• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kuskah

Kuskah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Basically, since our weapon doesn't affect the kits, most engineers don't really feel the need to work towards a fancy looking weapon, especially since using kits most of the time. The kits obviously don't change in design, so we're stuck with the same looking weapon pretty much from the beginning of the game.
Therefor, why not make a couple of kit skins? For Bomb and Grenade Kits it could be just some good looking backpack, Toolkit could have some fancier looking wrench, Elixir Gun would obviously re-skin the gun as well and the same goes for Flamethrower. It also doesn't need to be a lot of skins, just something distinct, say 2-3 skins per kit, some could possibly work for multiple kits (such as Bomb and Grenade).
As for how to apply them, I don't think it would be so much of a problem to create an additional Equipment slot, POSSIBLY even make it a skin for the Back item (or an actual stand-alone back item) for engineers only.

I've always wanted to be able to equip a Flamethrower like this:

Spoiler

#2 Myschi

Myschi

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Add turrets to that and you've got me sold. The big thing holding me back from playing an engie is that everything looks more fitting for human or charr than, say, asura or sylvari. I would kill to get some of those cool laser-turret-things as a permanent, changeable skin from the gem store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users