Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 1 votes

Blackgate Server need you! (NA/EU/Oceanic)

blackgate guild war 2 wvw

  • Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 PntNlul

PntNlul

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Location:Home
  • Guild Tag:[sOLo]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

What time is the best to transfer, been full all day.  PM if you know a trick.  Thank.

#62 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

View PostPntNlul, on 20 January 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

What time is the best to transfer, been full all day.  PM if you know a trick.  Thank.
GMT+7 10pm-3am usually do the trick. I also see GMT+7 4pm-6pm very high lately.

#63 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Blackgate is NOW VERY HIGH. It's your chance to move now!

Timespot that usually very high
GMT+7 9am-11am (EU goes to sleep)
GMT+7 3pm-5pm (Oceanic time)
GMT+7 9pm-3an (Dunno the reason but the transfer chance is always there)

#64 Vihar

Vihar

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Boston
  • Guild Tag:[Rage]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

I just want to thank BG for the visit to our guild and recruitment effort.

   Riven was a class act, and if he is a reflection of the community here, then I would endorse BG for anyone looking to move.

  For us, we have already narrowed our choices and voting underway, so it was just bad timing.

   Best of luck BG.

#65 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostVihar, on 20 January 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

I just want to thank BG for the visit to our guild and recruitment effort.

   Riven was a class act, and if he is a reflection of the community here, then I would endorse BG for anyone looking to move.

  For us, we have already narrowed our choices and voting underway, so it was just bad timing.

   Best of luck BG.
Thank you for your kind words. Riven is one of the most charisma/talented commander/guild leader we have in Blackgate. If you ever change your mind, Blackgate is one of the best option for you. I'm sure you will find it easier to transfer to Blackgate than other tier1's server. (cause i never seen SoS/JQ very high unless the cap is raised for all server)

#66 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Blackgate just turned very high 10 minutes ago (with 10min time gap starting at 1.30am GMT+7) so yea my time gap is pretty accurate :) So if anyone still suffer from the transfer, look for the transfer window, here is the timeslot that usually seen as “very high”:
10pm – 2am GMT+7
6am – 9am GMT+7
3pm – 5pm GMT+7


We still need a lot more NA/EU/Oceanic/SEA to strengthen our coverage against tier1’s opponent. Any question about Blackgate feel free to pm me here or in game. (Nirvii)

#67 zj12345

zj12345

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Cheers to Blackgate! The only server that has managed to survive dropping out of T1 for extended periods of time without imploding as a server. I believe a big factor is that they never thought of their server as having a right to be in T1, unlike so many people from SBI. I hope JQ (and possibly SoS, although they haven't been in T1 as long) learns this lesson as well.

I hope your server never ever dominates T1, not as a curse, but because winning T1 is poisonous for a server. Even staying in T1 can be poisonous to a lesser degree.

Every time a server wins or stays in T1, the ego of some members of that server will inflate. Those members delude themselves into thinking they are the best PvPers this game has ever seen. That they deserve to be in T1. That lower tiers are beneath their notice. It will also attract other people that think they have a right to be in T1 to the server. The strength of the server becomes stronger with the influx of numbers, resulting in a further inflation of egos.

When the inevitable happens and a server starts to weaken in strength (nothing is forever) and maybe even drop out of T1, those that switched to the server will be highly likely to continue jumping to another server. The first time you hop servers is always the hardest, after that the decision becomes much easier. Even worse, those that were originally from the server and have had their egos inflated will scatter as well, jumping to another T1 server or a server that they believe will reach T1. Only a small minority are able to adjust their expectations and stay to fight in the lower tiers while the server regroups.

So once again cheers to Blackgate! And may you drop out of T1 (not permanently of course) before the same fate befalls you.

#68 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

View Postzj12345, on 21 January 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

Cheers to Blackgate! The only server that has managed to survive dropping out of T1 for extended periods of time without imploding as a server. I believe a big factor is that they never thought of their server as having a right to be in T1, unlike so many people from SBI. I hope JQ (and possibly SoS, although they haven't been in T1 as long) learns this lesson as well.

I hope your server never ever dominates T1, not as a curse, but because winning T1 is poisonous for a server. Even staying in T1 can be poisonous to a lesser degree.

Every time a server wins or stays in T1, the ego of some members of that server will inflate. Those members delude themselves into thinking they are the best PvPers this game has ever seen. That they deserve to be in T1. That lower tiers are beneath their notice. It will also attract other people that think they have a right to be in T1 to the server. The strength of the server becomes stronger with the influx of numbers, resulting in a further inflation of egos.

When the inevitable happens and a server starts to weaken in strength (nothing is forever) and maybe even drop out of T1, those that switched to the server will be highly likely to continue jumping to another server. The first time you hop servers is always the hardest, after that the decision becomes much easier. Even worse, those that were originally from the server and have had their egos inflated will scatter as well, jumping to another T1 server or a server that they believe will reach T1. Only a small minority are able to adjust their expectations and stay to fight in the lower tiers while the server regroups.

So once again cheers to Blackgate! And may you drop out of T1 (not permanently of course) before the same fate befalls you.
Thank you for your kind words! Blackgate will always give their best efford to fight regardless on numbers/coverage/or tiers. We hope that there will be guilds that want to be part of our team joining us to WvW. Evenif SoR managed to squeezed us out next two weeks, nevertheless we will be back at tier1 again with our dedicated WvW team!

#69 MrZero

MrZero

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

View Postzj12345, on 21 January 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

Cheers to Blackgate! The only server that has managed to survive dropping out of T1 for extended periods of time without imploding as a server. I believe a big factor is that they never thought of their server as having a right to be in T1, unlike so many people from SBI. I hope JQ (and possibly SoS, although they haven't been in T1 as long) learns this lesson as well.

I hope your server never ever dominates T1, not as a curse, but because winning T1 is poisonous for a server. Even staying in T1 can be poisonous to a lesser degree.

Every time a server wins or stays in T1, the ego of some members of that server will inflate. Those members delude themselves into thinking they are the best PvPers this game has ever seen. That they deserve to be in T1. That lower tiers are beneath their notice. It will also attract other people that think they have a right to be in T1 to the server. The strength of the server becomes stronger with the influx of numbers, resulting in a further inflation of egos.

When the inevitable happens and a server starts to weaken in strength (nothing is forever) and maybe even drop out of T1, those that switched to the server will be highly likely to continue jumping to another server. The first time you hop servers is always the hardest, after that the decision becomes much easier. Even worse, those that were originally from the server and have had their egos inflated will scatter as well, jumping to another T1 server or a server that they believe will reach T1. Only a small minority are able to adjust their expectations and stay to fight in the lower tiers while the server regroups.

So once again cheers to Blackgate! And may you drop out of T1 (not permanently of course) before the same fate befalls you.

What a blatant troll post.

BG is a great server. Plenty of guilds or players could find a good home. Some of the most awesome fights I have ever been in had "Blackgate" in the name of the people on the other side of the battlefield.

Edited by MrZero, 21 January 2013 - 09:20 AM.


#70 RivenVII

RivenVII

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 329 posts
  • Location:California
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostMrZero, on 21 January 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

BG is a great server. Plenty of guilds or players could find a good home. Some of the most awesome fights I have ever been in had "Blackgate" in the name of the people on the other side of the battlefield.

^ This thread needs more of this ;)

Testimonials from former and current opponents are always the most meaningful. They enjoyed fighting us, help us be part of why they will continue to enjoy our company. Be a patriot, go Blackgate.

#71 Aellara

Aellara

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

No matter what the wings of tomorrow carry to us, we'll always have a kickass server name!

And yah, we'll fight on and such... :D

#72 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

By the way for those who missed:
LotD Guild of Blackgate Server interview by GW2 Junkies!

Come join us! We need NA/EU/Oceanic/SEA guilds to join our server and fight together for Blackgate!

Time slot to join Blackgate:
10pm – 2am GMT+7 (Seen a 10min very high gap during 1.30am for three days straight now)
6am – 9am GMT+7
3pm – 5pm GMT+7

#73 Irony

Irony

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Cond]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I have to give mad props to the whole community for mobilizing quickly to secure transfers and provide meaningful suggestions to those looking to transfer.

Also lol @ Evoex and his lumberjack beard.

#74 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Blackgate is now very high! Grab your bag and transfer to us!

PS: We're really need more Australian guilds! (As well as any NA/EU/Oceanic interesting) Res/NOC would really glad to have any aussies on board! Come! Be our savior and win this fight together!

#75 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Guys for those guilds who looking for a new home before 28jan paid transfer, for those who hunger for wvw and do not want queues and stacked server, Blackgate is solid choice for you! Tier1 fight, awesome coverage, organized dedicated wvw alliance, this is the place for you! With most of big guilds transfer been hitting SoR JQ and SoS, blackgate still one fine choice to be move to.

if u have any question about blackgate let me know! eventhough ure just individual, i would be glad to help u figure out new guild new home in blackgate :)

#76 Kreamy

Kreamy

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NOC]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I don’t think it’s possible to overstate Nirvii’s effort in rallying new people to Blackgate, so big thanks goes out to him. The amount of collective effort I see from people on this server while remaining quality folk on and off the battlefield is a prime reason for being here. Come see for yourself people!

#77 Masamune

Masamune

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[NOC]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

As a new transfer to the Blackgate Oceanic Community, I heartily endorse this thread.

For endless gudfights, uphill battles and taking on the challenge of being the T1 underdog, join Blackgate!

#78 Straight Trill

Straight Trill

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HYFR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostNirvii, on 20 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Blackgate just turned very high 10 minutes ago (with 10min time gap starting at 1.30am GMT+7) so yea my time gap is pretty accurate :) So if anyone still suffer from the transfer, look for the transfer window, here is the timeslot that usually seen as “very high”:
10pm – 2am GMT+7
6am – 9am GMT+7
3pm – 5pm GMT+7


We still need a lot more NA/EU/Oceanic/SEA to strengthen our coverage against tier1’s opponent. Any question about Blackgate feel free to pm me here or in game. (Nirvii)

Hey, I'd like to chat with you about bringing my guild into Blackgate. I have 35+ members. Message me in-game when you get the chance please. Name is Trill.

#79 pot

pot

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 201 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

View PostStraight Trill, on 25 January 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Hey, I'd like to chat with you about bringing my guild into Blackgate. I have 35+ members. Message me in-game when you get the chance please. Name is Trill.
Were you contacted by anyone yet?

#80 RivenVII

RivenVII

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 329 posts
  • Location:California
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

View Postpot, on 26 January 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Were you contacted by anyone yet?

It's all taken care of :) Trill will be making an announcement on our community boards, but they have committed to Blackgate.

#81 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostStraight Trill, on 25 January 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Hey, I'd like to chat with you about bringing my guild into Blackgate. I have 35+ members. Message me in-game when you get the chance please. Name is Trill.
Sorry Trill that i havent get back home in time to rapidly respond to you but i think Riven did his part already :)

If there are still questions about Blackgate you can bump us in game or either PM it here.

PS: We're still looking for Australian guilds/people as well as late NA and EU to join our Blackgate server! Bored of your WvW PvDoor activities? Scare of dead WvW server? No worry, Blackgate server is always here for you to consider home!

Edited by Nirvii, 27 January 2013 - 05:21 AM.


#82 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Thai Alliance releasing the new video! Enjoy!


#83 Bodyshot Hero

Bodyshot Hero

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • Location:Spaceball One - Mega Maid
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Join Blackgate if you're looking for a great WvW home, they are a honey badger server that never gives up and fights hard until the last. Plust they need you to fight against JQ :P.

Edited by Bodyshot Hero, 27 January 2013 - 06:31 PM.


#84 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Transfer deadline is today! Come on! Jump to Blackgate to be part of this epic WvW familyPosted Image
Especially We’re still always look for more Australian people here evenif it’s individual, group of friends, or entire guilds!

#85 whoisyou

whoisyou

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Blackgate is a solid choice for anyone who loves WvW, they fight hard and never give up!
They also have a lot of good, honorable people who like to duel and will stay out of other 1v1s, much respect!

#86 Bankzilla

Bankzilla

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Blackgate has a lot of heart and go all out especially on reset, these guys lack the numbers but they make up for it with determination. These guys are a serious contender, they just lack the numbers during the week. Any guilds wanting a server that gives it's all time after time even with the least people in T1 these are your guys.

#87 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

KainengVsBGVsTC Thai Alliance Video


Enjoy! Please subscribe if u like :)

#88 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 983 posts
  • Location:Insane
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

And now, young recruitment thread... RISE!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users