Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * - - 9 votes

So it seems a lot of naughty boys and girls got one last gift from Santa this Christmas


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
640 replies to this topic

#151 Serris

Serris

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

View Postescada_assassin, on 04 January 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Due to ANet's efforts to nerf every goddamn way of making gold so that it won't take 2 years of anyone's life to craft a weapon (we're talking about pixels and a game, which should be entertainment, not a job), I'm begining to support exploiters. Power to the people! XD

P.S. Some people might say that it's like in actual life : if you want a Mercedes, you gotta work for it. This is a goddamn game and noone's buying a Mercedes here or a big fancy house or an entire country or planet and this is definetely not Wall Street, nor should be. No more idiotic parallels between a game and the real world. I thought it's supposed to be a game, a mean of entertainment, not a second, third and fourth job.

the problem is they want to keep those pixels rare. they chose the easiest (which was wrong imo), but it IS a solution.
but i don't want people to just exploit away. if this exploit is okay, then so would wallhacks to mine nodes like the bots use be. you see, they didn't fix that so it must be alright to do?

#152 Minos Knossos

Minos Knossos

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HERE]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 04 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Driving the price up = market manipulation. And there can nothing be done about that (there isn't even anything wrong with that, those people take a risk, sometimes it pays of, sometimes it doesn't), unless Anet wants to go put up max prices for certain items (which would be utterly crap imo).

Exploit is where people use a bug in a game to acquire more wealth than other players (the karma items that were extremely cheap, the bone weapons that had a higher chance of getting pre-cursor, and now the recent exploit where people farmed hundreds & hundreds of ectos)

What is the real problem with the economy then, because I don't see one.

The issue is the same in my mind.  A select few people (those that successfully manage market manipulation) end up with a majority of the gold, while everyone else loses (because they end up paying much more for materials than the manipulators did).

And let's face it, the manipulators are increasing prices beyond 15% to make a profit.  (Probably buying up cheap materials under a silver each and reselling them for 2-10x what they paid.)

We shouldn't need to constantly monitor the Trading Post looking for new deals and investments to be "successful" in a video game.

Now look at the "exploiters"... They didn't even manage to create enough ecto to sufficiently change the market.  Ecto never went lower than 25 silver.  (When it was far lower before the Lost Shores update -- and all the insane crafting requirements for Ascended gear and infusions.)  Thus it's not like the market was flooded with ecto, as supply didn't drown out the demand. (Unless, perhaps, market manipulators are to blame for the ecto prices remaining the same.)

I feel like ArenaNet has probably overstated how much gold the exploiters made (maybe by taking raw profit from ecto sales).

Moreover, I recall people crafting rare weapons and salvaging them into ecto early on in the game.  (Back when ecto prices were vastly lower.)  So I don't really see how this was an obvious example of an exploit.  You salvage rares and sometimes you get globs of ecto.  This is an inherent mechanic of the way the game works.

I'm still confused as to how exactly it qualifies as bannable.  Yes, you only needed one snowflake to craft the rare and you'd occasionally get it back...  But it's not like it destroyed the market.  The market shifted to make the snowflakes expensive.  Who cares if someone made in-game gold off of it.  At least they got it by selling ecto and not by market manipulation (which, in my humble opinion, is just taking advantage of other people).

What I think happened: ArenaNet employees got back from their lengthy vacations and after patting each other on the back for giving NCSoft their best quarter ever (likely due to Gem sales) they noticed that someone, somewhere in Tyria was making gold.  How could this be, when they've already nerfed drop rates to hell?  Then, enraged by someone "taking advantage of their game", they perma-banned everyone.

View PostHector, on 04 January 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

I know the difference. Thanks.

In any other freaking market on the planet price manipulation between knowing parties is very illegal and a huge problem.

The problem is that Anet designed the game around a stringent market place where most people have no money and the people that got on the ground floor can manipulate things to keep things that way. Sort of like how our economy IRL is now set up. No upward mobility.

I guess if you design your game around the fact that you want to squeeze gold out so you can sell gems then your plan is going accordingly. Problem is that this is not fun at all and kind of shitty. We were warned by some naysayers when the store was announced but most of us (me included) were just happy enough to get a new GW that we glossed over it. Months into the game and we can see they were right. Game design leans heavily towards selling gems and totally away from just fun content.

But hey, if you got the cash to buy gems and are so inclined then more power to you. DRIVE THOSE PRICES UP UP UP! WEEEeeEeeEE.

Hahahaha

I agree completely with this post.  I mean, they admitted that the cost of crafting Ascended gear and infusions was obscene... But they only made minor adjustments to infusion recipes.

No change to the fact that Ascended back pieces still require 50 ecto to craft and 250 ecto to infuse.

Yes, they wanted to drive up the price of ecto (and they did) but it's really just an absurd amount.  A full set of exotic armor didn't require anywhere near that, and yet they make a SINGLE backpiece require 300 ecto.

It's all just a money grab.  They're hoping that people will get pissed off grinding for gold and just spend cash for shiny artwork.

I can't imagine why I would want to spend any more real money in a game where I have to live in constant fear of being banned.

#153 Red Sonya

Red Sonya

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

View Post1up, on 04 January 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

I think it's funny they all got banned because Anet is bad at their jobs. It's like putting Crack in a Crackhead's hand and saying don't smoke it. I've never seen a game so quick to ban their player base, it's pretty retarded. Other games just take the stuff and or money back and move on. Really no surprise this game is doing horrible at this point. Either get banned or people just don't want to play the game because of the bugs and failed mechanics.

That's because most OTHER games charge a MONTHYLY fee. Anet gets it's new money from NEW PURCHASES and the other little crappy stuff they sell on the market. So yeah it BENEFITS THEM to BAN anyone who does just a little thing in the game that can be considered an exploit or whatever like bannable name offenses if they choose. ;) Ban em BAN EM ALL I SAY! HURRAY for ANET! LONG LIVE ANET! haha

#154 1up

1up

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[PRX]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Quote

That's because most OTHER games charge a MONTHYLY fee. Anet gets it's new money from NEW PURCHASES and the other little crappy stuff they sell on the market. So yeah it BENEFITS THEM to BAN anyone who does just a little thing in the game that can be considered an exploit or whatever like bannable name offenses if they choose. ;) Ban em BAN EM ALL I SAY! HURRAY for ANET! LONG LIVE ANET! haha

That was funny to read... Thanx! If any of that was true, it really isn't working out to well for Anet!

#155 Maconi

Maconi

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostRed Sonya, on 04 January 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

That's because most OTHER games charge a MONTHYLY fee. Anet gets it's new money from NEW PURCHASES and the other little crappy stuff they sell on the market.

You have no idea how true this is...

GW2 Reddit - Making Another Account After Banned

ArenaNet knows what they're doing when it comes to milking what customers they have left.

Hell, most sections of this forum only see a post once every 30 minutes or so (on average). Considering this is basically THE fansite for GW2 that's pretty poor. I don't think there's very many people left playing this game except the extremely devout/bored.

Edited by Maconi, 04 January 2013 - 09:43 PM.


#156 Strawberry Nubcake

Strawberry Nubcake

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 683 posts
  • Location:On a boat!
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[ssss]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostMaconi, on 04 January 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Hell, most sections of this forum only see a post once every 30 minutes or so (on average). Considering this is basically THE fansite for GW2 that's pretty poor.
Maybe people are uhhhh... playing the game?  I know it's a bit weird, but I spend a lot less time on the forums when I'm in game.

#157 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostRed Sonya, on 04 January 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

That's because most OTHER games charge a MONTHYLY fee. Anet gets it's new money from NEW PURCHASES and the other little crappy stuff they sell on the market. So yeah it BENEFITS THEM to BAN anyone who does just a little thing in the game that can be considered an exploit or whatever like bannable name offenses if they choose. ;) Ban em BAN EM ALL I SAY! HURRAY for ANET! LONG LIVE ANET! haha

Name me other MMO's that have a sub fee that don't charge a box price?
And following your logic it would also be good for other devs to ban people

Anet:
Someone buys the game = 60$
Ban them and they buy the game again = 60$
Total = 120$

Blizzard:
They buy game = 60$
Sub fee for 5 months now = 90$
Ban them and buy the game again = 60$
Sub fee every month = x*15
In total blizzard gets more from the ban because all the time before the ban is wasted, and because sub-fee MMO's rely on time wasting mechanisms to keep people playing people will need to do play that amount of time again, so blizzard just made 150$.

#158 christiansoldier

christiansoldier

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Is it a permanent ban or a temporary one?

#159 Bryant Again

Bryant Again

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 895 posts
  • Location:Michigan
  • Profession:Warrior

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Why couldn't they just rollback the gains instead and give players a slap on the wrist?

Edited by Bryant Again, 04 January 2013 - 11:56 PM.


#160 ReMarkable91

ReMarkable91

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postd_fens, on 04 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

The only thing left for those banned ppl (if they are EU citizens) is to get a refund. ANet terminated their account and game service under terms of EULA, which has no power over EU citizens. Since they paid for service and are not getting it, they can get a refund.
They would do much better with rollbacks.

I would like to know more about this , I am planning on writing Paypal about this especialy since I bought gems 50 days ago. Can't make a chargeback after 45 while I did the so called exploiting 19 days ago. They waited with the ban after that 45 period was over.
Especialy since I am 100 % sure I can't be blamed for exploiting cause it was not obvious in my case for 2 reasons. 1 I didn't make any proffit even lost gold on avarage (salvaged 100 first 50 2 G proffit 2nd 50 3 G loss) and 2nd It baraly affected the market. I used it with Orichalcum they went from 2,7 to 2,8 and the snowflake didn't sky rocket it was at 1 S each vs the mithril snowflake roofing to 30. Only made the price of ecto go from 30 to 25 but that looked intented after they promised ascanded backpieces would be easyer to obtain. And also was the cause of more players playing = more rare drops = more ectos.

#161 ReMarkable91

ReMarkable91

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Looks like the player deciding this ban either got fired or they let an not skilled person make the decision since it had to be done.

http://ch.tbe.taleo....&cws=1&rid=1309

Thinking about applying xD was allready planning on writing them a letter asking if it posable to do my internship there xD good chance to unban myself ^^

#162 ReMarkable91

ReMarkable91

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

The fck they wanna give me my money back...

Hello,

As a follow-up to our previous discussion about your account closure related to snowflake exploit, a few players whose accounts were terminated have written to ask about a possible refund. We will be reviewing the details of each terminated account and if you are eligible for a refund, we will process that within seven days.

Regards,

Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com

#163 Darkobra

Darkobra

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1366 posts
  • Location:Scotland

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostReMarkable91, on 05 January 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Looks like the player deciding this ban either got fired or they let an not skilled person make the decision since it had to be done.

http://ch.tbe.taleo....&cws=1&rid=1309

Thinking about applying xD was allready planning on writing them a letter asking if it posable to do my internship there xD good chance to unban myself ^^

I don't think you qualify for the job for many, many reasons.

#164 escada_assassin

escada_assassin

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 170 posts
  • Location:Romania
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

I don't honestly know what they're doing or trying to do, but as some people already said, gold will finally be monopolised by a few, while all the others will be more or less poor. And this reminds me of GW1 once again - I think they wanted to do better than GW1, but they didn't. Anyone knows about those few who had all the unded expensive minis like Kanaxai and stuff? They had all the cash, while the rest was divided into 2 categories : poor (those who thought that 100k is a big deal) and not so poor (those who thought that 250e is a big deal). I don't like the system as is right now. It's just a game, it shouldn't have such a Wall Street economy, especially since they tried to do something more than just recreating in a virtual space the ordinary world we live in. Next from what I see is an Osama bombing Divinity Reach and terrorists attacking everywhere, AIDS, cancer, poverty, hunger, nuclear attacks, chemical attacks and so on. I wanted a game where everything is at my disposal anytime so I can focus on actually playing the game, not grinding for whatever purpose (and yeah - I think that ANet are a bunch of evil people). But maybe games are the real world, since they always insert real world mentality every step of the way.

#165 Strawberry Nubcake

Strawberry Nubcake

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 683 posts
  • Location:On a boat!
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[ssss]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

View Postescada_assassin, on 05 January 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

I wanted a game where everything is at my disposal anytime so I can focus on actually playing the game, not grinding for whatever purpose (and yeah - I think that ANet are a bunch of evil people).
Uhh... why the fudge did you choose to play a MMORPG if you wanted a game where everything handed to you on a silver platter?

Edited by unraveled, 06 January 2013 - 03:23 AM.
Removed image.


#166 escada_assassin

escada_assassin

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 170 posts
  • Location:Romania
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I didn't say all should be delivered on a silver platter, unless you find those words somewhere in my post. It's one thing to have to "work" for something for 1 to 2 years and it's totally different to be able to buy something maybe not today, but maybe 2 days from now or even one week. And yeah, I know everyone thinks that MMORPG's are the games which involve a lot of grind. I ask why? Is it impossible to create a MMORPG where there's no grind, a MMORPG that people play just for fun and where the only thing that keeps players playing is the game itself? Would that be something so out of this world, that is impossible to even conceive? I remember that even ANet stated there will be no grind in this game and yet there is....and there is plenty, even legendary grind.

P.S. I started with GW1 and there were some grind there too, but Goooood, there's nothing compared to the grind in this GW. Took me 1 month to get all my chars with obsidian armor and started from scratch with absolutely 0 knowledge about anything. For those who know GW1, I will say (so that you understand better where I started from) that my first char was a necro and I didn't know anything about skills or weapons so I was killing stuff with a hammer.

Edited by unraveled, 06 January 2013 - 03:23 AM.
Removed reference to deleted content.


#167 Brizna

Brizna

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

I don't think this "exploit" is significantly more "exploitative" than other "exploits" that are legal. At any rate what makes them legal or ilegal is objectively a subjective matter, handing out punishments on subjective reassons is wrong.

All puns meant and yes it does make perfect sense.

#168 Momorazor

Momorazor

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostBryant Again, on 04 January 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Why couldn't they just rollback the gains instead and give players a slap on the wrist?
Because that would send wrong message to the rest of the players.
When someone find bug he would exploit it because there would be 2 possible outcomes.
1. They will not find it out in which case i will get to keep everything i got from exploiting bug
2. They will find out and take everything i earned by exploiting the bug
As u can see there wouldnt really be reason not to exploit bugs.
With perma banning these offenders they are sending clear message to all players and that is we will find out and u will be baned.
These bans are more than deserved. Im sick of how ppls are hypocritical in these things.
U did exploit the bug and u did made profit. U can shit here saying i spent lot of t5 mats and i was basicly trading them for globs but what u fail to mention is that u essentially traded 5 to 10 silver for minimum 30.
And all those ppls shitting about how they didnty know that what they were doing was exploit i say u are either lying or u are stupid.
In both cases u dont deserve to play this game anyome. Bugs are easy to recognize. If u get something out of nothing without any work it is bug. If u think something is bug it probably is and report it. If u however decide aaa fuuck it is not bug and ill make lot of gold on it , its ok too but dont cry when u get perma banned.
U DESERVED IT AND U SHOULD COVER YOURSELF WITH YOUR EARS AND STFU

Edited by Momorazor, 05 January 2013 - 04:38 PM.


#169 Silvercat18

Silvercat18

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I`m uncomfortable with this banning incident. I can see why it was done, but arenanet is also running a very thin line on their justification of bans. To me it looks like this...

"We dont want players having money, so if anyone works out how to get it, we ban them".

We have all seen how profitable things for players to do have been nerfed. Plinx, for example, by arenanets justification, was an "exploit", because it was a more profitable run of events than other activities. They nerfed it, much as they nerfed these amulets, but did they ban all the people who ran plinx's event again and again ? No.

True there are differences between the two, but its a very thin line of difference and i think we can all see where this has been going.

#170 Shadowmoon

Shadowmoon

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Another Anet mess up, and blames the player base move. Plus Anet DID NOT BAN all people who used the exploit.

#171 ReMarkable91

ReMarkable91

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostMomorazor, on 05 January 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Because that would send wrong message to the rest of the players.
When someone find bug he would exploit it because there would be 2 possible outcomes.
1. They will not find it out in which case i will get to keep everything i got from exploiting bug
2. They will find out and take everything i earned by exploiting the bug
As u can see there wouldnt really be reason not to exploit bugs.
With perma banning these offenders they are sending clear message to all players and that is we will find out and u will be baned.
These bans are more than deserved. Im sick of how ppls are hypocritical in these things.
U did exploit the bug and u did made profit. U can shit here saying i spent lot of t5 mats and i was basicly trading them for globs but what u fail to mention is that u essentially traded 5 to 10 silver for minimum 30.
And all those ppls shitting about how they didnty know that what they were doing was exploit i say u are either lying or u are stupid.
In both cases u dont deserve to play this game anyome. Bugs are easy to recognize. If u get something out of nothing without any work it is bug. If u think something is bug it probably is and report it. If u however decide aaa fuuck it is not bug and ill make lot of gold on it , its ok too but dont cry when u get perma banned.
U DESERVED IT AND U SHOULD COVER YOURSELF WITH YOUR EARS AND STFU

Hey mr. Fanboy did u even read in to this exploit?

In my case there is no way I could have seen it was an exploit for 3 reasons.
1. I made no proffit only tested it with 100 + cuase with 10 the luck factor would be too high.
2. Making ectoplasm out of other items is intented and had been in game since release(Making lvl 80 rares with t5 mats and salvaging them). So nothing that can ring my exploit/bug bell in this.
3. The prices of the items I used where not chockingly changed if at all. Orichalcum was at 2,8 S each wich is normal the snowflakes where like 1 S each and ectoplasm where 25 S. Oké they where 30 S 1 week before that but those shift happen every event because of the fact more players playing.

#172 Strawberry Nubcake

Strawberry Nubcake

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 683 posts
  • Location:On a boat!
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[ssss]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostSilvercat18, on 05 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

I`m uncomfortable with this banning incident. I can see why it was done, but arenanet is also running a very thin line on their justification of bans. To me it looks like this...

"We dont want players having money, so if anyone works out how to get it, we ban them".

We have all seen how profitable things for players to do have been nerfed. Plinx, for example, by arenanets justification, was an "exploit", because it was a more profitable run of events than other activities. They nerfed it, much as they nerfed these amulets, but did they ban all the people who ran plinx's event again and again ? No.

True there are differences between the two, but its a very thin line of difference and i think we can all see where this has been going.
There's a difference between nerfing and fixing something.

Plinx was nerfed because it was pretty much the only thing people wanted to do when they logged in.  You act like Anet hates when we make money or find ways to reach our goals, but you're forgetting that they also gave us a few new ways to gain karma and tweaked the loot for the rest of the game.  The message they were trying to send was that there is more to the game than a couple of events in Orr.

The jewelry was a completely different situation.  There was a reason why people were crafting that jewelry instead of everything else.  It was broken!  The fact you were able to salvage to get more materials than you put into it should have been a red flag.  It's like chopping down a tree and getting 2-3 trees worth of wood out of it.  It's obviously not supposed to work like that!

I don't think Anet has a problem with people making money as long as they aren't exploiting something that's obviously broken.

#173 this a pointed

this a pointed

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

View Post1up, on 04 January 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

I think it's funny they all got banned because Anet is bad at their jobs. It's like putting Crack in a Crackhead's hand and saying don't smoke it. I've never seen a game so quick to ban their player base, it's pretty retarded. Other games just take the stuff and or money back and move on. Really no surprise this game is doing horrible at this point. Either get banned or people just don't want to play the game because of the bugs and failed mechanics.

I completely agree.
Anet should do some proper testing before releasing content. Its just a designflaw, not an exploit.

#174 Alleji

Alleji

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 334 posts
  • Location:Outland

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostRaoulDukeHST, on 03 January 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

they should focus on the trading post exploiters,who make thousands of gold just because they have thousands of gold.A person can buy 100 $ worth of gold from gold farmers and double that money in an hour,arenanet doesn't do anything about these people who are creating artificial prices,they ban some poor sucker who tried to get 50 ectos to craft some backpiece.
Are you (and all the people who clicked "like" on this post) f*cking serious?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

#175 xarallei

xarallei

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1102 posts
  • Location:NYC
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

When there is something in a new update that seems to be WAY too good to be true as a get rich quick method compared to other methods it's pretty obviously an exploit. Why these people keep using these methods and then whining about a ban later on is beyond me. Anet has acted against these types of things in the past. Don't do it. Pure and simple. If you go ahead and do it prepare for the consequences later.

Now I don't know if it should be a perma ban as that does seem a bit too harsh. Perhaps a temp ban is better in this case.

Edited by xarallei, 05 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.


#176 Momorazor

Momorazor

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostReMarkable91, on 05 January 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Hey mr. Fanboy did u even read in to this exploit?

In my case there is no way I could have seen it was an exploit for 3 reasons.
1. I made no proffit only tested it with 100 + cuase with 10 the luck factor would be too high.
2. Making ectoplasm out of other items is intented and had been in game since release(Making lvl 80 rares with t5 mats and salvaging them). So nothing that can ring my exploit/bug bell in this.
3. The prices of the items I used where not chockingly changed if at all. Orichalcum was at 2,8 S each wich is normal the snowflakes where like 1 S each and ectoplasm where 25 S. Oké they where 30 S 1 week before that but those shift happen every event because of the fact more players playing.
Wow first time in my like i was accused for being fanboy
Just tell me this how many globs u needed to make acessory with snowflake and how many u needed to make normal acessory.
It was exploit and bans were deserved. I dont think u ever made 100 tests in such short amount of time on  crafting that wasnt with snowflake.
If u were decent dude u would be ashamed and quiet , but then again i didnt expect it from ppls like u.
Im very glad they banned u all. Hope u buy another copy of the game.
There is one good thing for u and everyone else who did it. When next time u buy game , u wont try to test bugs 100 times. Smart ppls learn on mistakes of others.
Other less fortunate learn on their own mistakes.
What group u belong too???

Edited by Momorazor, 05 January 2013 - 08:05 PM.


#177 Strawberry Nubcake

Strawberry Nubcake

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 683 posts
  • Location:On a boat!
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[ssss]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postthis a pointed, on 05 January 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

I completely agree.
Anet should do some proper testing before releasing content. Its just a designflaw, not an exploit.
It's just a "design flaw" (bug, glitch, etc) until people start exploiting it to gain an advantage.  That's when it turns into an exploit.  Several people obviously took advantage of this "design flaw" so they could acquire better gear and/or more money.

View PostAlleji, on 05 January 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Are you (and all the people who clicked "like" on this post) f*cking serious?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Some questions are better left unanswered.  It's less depressing that way.  :P

#178 ReMarkable91

ReMarkable91

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostMomorazor, on 05 January 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Wow first time in my like i was accused for being fanboy
Just tell me this how many globs u needed to make acessory with snowflake and how many u needed to make normal acessory.
It was exploit and bans were deserved. I dont think u ever made 100 tests in such short amount of time on  crafting that wasnt with snowflake.
If u were decent dude u would be ashamed and quiet , but then again i didnt expect it from ppls like u.
Im very glad they banned u all. Hope u buy another copy of the game.
There is one good thing for u and everyone else who did it. When next time u buy game , u wont try to test bugs 100 times. Smart ppls learn on mistakes of others.
Other less fortunate learn on their own mistakes.
What group u belong too???

I made about 500 lvl 80 rares before I figured I can better use my time doing dungeon runs or WvW or something and better put buy offers on other items that could make me proffit in stead of those items.

And if you look at the halloween recipe it was 3 upgrades in stead of the "usual" 5. This time it was 1 so that it not allways is 5 has been proofed (ALOT People made that halloween Amulet). And besides that I thought and have good reasons to think it was intended to be 1 upgrade. Heck I even would put my hand in the fire that it was on porpuse at least for the Orichalcum version. They just overlooked the effect on Mithril.

Why I am confinsed it was and should be intended? Well to stabalize the market and give Jewelcrafters a option to convert other materials into Globs like the 3 Weapon and 3 Clothing crafting proffesion had since release in the form of lvl 80 rares.

How it would stabalize the market well since karka/fractals update 2 things happend.

Demand of Globs rose since alot new recipe require 50-250 globs. Price went from 15 to 30.
Supply of Orichalcum rose since a new map with 1 rich Orichalcum ore that could be mined every 24 hours.

What the recipe I used did?
Added supply of Globs to meet the higher demands of Globs.
Added demand of Orichalcum Ore to prefend that price would drop even lower.

And wanna know a funny thing just to p1ss you off , Arenenet is making a HUGE loss with this action. They have to pay back all the EU users banned for this because there rules don't apply in EU. Well thanks for the 105 Euros back. And my bro stopped well barely played so gave him 5 euro and now I can use his account again. My only fun was making new alts go to 80 , allready had 3 lvl 80 chars(thief ranger and engi) now without having to pay those bastard for char slots can make those other 5 proffesions.

#179 RaoulDukeHST

RaoulDukeHST

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 515 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EXG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 04 January 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Name me other MMO's that have a sub fee that don't charge a box price?
And following your logic it would also be good for other devs to ban people

Anet:
Someone buys the game = 60$
Ban them and they buy the game again = 60$
Total = 120$

Blizzard:
They buy game = 60$
Sub fee for 5 months now = 90$
Ban them and buy the game again = 60$
Sub fee every month = x*15
In total blizzard gets more from the ban because all the time before the ban is wasted, and because sub-fee MMO's rely on time wasting mechanisms to keep people playing people will need to do play that amount of time again, so blizzard just made 150$.
You do realize arenanet is forced the refund if the person getting banned asks for their money back?

#180 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostRaoulDukeHST, on 05 January 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

You do realize arenanet is forced the refund if the person getting banned asks for their money back?

Euhm I don't think so..
The game is their property, they set rules you need to follow, if you don't follow these rules they have reason to suspend you no matter what.
I think it's even in the EULA they can ban people for whatever reason they like, etc..




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users