• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Mountain That Rides

The Mountain That Rides

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hello everyone, and thank you for stopping by. Hopefully you can answer these following questions.

1. Is Tarnished Coasts an active server?
I like RP, and I want to roleplay while playing Guild Wars 2. The server I am currently does however not support this, and because of that I am thinking about changing server. After a quick Google search I found out that Tarnished Coasts is the unofficial NA roleplaying server. This will likely be my last home world switch, so I want to be sure before actually, you know, switching... Also since it's unofficial  about how many percent of the active inhabitants are actually roleplayers?

2. Is there an European roleplaying server?
I'm asking since I live in Europe (Sweden), and if so, what language is spoken? The trouble with European servers is that the spoken language differs while on North American servers, the language stays the same (obviously). I also wonder how my latency will be on an American server, as well as which server is bigger; Tarnished Coats or it's European equivalent?

3. Are there any roleplaying guilds?
And if so, can you name out the major ones?

#2 coldredhands

coldredhands

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

1. Tarnished Coast as a lot of RP, I believe even more than the European equivalent. You're pretty much guaranteed to find RPers in Divinity's Reach taverns/inns at any time of day, and on most nights I see people RPing out in places like Queensdale, Caledon Forest, etc. During peak hours it's almost hard to get away from. I don't ever log in and not see RP somewhere. But as to an actual percentage, I couldn't tell you. EDIT: As for being active in general, I don't ever feel alone except on off-hours...

2. There is a European (unofficial) RP server. It's Piken Square. The commonly spoken language is English so far as I know. Tarnished Coast appears to have a larger population of roleplayers, but that's unconfirmed. However, there are Europeans playing on TC and North Americans playing on PS and the consensus from them generally seems to be that latency is not a problem. I myself played on TC while connecting from the UK never experienced any problems.

3. There are so many roleplaying guilds I can't even count them. You can find almost the entirety of the roleplaying community collected on GW2RP.org and browse the guild recruitment forums yourself. I'd recommend going there to learn about the community as a whole! It's a very useful site.

If I may add - I think TC is a great server for anyone who likes RP, but since you are in Europe you may run into a problem where you're asleep during peak hours and awake during low traffic times. But then, if you have an unusual schedule you may not run into this problem.

Edited by coldredhands, 01 January 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#3 The Mountain That Rides

The Mountain That Rides

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for answering :). I'm happy to say that I have indeed made the switch by now.

Edited by The Mountain That Rides, 01 January 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#4 Craywulf

Craywulf

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5268 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I started on TC and enjoyed it. A couple of guildies asked me to switch to Anvil Rock and it was okay. I recently switched back to TC and it was like going home again. It's one the best PvE servers I been on. Very friendly and easy to find a pug if you know where the roleplay hangouts are, which are typically in taverns of major cities, especially Lions Arch. A lot nice people that are hoot to play with.

#5 The Mountain That Rides

The Mountain That Rides

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, about that. Where is the best place to quickly get into a roleplaying guild? Are there any "hotspots"?

#6 Little Bird

Little Bird

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

http://www.guildwars...layers.com/home

this might be a helpful resource!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users