Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

http://wiki.guildwar...es_and_features

In the mentioned section it says

"Social: Improvements to group finding tool"

So they plan to improve the LFG tool according to the official wiki which is worded to imply that the LFG tool is already in the game however I can not for the life of me find this feature that according to the people who made the game should be here.

Would love to find this tool the devs seem to think exists cause finding a group is kinda a pain.

[moved to Q&A - Arduin]

Edited by Arduin, 04 January 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#2 escada_assassin

escada_assassin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

There is a LFG  tool right now. It's called "lfg AC all paths" etc. :) Seriously now you can look for a group - press "Y" in game and you'll see a looking for a group tab (I bet everyone at a certain point saw people with a blue magnifier above their head), but noone will ever know what exactly are you looking for, unless you simply tell them by using the chat, which makes the entire LFG tool completely useless.

#3 Serris

Serris

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

yeah, under your social panel you can find a tab called "LFG".
problems with it:
-nobody knows about it
-only shows people in your current instance
-doesn't show WHAT you're looking a group for.

#4 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Moved to Q&A as that's where questions go. There's already a thread discussing the absence of an approachable LFG-functionality here if you want to discuss it.

Edited by Arduin, 04 January 2013 - 12:57 PM.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#5 peteed1985

peteed1985

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostArduin, on 04 January 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Moved to Q&A as that's where questions go. There's already a thread discussing the absence of an approachable LFG-functionality here if you want to discuss it.

Question? Never asked a question just was pointing out arenanet thinks game has a feature that didn't exist xD

#6 Neo Nugget

Neo Nugget

Quaggan Hipster

• Administrators
  • 2956 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[TWIT]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

View Postpeteed1985, on 04 January 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Question? Never asked a question just was pointing out arenanet thinks game has a feature that didn't exist xD

"however I can not for the life of me find this feature that according to the people who made the game should be here."

;)

Also, the lfg feature being referred to here is definitely the blue light you can throw up on your contacts list, however bare-bones it may be.

"The only difference, Connor - the only difference between myself and those you aid is that I do not feign affection."

#7 peteed1985

peteed1985

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostNeo Nugget, on 04 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

"however I can not for the life of me find this feature that according to the people who made the game should be here."

;)

Also, the lfg feature being referred to here is definitely the blue light you can throw up on your contacts list, however bare-bones it may be.

Well that part was meant as sarcasm haha, if it had been a question i'd of had a questionmark :P

Edited by peteed1985, 04 January 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#8 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postpeteed1985, on 04 January 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

But it does exist, making any discussion on 'Anet not knowing what is in their game' pretty pointless. I decided to place the post in Q&A so you would at least get your facts straight (and other people clicking on the link). It also wouldn't make much sense to leave it in TA, as there already was a thread on the LFG a few threads below this one.

If I missed something you'd wanted to discuss instead of what I mentioned, you can make a new thread on it if you want, but please have a look if there isn't already a thread on the subject.

Edited by Arduin, 04 January 2013 - 05:13 PM.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#9 Mayra Venia

Mayra Venia

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[[DP]]
  • Server:Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Looking forward to an ingame LFG tool. Would be much more comfortable as the current options.

Edited by Mayra Venia, 05 January 2013 - 03:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users