#1 EphraimGlass

EphraimGlass

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YUM]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

In the topic about class balance philosophies, one of the things that came up was the notion that something needs to be done to increase the depth, complexity, and longevity of the system.  Two ideas that is often fronted are reintroducing secondary professions to the game and adding new weapons.  I'm not keen on secondary professions in GW2 and I think that new weapons are low-hanging fruit.  I wanted to start a thread for brainstorming other ideas that could serve a similar purpose.  Here are a few of the ideas that I came up with.
  • utility skills that are available to any character
  • signets with one active effect but a passive effect that varies depending on what weapon(s) are equipped
  • signets whose passive effect depends on the makeup of one's party
  • skills that create fields of more than one type simultaneously
  • skills that create finishers of more than one type

#2 stormofstatic

stormofstatic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

skills that proc different effects
skills that proc a finish cooldown of a spell
spells need to be cast in order for more dmg (like having flame shock on before lava burst)

#3 EphraimGlass

EphraimGlass

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YUM]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Here are a few more ideas:
  • skills that consume the "stacks" that are generated by some sigils for increased effect
  • skills that have an increased or different effect when a downed or defeated player is nearby
  • skills that have an increased or different effect when one's health is low
  • decoy skills that have a relatively small effect but which also have a relatively short cooldown and can mimic the animation of other skills on one's bar
  • PvE skills that have an increased effect based upon completion of various title tracks (such as "explorer" or "slayer")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users