#1 iLag

iLag

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1063 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Atm I'm just doing dungeons and the Cursed Shore Penitent farm. I'm getting decent goal but I'm wondering if theres any shortcuts for gold or to the legendary I want to start working for ( Incinerator).

#2 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

the only way to truly make huge amounts is learning how to play the TP.  I'm finding I'm making enough right now by completing a few zones every now and then to work towards world completion and running a few dungeons (mainly AC, CoF, and a few paths of CoE and HotW here and there).

#3 fatrodmc

fatrodmc

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Guild Tag:[uA]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

I've found fractals to be the best source of gold by far. Got 9 ecto from my daily run yesterday!

#4 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Myth]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

. . .  there was a thread a while back on here asking people how much gold they had when they hit 80.  the OP said he had about 8 gold when he hit 80.

when i hit 80?  i had 43 gold. with my manuals purchased.

how?

because i leveled from 38-80 in AC and never had to buy armor better than level 40 armor.  vendored everything and never WP anywhere.

i also had enough AC tokens to purchase a full PTV armor exotic set.

so yeah, really helped and thats why im decked out in this sexy transmuted Cult T3 armor.

#5 chase128

chase128

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostRickter, on 04 January 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

. . .  there was a thread a while back on here asking people how much gold they had when they hit 80.  the OP said he had about 8 gold when he hit 80.

when i hit 80?  i had 43 gold. with my manuals purchased.

how?

because i leveled from 38-80 in AC and never had to buy armor better than level 40 armor.  vendored everything and never WP anywhere.

i also had enough AC tokens to purchase a full PTV armor exotic set.

so yeah, really helped and thats why im decked out in this sexy transmuted Cult T3 armor.

Good God, man.

That would drive me crazy, doing the same thing for that many levels.

#6 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Postchase128, on 04 January 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Good God, man.

It goes faster than anything else in the game though (except crafting for levels).
I got ~2,5 levels per hour.
And since 15nov patch: ~4gold per hour. :)

and I actually levelled my elementalist, Warrior and Thief from lvl35 to 80 in AC, they're all at ~15% world completion or so. :P

Edited by Gilles VI, 04 January 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#7 chase128

chase128

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Yall are machines!

#8 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3226 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postchase128, on 04 January 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Good God, man.

I've been doing the same thing on my soldiers and I ended up quite liking it. You get downscaled, which means you never have to worry about levels (I just hate reaching a part of the map I REALLY want to explore and then not being of high enough level to do it) and you get TONS of XP and gold so the whole process seems to just fly by.
Plus, you simply do a few runs a day and the move to a different character and level up that guy. That way you still get to experience some of the variety of the world and it's not THAT daunting.

#9 Gruunz

Gruunz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yea, I go with the AC dungeon route, leveled my guardian from 38+ doing AC exp runs and around level 66 now, gave it a break and started leveling up my mesmer which started doing it around 40ish and is now 67 (mesmer had to start later as it's quite weak and useless in the early levels without it's traits and whatnot (clones on dodge).

Using different classes mixes it up slightly. Now I've started leveling up my new necro and once that gets to a somewhat decent level (40ish?) then the whole AC exp routine starts all over again. Then once that reaces 60+ I'll level my engi. Since 60-80 shouldn't take as long as you'll be stronger and have more activities open to you (WvWvW, easier time plowing through the zones that you skipped).

#10 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

so looks like this is the new thing, i mean look at the responses.  you get gold, levels, and exotic gear tokens from this method.

and honestly every single fight in a dungeon is a dice roll it feels like, it really depends on the group you have as to how well you'll do, so every encounter is rather dynamic.  sure its the same setting, but its a different experience every time.

i leveled myself and my wife's character thru this method and i'll be honest, the whole time i was scared out of my mind that they were going to nerf soemthing.  either the money drops or the xp amounts, only time will tell because this is the new thing, people are skipping the game and getting level 80 geared by the time they hit 80.  

i mean, im maxed geared!  ive got the PTV AC armor set, which is perfect for me, and i had enough money to purchase the runes and sigils and jewels.

i then went to CM for the weapons i needed saved all that money converted some gems to gold and purchased my Cult T3 armor.

Edited by Rickter, 04 January 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#11 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostRickter, on 04 January 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

so looks like this is the new thing, i mean look at the responses.  you get gold, levels, and exotic gear tokens from this method.

In my guild, we literally have at least 10 people all doing this with AC.  We all run 80's up through to the end boss, swap out characters, and go kill the boss.  Outside of crafting, it is by far the easiest way to level a character, without the cost of crafting (you are making money the whole time...).  I'm currently running my ele through it, next will be either my mesmer or necro (last 2 non-80 classes).  It's an easy 3.5g (average) a day, and by the time I hit level 60 I had enough tokens for an entire exotic set of armor and exotic staff, and I'm still only at like 62 cause I haven't done it in a few days.  

With a set of exotic jewels, runes, and sigils costing around 30g (which you easily make in this method while leveling), there is no benefit to not leveling this way.  As Gilles said, yeah you don't really accomplish much for world completion, but unless you are going for more than 2 legendaries or are a forced completionist for every alt, there really is no reason to do it.

And even if I wasn't leveling my alt, I'd still do AC daily, if only to make money.  For ~1 hr. game time you easily make 3.5g on average after merching crap without popping omnom bars.  With the little I know about playing the TP, I maybe make 10g a week from it.  I make closer to 25g a week just from AC assuming I run it every day.

#12 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Don't forget if you do AC from lvl 35, you made enough money to spend it on crafting the last 20lvls.
Cooking only costs 2g or so, and another could be weaponsmit or so. :)

That's what I did my last 2 characters anyway.

#13 Perm Shadow Form

Perm Shadow Form

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Have 100g+ but have no desire to log on.
Meh.

#14 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostPerm Shadow Form, on 04 January 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Have 100g+ but have no desire to log on.
Meh.

can you mail it to my character please?  seeing as how GW2 sucks so bad you probably will never play it, i'll be more than happy to take all that gold off of your hands :)

#15 Nightmare Lee

Nightmare Lee

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostRickter, on 04 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

can you mail it to my character please?  seeing as how GW2 sucks so bad you probably will never play it, i'll be more than happy to take all that gold off of your hands :)

If he mailed you all that gold Anet would ban you and him for "gold selling" :P

#16 Perm Shadow Form

Perm Shadow Form

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostRickter, on 04 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Well, you can't compare it to GW1, unless you never played it.
Sometimes I wish I had my 600HP Bonder in WvW. That would make it fun.

I think I'll just buy Commander Title and troll people.

Edited by Perm Shadow Form, 04 January 2013 - 11:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users