• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kanaxais_scythe

kanaxais_scythe

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

When signing up for the game it prompts for a display name, most people would mean this has to be unique so we enter anything to bypass it, this is not knowing Anet adds random numbers to the end. There have even been stories of people who entered all or part of their serial number into that field.

Initially Anet stated there was plans to allow this to be changed but now state there is no plans and unless there is huge community input they wont add it. Even support refuses to change it upon request which seems wrong. I can understand if there was a post ont he forums perhaps but some like myself never use them so it should not be a big deal.

This thread is to get the word out there about how Anet backed out on their word and I do have numerous support mails to prove this. I would like the community to stand up and suggest this feature, even if it costs gems, to be implemented into the game or at least the website.

Alternately havign the display name hidden ingame if that is more feasible.

#2 HawkofStorms

HawkofStorms

Guru's Source of Witty Banter

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

I think it's fairly clear what it is when you make it.

But, yeah, you should certainly be allowed to change it somehow through support.

#3 kanaxais_scythe

kanaxais_scythe

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I think even a one time change is more than sufficient for most people. Or they could implement say a once a month or once a year change to keep it from being swapped ALL the time on a whim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users