 December 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:



I'm struggling to find what looks best.




It's a fair point, but if newer better skins come out I'll get them cause I'm not afraid to grind for shinies. But until such time, I'd like to enjoy what I can :P
yeah, I guess my point was more, if you roll female because T3 looks better on a female, what happens when the next tier looks better to you on a male?

#6 Fizzypop

Fizzypop

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 738 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Roll a male. If that's what you normally like to play then play it. I wouldn't make sex choices based on how one set of armor looks or any really. Though one upside to males is you can make your character look like they stepped out of assassin's creed. Not really that great looking on the females.

#7 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostFizzypop, on 30 December 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Roll a male. If that's what you normally like to play then play it. I wouldn't make sex choices based on how one set of armor looks or any really. Though one upside to males is you can make your character look like they stepped out of assassin's creed. Not really that great looking on the females.

Looking like Altair isn't cool when everyone does it. It just becomes over-done. Too much of a good thing :P

View PostKhlaw, on 30 December 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

yeah, I guess my point was more, if you roll female because T3 looks better on a female, what happens when the next tier looks better to you on a male?

Make-over kits are very affordable (thank god), if that were to happen, I'd just sex change, so it's not a massive issue for me.

#8 JasmineMcCoy

JasmineMcCoy

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Oota]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Probably the easiest solution would be to choose a different pair of boots for your male thief - if those are the only reason you dislike it.

#9 Ehragus

Ehragus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 152 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

I made a female characters once. Got to level 3 and then rerolled male.
But, I have a friend that thinks the other way around. He only roll female characters.

So I guess its only about personal preference, but if you ask me i would say male.

Edited by Ehragus, 30 December 2012 - 09:10 PM.


#10 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostJasmineMcCoy, on 30 December 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Probably the easiest solution would be to choose a different pair of boots for your male thief - if those are the only reason you dislike it.

Name a few boots?

The other issue is dye, abyss doesn't look good on it. What would? there are so many different dyes I don't wanna go buying them all then trying the millions of combinatons, I'd be there for yonks.

#11 Ehragus

Ehragus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 152 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostXephyr, on 21 December 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

I bought a makeover pack and I decided I didnt want a female thief anymore.. I know I know.. Super original.. But I like him! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stay male, go for assassins creed look!

#12 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Well this is me atm:

Posted Image

#13 Fizzypop

Fizzypop

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 738 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

I love the full on beard. I don't see enough males running around with one :(

#14 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostFizzypop, on 30 December 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

I love the full on beard. I don't see enough males running around with one :(

Well I haz beard irl, sadly not as flufy as it is in-game, it'd be an injustice to it (and probably hurt it's feelings) if I didn't at least somewhat commemorate it. :P

#15 Wifflebottom

Wifflebottom

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 493 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SOL]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Male, I'm sure that at least 70% of all thieves in the game are female humans. And out of that 40% of them are wearing the underboob armor and the rest are wearing the duelist armor.
Here's some non-Altair human male thieves from the Thief thread that I think look really cool:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostWifflebottom, on 30 December 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Male, I'm sure that at least 70% of all thieves in the game are female humans. And out of that 40% of them are wearing the underboob armor and the rest are wearing the duelist armor.
Here's some non-Altair human male thieves from the Thief thread that I think look really cool:

I noticed these pictures too in the Thief thread.

The top is my favorite looking Thief ever screen-shotted. Except the boots. The bottom one is a close second though

What I really like is how they make their armor look like it's armor, like, y'know, reflecty metal shit, not cloth paddy rubbish.

The thing is, I've previewed these armor sets in-game and they never look quite as good as they do in the screens, and maybe that's cause I play on medium as opposed to ultra-high or maybe it's because I have no idea what dye they used and am just guessing, but I simply can't, for the life of me, get the stuff to look as good despite knowing what armor it is they wear and have a general idea of the dye.

#17 Wifflebottom

Wifflebottom

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 493 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SOL]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostThe Shadow, on 30 December 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

I noticed these pictures too in the Thief thread.

The top is my favorite looking Thief ever screen-shotted. Except the boots. The bottom one is a close second though

What I really like is how they make their armor look like it's armor, like, y'know, reflecty metal shit, not cloth paddy rubbish.

The thing is, I've previewed these armor sets in-game and they never look quite as good as they do in the screens, and maybe that's cause I play on medium as opposed to ultra-high or maybe it's because I have no idea what dye they used and am just guessing, but I simply can't, for the life of me, get the stuff to look as good despite knowing what armor it is they wear and have a general idea of the dye.
The lighting in the preview window is always a little weird, like the second picture I posted doesn't look like it's reflecting much light but ingame some parts of it do reflect light
Posted Image

#18 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostWifflebottom, on 30 December 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

The lighting in the preview window is always a little weird, like the second picture I posted doesn't look like it's reflecting much light but ingame some parts of it do reflect light

That looks pretty epic actually.

I think it's all about dye combos. I can't seem to find any that work, because black is always 'safe'. You can't go wrong with it. I'd love some suggestions though.

#19 Elysen

Elysen

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 410 posts
  • Location:England.
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostThe Shadow, on 30 December 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

...The issue I have with T3 on male is the boots...

Who says you have to wear T3 boots? Some of the best looking armor is a mixture of sets as proven by this thread.

View PostWifflebottom, on 30 December 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm sure that at least 70% of all thieves in the game are female humans. And out of that 40% of them are wearing the underboob armor and the rest are wearing the duelist armor.

Sadly this is true. It's such a shame I hate playing as "fictional" races so, regrettably, I fit into that 70% somewhere.

On another note, I've seen the word "Altair" thrown around on a lot of Thief pictures. What's that?

Edited by Xephenon, 31 December 2012 - 12:34 AM.


#20 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostXephenon, on 31 December 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Who says you have to wear one armor set? Some of the best looking armor is a mixture of sets as proven by this thread.



Sadly this is true. It's such a shame I hate playing as "fictional" races so, regrettably, I fit into that 70% somewhere.

Well, the T3 legs just look like silly shorts without the T3 Boots. And no other boot is long enough to cover the remainder of your leg. It's not the same as the female variant where the tights do your whole leg. I like the shorts, but can't find boots to match, same set or not.

I'm all up for mix and matching. It's just annoying because different armors dyed with the same dye end up having different hues. And all mix and matching results in some amount of clipping. GW2's armors in general are clippy, same sets too.

#21 Wifflebottom

Wifflebottom

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 493 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SOL]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostXephenon, on 31 December 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Who says you have to wear one armor set? Some of the best looking armor is a mixture of sets as proven by this thread.



Sadly this is true. It's such a shame I hate playing as "fictional" races so, regrettably, I fit into that 70% somewhere.

On another note, I've seen the word "Altair" thrown around on a lot of Thief pictures. What's that?
This guy from a video game called Assassin's Creed
Posted Image

#22 Ioseph

Ioseph

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Location:Wales, UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Oops]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

The underboob armour is nice, but overused somewhat imo.
I'd go for male, and I'm not saying that because my main character is a male thief.

#23 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

if you really care so much that too many people have underboob over what you like, then stay male.  

Personally I just pick what I like, I don't really care what everyone else has.  The game is for my enjoyment, not to show off to other people I'll never meet ever.

#24 Xephyr

Xephyr

    Fashion Addict

  • Members
  • 422 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[Syn]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

View Postmatsif, on 31 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

if you really care so much that too many people have underboob over what you like, then stay male.  

Personally I just pick what I like, I don't really care what everyone else has.  The game is for my enjoyment, not to show off to other people I'll never meet ever.

^This. Use whatever YOU like, doesn't matter if 91029859345 people also uses it as long as you like it.

#25 Tetan0

Tetan0

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Real man Roll Charr bro. Like how my Charr thief looks in PvP and racial medium for charrs not bad at all.

#26 The Shadow

The Shadow

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostTetan0, on 31 December 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Real man Roll Charr bro. Like how my Charr thief looks in PvP and racial medium for charrs not bad at all.

I like the way Charr medium T3 looks.

I don't really like the way Charr look though, I mean they're essentially.. feline cows?

The way they move is quite disconcerting and they don't feel very agile at all.

I have a Charr Thief just for SPvP though. Don't see myself realistically leveling and gearing a third Thief though. Yes I already have two. Yes I'm silly.

#27 Rhododendron

Rhododendron

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 779 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Roll a female, less chances to leave GW2 because players keep to themselves that way.

#28 Eelde

Eelde

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

The prevalence of underboob in GW2 vs Real life is like 100000000000000000000000:1.

If you have underboob irl, you're doing something wrong.

If you have underboob in GW2, you're a Thief.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users