Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Know your Gurus: Al Shamari (#8) *IMPORTANT NOTE*

kyg know your gurus kyg #8

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Xuphor

Xuphor

    She's watching...

  • Members
  • 848 posts
  • Location:Tyria, obviously.
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

UPDATED URGENT NOTE IN SPOILERS:

Spoiler




Posted Image

("I have no idea" font for the "I have no idea" person)


What is Know your Gurus, you may ask?

It's simple, once a week, a different person will be in the spotlight. When that person is in the spotlight, you can ask them

ANYTHING YOU WANT, even non-gaming questions!*

Spoiler



After that person's turn, their KYG thread will be locked and a new one will be started, with a different person. That means that if you don't get to ask your question in the week the member is in the spotlight, you'll have to....... well, find some other way to ask them.


What's the point of this segment, you may wonder? To put it simply, to get to know each other better. Feel free to ask crazy or unusual questions. Heck, ask complete nonsense questions (Why did the brick build a cheeseburger?) if you want, just to see their response.


Please note that just because you ask a question, it doesn't mean that the person in the spotlight has to answer it, but they DO need to reply to it, so expect something, even if it's just a "I will not answer that". Despite this restriction,

you can ask as many questions as you want, but try to keep them in only one post.

Keep in mind that others have questions to ask too, so don't go too overboard on the number. Keeping it short of a dozen is just common politeness.


Also important, you may not get into discussions with other members than the spotlight member. This segment is only to get whoever is in the spotlight to be more well know. If you're wanting to ask someone else something, you'll either have to wait for their own spotlight, or ask some other way.


Upcoming members spotlights:

(For ease of referencing, Members are black, Mods are blue, S-Mods are green, and Admins are red.)

(Jan 8th or 9th) Faer

(Jan 12th or 13th) Feathermoore

(Jan16th or 17th) Archaes

(Jan 20th or 21st) Soki

(Jan 24th or 25th) HawkofStorms



Previous member Spotlights:

#6 BuddhaKeks Link

#6 Xuphor Link

#5 Shadok Link

#4 Mockingjay74 Link

#3 Neo Nugget Link

#2 Dawn Quickblade Link

#1 Kattar Link


Edited by Xuphor, 05 January 2013 - 11:40 PM.


#2 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

I will not stand for that banner! It must be replaced: http://i.imgur.com/ZAA0W.png

#3 Xuphor

Xuphor

    She's watching...

  • Members
  • 848 posts
  • Location:Tyria, obviously.
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostAl Shamari, on 03 January 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

I will not stand for that banner! It must be replaced: http://i.imgur.com/ZAA0W.png

Why haven't you noticed by now that there are no fancy backgrounds in the banners? It's just a fancy font with a transparent or white background.

#4 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostXuphor, on 03 January 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Why haven't you noticed by now that there are no fancy backgrounds in the banners? It's just a fancy font with a transparent or white background.
Oh, I've noticed and I do not approve of it.

#5 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

    G'day Mate

  • Moderators
  • 1476 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

*hears crickets chirping* Ok, can you hear a pin drop with all this silence?

What made you decide you wanted to be a mod?
Why do those deer/elk/whatever in your avatar/image have things in their antler's?
Are they deer, elk or something else?
Do you LARP?
What's your favorite type of computer game (rpg, fps, adventure, etc)?
Do you play paintball?
Do you play any sports?
Do you play any musical instruments?
What kind of music do you like?
Have I asked enough questions yet? :P
Should I post and ask more questions? :P

Edited by Kamatsu, 03 January 2013 - 08:42 AM.

Have a moderation related issue? Send me a PM


#6 Rhododendron

Rhododendron

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 780 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

So, let's say you have a cat and you live in an apartment somewhere 20 floors high.
Where do you put the litter box?

#7 this a pointed

this a pointed

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

What is you favorite color?

#8 BuddhaKeks

BuddhaKeks

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 789 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GiGa]
  • Server:Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

How does it feel, never being able to live up to the glory of my spotlight thread?
I mean, mine had monkeys in suits, how could yours possibly top this?
I'm still looking for more servants, are you interested in being my slave?

#9 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostKamatsu, on 03 January 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

*hears crickets chirping* Ok, can you hear a pin drop with all this silence?

What made you decide you wanted to be a mod?
Why do those deer/elk/whatever in your avatar/image have things in their antler's?
Are they deer, elk or something else?
Do you LARP?
What's your favorite type of computer game (rpg, fps, adventure, etc)?
Do you play paintball?
Do you play any sports?
Do you play any musical instruments?
What kind of music do you like?
Have I asked enough questions yet? :P
Should I post and ask more questions? :P
0) Did you guys hear something?
1) The power, why does anyone else become a Moderator?
2) This appears to be a question you should be directing at them!
3) I believe they're Elk? They many be something similar, but bear a striking resemblance.
4) No, I do not.
5) I'd probably say that I spend more time playing MMOs on the computer than anything else, many of my other games are played on consoles. For example, FPS games just don't feel right unless I have a controller in my hand (which I have not acquired for my computer yet)
6) I've gone several times over the years. I enjoy it, but it's not something I would ever do regularly. It seems like a very expensive hobby.
7) I do not, unless working is a sport. I used to skaeboard in high school if you'd like some history involved in your answer.
8) No, I do not. I sing, when I'm home alone. I don't have the confidence to sing in front of many people.
9) Just a lot of weird shit I 'spose. My favourite band is a band from the U.K called Foals. I also enjoy Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Purity Ring, Band of Horses, Pomegranates, Minus the Bear, Grimes, M83, etc. I could go on forever, but that gives you a reasonable taste.
10) Was that rhetorical?
11) Pour your heart out!

View PostRhododendron, on 03 January 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

So, let's say you have a cat and you live in an apartment somewhere 20 floors high.
Where do you put the litter box?
0)I would assume the bathroom. First off, the cat might as well shit were I already shit, right? I normally clean the bathroom often, which means the litter box would be cleaned often. Also, the scents the permeate from the shower would act to cover up some of the odor from the litter box. I also normally have candles going in the bathroom.

View Postthis a pointed, on 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

What is you favorite color?
0)Probably like, a bright teal of some kind. I'm very into blue/green mixtures.

View PostBuddhaKeks, on 03 January 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

How does it feel, never being able to live up to the glory of my spotlight thread?
I mean, mine had monkeys in suits, how could yours possibly top this?
I'm still looking for more servants, are you interested in being my slave?
0) Um, excuse me, do you even go here?
1) MTV has monkeys in suits and I don't exactly hold them to a high standard.
2) Is this a Jersey Shore casting ad?

Edited by Al Shamari, 03 January 2013 - 07:52 PM.


#10 pumpkin pie

pumpkin pie

    Obnoxious Font Tag Abuser

  • Site Contributors
  • 4915 posts
  • Location:ArenaNet's Pantry
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[AARM]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Good Hunting Al,

Did you change your user name :P ?

if you were teleported to a time of chaos, you were able to grab, just in time, one thing that would help you survive, what is this thing.

along the way, you encounter fellow guruers, would you team up with them? and who would you team up with?

What is your favourite food to eat when playing Guild Wars 2

would you ever let someone else play your favourite guild wars 2 character?

What is this character's race and profession, where does she/he likes to travel the most in the land of Tyria?

would you, if there's a real life Gurus meeting, attend?

who would you like to meet the most in real life from this forum?

#11 Rhododendron

Rhododendron

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 780 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostXuphor, on 02 January 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

:eek:
If you run out of candidates, randomly select 5 people and add them to a poll in each spotlight thread . The one with most votes is in the next thread :D

Edited by Rhododendron, 04 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.


#12 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

View Postpumpkin pie, on 04 January 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Good Hunting Al,

Did you change your user name :P ?

if you were teleported to a time of chaos, you were able to grab, just in time, one thing that would help you survive, what is this thing.

along the way, you encounter fellow guruers, would you team up with them? and who would you team up with?

What is your favourite food to eat when playing Guild Wars 2

would you ever let someone else play your favourite guild wars 2 character?

What is this character's race and profession, where does she/he likes to travel the most in the land of Tyria?

would you, if there's a real life Gurus meeting, attend?

who would you like to meet the most in real life from this forum?
0) I don't think I ever have, why?
1) Marijuana, am I allowed to say that? Medical of course... it'd be illegal otherwise. Wink, wink.
2) I don't think I know anyone here well enough to "team up", even my fellow staff members despise me. That doesn't make for very good team play in "chaotic" times.
3) I normally don't eat food while playing games of any nature. It's just too messy, too troublesome and takes away from my focus.
4) My friends in real life, sure. After all, if they decided to screw around with it, I know where they live.
5) Naima Al Shamari, she's a female Human Thief. I would say that like any high level character, I spend a large amount of my time revolving around dungeon play. Or, when I'm in a time crunch or focus crunch and aren't able to play areas that require teamwork, I'm doing some casual farming in Cursed Shore or Frostgorge Sound.
6) Highly doubtful. I'm sure it wouldn't be located anywhere near where I live, would cost a large sum of money to attend and overall wouldn't be worth my time attending.
7) I don't know... who's the most attractive?

#13 Xuphor

Xuphor

    She's watching...

  • Members
  • 848 posts
  • Location:Tyria, obviously.
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostAl Shamari, on 04 January 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

even my fellow staff members despise me.

Where did you get that from? :angel:

#14 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostXuphor, on 05 January 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Where did you get that from? :angel:
I cause trouble for my superior officers, they tend not to like trouble.

Edited by Al Shamari, 05 January 2013 - 07:43 AM.


#15 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

    G'day Mate

  • Moderators
  • 1476 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Do you like me?
Did you have any idea who I was before joining the team?
Do you watch any sports?
What do you sing when your home alone?
Ever considered going on a sing talent show on TV?
So you wouldn't attend a real life guru get together even if if was in your home city and/or money/time was not a concern?
Would you attend a meeting of guru mods (again if time/money was not a concern)?
Have you ever considered LARP'ing?
Have you play any pen'n'paper games? Like D&D, AD&D, Shadowrun, etc?
Have you ever played table-top game? Like tabletop warhammer, tabletop soldiers, etc?
Have you ever played Magic The Gathering card game?
Are you a console or PC person?
If you could, would you go into space?
Since you mentioned Jersey Shore.... do you watch that show?
What's your favorite TV show?
If you could be a villain from a movie or TV show, who would you be? And why?

Have a moderation related issue? Send me a PM


#16 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostKamatsu, on 05 January 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Do you like me?
Did you have any idea who I was before joining the team?
Do you watch any sports?
What do you sing when your home alone?
Ever considered going on a sing talent show on TV?
So you wouldn't attend a real life guru get together even if if was in your home city and/or money/time was not a concern?
Would you attend a meeting of guru mods (again if time/money was not a concern)?
Have you ever considered LARP'ing?
Have you play any pen'n'paper games? Like D&D, AD&D, Shadowrun, etc?
Have you ever played table-top game? Like tabletop warhammer, tabletop soldiers, etc?
Have you ever played Magic The Gathering card game?
Are you a console or PC person?
If you could, would you go into space?
Since you mentioned Jersey Shore.... do you watch that show?
What's your favorite TV show?
If you could be a villain from a movie or TV show, who would you be? And why?
0) I don't know you well enough to be honest. Same goes with almost all the staff. But, I don't have any personal problems with anyone.
1) I still don't, haha.
2) I actually do watch both professional American football, as well as at the college level.
3) I wouldn't say I sing anything specific? Mostly song writing, I write my own things as a I sing and then revise them.
4) Not one bit.
5) I probably would at that point, but that won't be happening!
6) Again, probably, but those circumstances are a bit unrealistic.
7) Never.
8) I have played Dungeons and Dragons at one point in time, although I can't say I was ever extremely into it, nor did I make it very far while playing. The whole process was simply a bore to me, personally.
9) I played Heroclix for a couple years actually.
10) I wouldn't ever really say I played too much? But, I did collect the actual cards for quite some time.
11) It depends. There are some games I would rather play on PC and others that just have the feeling that they were made and much better suited for console. In short, I have trouble playing shooters on PC.
12) ...Hm, I'm actually not sure about this one. Probably not, as adventurous as it seems, I ust don't think I would enjoy the experience.
13) I've watched maybe two episodes, but no I don't ever simply watch it out of enjoyment.
14) Weeds, Skins, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and maybe a few others.
15) Villain? I don't really watch shows with villains to be honest.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kyg, know your gurus, kyg #8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users