• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

what is the epitome of a d/d elementalist bunker?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flooth

Flooth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Looking for a build with runes/ammy recommendations.

Hook me up please! Happy new year

#2 Humungous

Humungous

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

spvp or wvw?

wvw is a few threads down, and also works very well in spvp. But I'd not call it a bunker quite, because it relies on mobility, so it's pretty easy to neutralize the point from under it. It also wants to break line of sight constantly (i.e. slow the fight down, leverage regen and PBAoE).

#3 Flooth

Flooth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

spvp of course

#4 Lazarast

Lazarast

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Server:Baruch Bay

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

You need armour and you need healing power. The most spells and effects that heal you, the better. Utilities are normally cantrips.

#5 Humungous

Humungous

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I can't speak to the proper "bunker" build for spvp, as I play the same build in spvp as I do in wvw, and I wouldn't call it a bunker due to the fact that it relies so heavily on breaking line of sight. Also, I see most bunker builds running armor of earth, which I don't use.

So with those caveats, I use a build that I believe is basically the excala build. I could be wrong, as I'm guessing at some of it:

0/10/0/30/30
Air - I
Water - III, V, XI
Arcane - V, VI, XI

Soldier's/Cleric's for amulet/jewel. Soldier's is better vs burst, Cleric's is better in sustained fights. For the WvW build, it's majority soldier's, but more cleric's than just the jewel gives, so you can't exactly match the mix in spvp.

Runes are Superior Monk x2, Superior Water x2, and IDK for the next two, as I use major monk's in wvw :) I've been playing with options in spvp, currently running a pair that gives me 20% longer might.

Sigils are also a good place to play around. Condition Damage stacks is a great one, given how long you can stay up, meanwhile getting lots of kill credits due to your AoE. After that, Battle and Hydromancy are the two most attractive options, imo. I think for spvp, I'd go with Battle. For WvW, your AOE CC chains are hugely important, so Hydromancy is a more natural fit, I think.

Utilities are Flash, Mist, and either Armor of Earth or Cleansing Flame. I prefer the latter, as I find condition damage to be my bane much more than knockdowns, etc... OTOH, I don't play as a bunker, but as a highly-mobile tanky DPS, so stability isn't key for my playstyle.

Elite is whatever. Elemental seems best.

Hopefully, a legitimate bunker player can chime in. In the meantime, my take on Excala's build should get you started. It is by FAR the most fun class I've played, and I've played everything but Ranger and Engineer (I've heard Engineer rivals this build in terms of intensity of play).

Edited by Humungous, 03 January 2013 - 05:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users