JulianCasablancas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MARR]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Hello everyone,

It appears that Orr is dead on my server (Crystal Desert for the week, but usually Isle of Janthir). As such it is quite difficult to get all the exploring done for map completion. This thread is for fellow explorers who wish to complete Orr in a more reasonable manner, ie a group instead of soloing. For example (just off the top of my head), there is one Skill Point that is nearly impossible to obtain when soloing in cursed shore due to the veteran AND champion that stands right next to it, each with a CC ability (it's a Commune SP so you can't get hit).

Basically everyone that is interested just post your info in this thread, including server and what times you can play. Obviously this is not only for me, and since there are so many servers I wish everyone luck in finding your party! As for me, I can play pretty much any time for the next 5 days. Character name Saint Cresselia.

If this is in the wrong section mods please move it, I am posting it here as TA gets the most traffic. Thanks!

#2 Doki20

Doki20

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostJulianCasablancas, on 02 January 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

...there is one Skill Point that is nearly impossible to obtain when soloing in cursed shore due to the veteran AND champion that stands right next to it, each with a CC ability (it's a Commune SP so you can't get hit)....

Nevermind, I thought you talk about another SP so my advice is non-working.

Edited by Doki20, 02 January 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#3 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

ash legion spy kits allowed me to do it all by myself.  FA is similar in most of orr being empty, and I thought it was going to be a pain, but spy kits seriously saved the day.  I probably used more than I needed to, but they are like 28 karma each and I had a stack of them.

#4 iceblue

iceblue

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

View Postmatsif, on 02 January 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

ash legion spy kits allowed me to do it all by myself.  FA is similar in most of orr being empty, and I thought it was going to be a pain, but spy kits seriously saved the day.  I probably used more than I needed to, but they are like 28 karma each and I had a stack of them.

And the point of playing an MMO is...... play by yourself?

Post in GW2LFG.com under other -> specify in comments with your server name. Meanwhile, petition ArenaNet to bring back the Search party feature from GW1.

#5 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Posticeblue, on 02 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Post in GW2LFG.com under other -> specify in comments with your server name. Meanwhile, petition ArenaNet to bring back the Search party feature from GW1.

GW2LFG can't help much in this case.  Guesting is not implemented yet and this skill challenge is not in an instance.  He needs someone to be already in the same server as he is to help out and GW2LFG has no entry for server, besides putting the server name in the comments section like you said.

This is one case where we need guesting badly.

Edited by Daesu, 02 January 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#6 Mura

Mura

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Fu]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

matsif you are great.  I forgot about those spy kits.  Ima go buy a few stacks of those next time I play.

#7 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Posticeblue, on 02 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

I agree, I wanted to do it with others, and any time I ran into someone (happened about twice) I tried to party up, ask for help in map chat, etc.  and I did much of malchor's with a few guild mates.  That said, not everyone can play at the same time in my guild as we have a large spread of NA and some Oceanic and EU players.  I was doing this late at night and no one else was available to run along, and of all zones in the game orr is barren outside of temple of balthazar and plinx/penitant path.

I honestly saw less people when I finished up straights of devastation (outside of the temple of balthazar) and malchor's leap than I do in a normal clear of snowden drifts on my alts.  And I'm lucky if I saw 1 other player in most of my clears of that zone while leveling.

#8 JulianCasablancas

JulianCasablancas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

I did not know those kits existed. I'd still like to group up but it sounds like the kits make it possible to solo. Thanks so much!

#9 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View Postmatsif, on 02 January 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

I honestly saw less people when I finished up straights of devastation (outside of the temple of balthazar) and malchor's leap than I do in a normal clear of snowden drifts on my alts.  And I'm lucky if I saw 1 other player in most of my clears of that zone while leveling.

I am back in Fort Aspenwood now that I have my world completion star, all thanks to the "magic" of server transfers.  I think Maguuma has more people in Orr than we have.  In FA, I see more fractals LFGs than any other LFG in the game.

Feel free to message me if you need company.

#10 Trei

Trei

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2909 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Often, there actually are players around, but few possess initiative.

A couple times I just went heck it and charged a champion mob alone or start an event, then  lo and behold, random players just start to pop out of the woodwork and join me, from nowhere in a seemingly empty map.

#11 JulianCasablancas

JulianCasablancas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostTrei, on 03 January 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

Often, there actually are players around, but few possess initiative.

A couple times I just went heck it and charged a champion mob alone or start an event, then  lo and behold, random players just start to pop out of the woodwork and join me, from nowhere in a seemingly empty map.

This is very true, it actually happened to me today. I saw a dude walking in Straits doing the same things I was doing and invited him. A few minutes later I saw another do the same and invited him. The 3 of us nearly completed all of Straits and Malchor (they had to leave but I ended up finishing them both). Just the Cursed Shore and Eternal Battlegrounds left for me!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orr, map completion, explore, exploring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users